Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to newcomers to WS, whether you're in the process of becoming a "verified case insider" or a regular ol' member like the rest of us.

It can seem a bit crazy when we're so eager for information - it might feel like we come on strong. But as a long-timer here, I can vouch for the trust we have in Tricia and in her integrity. We have rules we follow here - so even if it seems crazy, we have high standards here.

But....we like new information on cases, for sure. Or, I should say, we like to know the truth on cases.

Welcome to the discussion.

jmo

I agree with your statements here.
It also seemed to me that he had planned on there being "nothing" in the house by the time he eventually contacted the police about his "missing" family. IMO he had his words ready for them, "I came home and nothing was here!". Her purse, the kids' meds, her phone etc. Had things gone according to his plan there would have been "nothing" left behind. He had repeated these words to himself so many times, in his mind, that when interviewed this was his story and he was sticking to it...even if it no longer applied.

Hmm. Smart insight!

I asked this early on, not sure why came to me but it did. What happens to all the girls things, what happens to SW things.
If I was SW family I wouldn't want CW family taking SW things. I'd want all her stuff. Where does the household items go.
I can't imagine the stress of both families and all the stuff that has to be taken care of, from funeral services, to personal items, vehicles and all the in between. :( :(
maybe nothing will be touched until the outcome of the trial or if he commits suicide, as he is said to be on suicide watch. In another famous family murder case the house was left boarded up for more than 9 years, and apparently it really helped to have it there for the jury to go thru to absorb who was murdered, and where, and the sequence. L E may have enuf evidence to make it worthwhile to maintain it for awhile. Even being privately owned.

I agree with your statements here.
It also seemed to me that he had planned on there being "nothing" in the house by the time he eventually contacted the police about his "missing" family. IMO he had his words ready for them, "I came home and nothing was here!". Her purse, the kids' meds, her phone etc. Had things gone according to his plan there would have been "nothing" left behind. He had repeated these words to himself so many times, in his mind, that when interviewed this was his story and he was sticking to it...even if it no longer applied.
Excellent point on his repeated use of 'nothing'. That makes a lot of sense.

I think this just makes me feel much more sorrow for Shanann. To be pregnant and have 2 little girls and your world falling apart because the person you're in love with, the person who is supposed to be your partner in life has been cheating on you and now wants out of the marriage. Her friend Nickole said she wasn't feeling well on the work trip but it could've been that she was brokenhearted. Ugh, so so sad. IMO
And imagine how hurt she'd feel if she'd also found out that CW had an encounter with the male AP who called into AB.

Yes I am aware of the one affair and was from the beginning. She also knew he wanted a separation before her trip. She continued to post about how wonderful he was. He deleted his Facebook after that.[/QUOTE]

Is it possible at that the same time CW was lying to his pregnant wife and mother of his two daughters about the 'one' affair, he could also of lied to you? He has shown a natural talent for lying to his wife, allegedly lying to an unproven male who says he had an affair and that CW told him he was not married, he has lied to the police, he has lied to the media, friends and family, by your own admission he has taken part in a social media lie of a perfect life. Maybe he hasn't been completely honest with yourself too?

If I lived on that street, I'd want the house demolished and turned into a nice park for children to play in. JMO

People die in houses frequently, often of old age.

We were walking the other night in our suburban world and passed a house where an 18 year old was murdered and his murder is still unsolved. It was at least 15 years ago. In many states you must disclose a person died in a house if you are selling it and a buyer/perspective buyer asks.

Not sure what Colorado real estate code says...

@Sark06 Exactly. And not only that, but he was likely badmouthing Shanann to his friends and coworkers. If you only have his side of the story, and don’t know Shanann personally, your viewpoint is skewed. Isn’t it?

If I lived on that street, I'd want the house demolished and turned into a nice park for children to play in. JMO

That's a good idea, although I would think the bank gets to make that decision. We know they most likely did not make the Sept 1st mortgage payment? In 60 - 90 day - more legal cases come into play. Car payments, Credit Card debt, medical debt, student loan etc.

That seems like a question for a criminologist or psychologist IMO
SW appeared to be an extrovert the outgoing one with lots of friends and CW the introvert on the quiet side. Sometimes that can be an explosive mix. SW talks about her thoughts CW buries them all inside never knowing what hes really thinking while it all builds up inside until a big explosion. SW appeared to me to wear the pants in the family maybe because she was the breadwinner and her strong personality. I think deep inside CW hated SW something awful in order to do what he did, the girls killed to get back at SW. Did he take a shovel knowing he would bury SW and put the kids in the tank? I hardly doubt he always kept a shovel in his truck.

I asked this early on, not sure why came to me but it did. What happens to all the girls things, what happens to SW things.
If I was SW family I wouldn't want CW family taking SW things. I'd want all her stuff. Where does the household items go.
I can't imagine the stress of both families and all the stuff that has to be taken care of, from funeral services, to personal items, vehicles and all the in between. :( :(

I remember that conversation. He would be in control of the house once the police give it up, because he's the living owner. Charged or not. This exact scenario came up in the scott peterson case.

He had control so he sent his family to take care of things. It became a very sad thing. Her family just wanted a couple of things to remember her and the baby by. Her rocking chair. The crib. Some of her personal items. Her journals. Her wedding dress.

His family came rushing over screeching about how they were stealing. It was the saddest thing. They didn't want to even let her family take a thing of hers. Earlier, his family had carted away a ton of stuff.

Ultimately it was determined, however, that her estate owned half the house.

Scott, Laci Peterson families argue at home

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sf...eaks-in-at-Laci-s-house-Husband-s-2613925.php

I hope nothing like that happens in this case.

I keep reading this (not here!!!) that Chris confessed to killing his wife and children, and that is not true, He confessed to killing Shanann, but was "charged" with all their murders. Even some media has it wrong!! I believe he killed them all, but it sure is confusing out there!

We have nothing to verify that there was a door from the garage to the outside of the garage. From what was said, it was an indoor from the house door to the garage. Just want to make sure that folks understand when you said there is a side door from the garage... that that is in your opinion and not a fact.

Moo

Perhaps you have such a link to make it a fact or somebody else?

Yes. I think it was Pommymommy who posted the floor plan. It had a side door.

Also, I don't think I have ever seen a tract home that size, built in the last 50 years that has an attached garage without a side door leading from it. Have you?

Last edited:
I do not believe this as I think he premeditated it. But let us say that she killed the kids because she did not want him to have them. To have his gf have a part of raising them.

What I get stuck on is the putting of them in oil tanks.And of course, not helping the girls by seeing if they can be helped. It does not add up

Yes. I think it was Pommymommy who posted the floor plan. It had a side door.

Also, I don't think I have never seen a tract home that size, built in the last 50 years that has an attached garage without a side door leading from it. Have you?
Yes, that was me. Sorry @dixiegirl1035 , I meant to reply.

Attachments

• Lenox First Floor.jpg
    Lenox First Floor.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Lenox First Floor FLIPPED.jpg
    Lenox First Floor FLIPPED.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online