Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing now, that he had told her many times, that he wanted a separation, makes his story about the killings very suspect.

If she had a long time to consider the issue, why would she snap and kill her babies that night? it's not like it was new, shocking information to her. She had already shared it with family and friends.

And if she did strangle the children, and he came upon her doing so, why didn't he call 911 and try to have them revived?

And if he did watch her kill his babies, and he had to kill his unborn son and pregnant wife, and dump their bodies. Why did he seem so upbeat and smiley the next day?

That's the one that really confounds me. He was calm, composed. Not one sign of grief. Looked well rested even. Steadily lying about his knowledge of the whereabouts of his dead family.

He smiled. He LAUGHED. The very day after he supposedly saw his wife murder his kids.

And there was no indication of psychosis or mental illness of any kind that we are aware of that happens when someone without a history of violence has when they "snap".

No incoherent speech, delusional thoughts, no strange facial expressions or odd body movements. Eyes looked clear. No staring or huge pupils. No catatonia.

@Trinket78, I would love to hear your take on that if you feel up to t. Did you see his three, post murder interviews and what did you think of them?

I’ve been reading on here for 2 weeks. I honestly thought this was a safe place. I totally understand people not wanting to believe since I’m not verified. There’s so much I cannot say due to the case. I can give my observations and opinions. I understood my opinion doesn’t hold much credibility at this point and that’s ok.

Thanks for sharing- I hope you are verified soon, so at least that "doubt" will be out of the way. I didn't mean to berate you about finding it odd that CW would strangle SW rather than to try and get help for his children in a fast way. I read the post and I come off harsh I think. It's good that you answer the questions you feel comfortable with.

Maybe trying hard to keep the marriage together?

There's a saying from Shakespeare, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks". It likely applies here. It has to do with someone who is trying hard to convince others of something and in trying too hard it becomes clear that it isn't reality.

I think almost everyone realizes there was a serious issue in that household. But when a woman is 15 weeks pregnant, with two kids, she may not want to let go of her marriage that easily. And part of trying to hold on could also be effusive public praise of the spouse who wants to leave and trying to convince others that everything is okay.

Of course in this case, he got his wish. They're finally not together anymore.
when i left my husband i did nothing but praise him .we both agreed that i would figure out the 50- 50 evenly, tho i could have cheated him i didn't. To this day no one (else) knows why we got divorced. Many ppl do not crave a public bloodbath just to look superior. Or to claim victimhood.

CW's odd use of language in his media interviews has been noted by pretty much everyone (much of it, I imagine, can be accounted for by stress, discomfort talking on camera and consciousness of guilt) but I'm particularly interested in his use/lack of use of personal pronouns when talking about his wife and daughters. This strikes me as extremely unusual and fundamentally dehumanising.

Even though he has a few opportunities to get this right over three separate news interviews (he's noticeably better in the shorter KDVR one), he still seems to slip up and has to repeatedly correct himself from using impersonal pronouns to choosing the appropriate personal pronouns. He constantly switches back and forth between the two pronoun types when he's describing coming back into the empty house.

Does this fit with the theory of him seeing his family as 'things' or possessions, or distancing himself psychologically from them as human beings? I mean, many people find it jarring when an animal is referred to as 'it' if the sex is known (even though that's very common) but referring to people — your own family — as it/nothing/that? Clearly, these are errors, and he wouldn't normally have used such strange pronoun choices when they were alive, but seems like it might be an example of his true feelings leaking out under pressure.

9News interview:
"And it's just like... there's... it's just like... it has vanished. Like, she's not... like, when I got home yesterday, it was like a ghost town. Like, she wasn't here. The kids weren't here. I have no idea, like, where they went."
[Talks about it being earth-shattering, trying to contact Shanann and then conversation with Nickole before returning to house.]
"Got here, got inside and nuh— [appears to correct himself; about to say 'nothing'?] nobody was here, nuh— nothing."

Denver 7 interview:
"And then walked in the house and nothing. It's vanished. Nothing was here [corrects himself], I mean she wasn't... she wasn't here. The kids weren't here. Nobody was here."
[Talks some more about his family/last night.]
"My kids are my life. I mean those... those smiles [not they or even those children] light up my life. And it's just like, I mean, last night like, during... when they usually eat dinner, it was just like, I miss them, like I mean, I miss telling... 'Hey, you gotta eat that or you're not going to get your dessert.' You know, it's just like, 'You're not going to get your snack after.' I miss that [corrects himself] like... I miss them. You know, cuddled up on their couches — they have like a Minnie Mouse and a Sofia couch that they cuddle up on and watch, you know, Bubble Guppies or something. And it's just like [incoherent] it was tearing me apart last night. And I needed that. I needed that last night."

KDVR interview:
"I came home and it was like I walked into a ghost town. Like, everything [corrects himself]... she wasn't here. The kids weren't here. It was just like... they were here and then they were gone."

I agree with your statements here.
It also seemed to me that he had planned on there being "nothing" in the house by the time he eventually contacted the police about his "missing" family. IMO he had his words ready for them, "I came home and nothing was here!". Her purse, the kids' meds, her phone etc. Had things gone according to his plan there would have been "nothing" left behind. He had repeated these words to himself so many times, in his mind, that when interviewed this was his story and he was sticking to it...even if it no longer applied.

when i left my husband i did nothing but praise him .we both agreed that i would figure out the 50- 50 evenly, tho i could have cheated him i didn't. To this day no one (else) knows why we got divorced. Many ppl do not crave a public bloodbath just to look superior. Or to claim victimhood.

I think this just makes me feel much more sorrow for Shanann. To be pregnant and have 2 little girls and your world falling apart because the person you're in love with, the person who is supposed to be your partner in life has been cheating on you and now wants out of the marriage. Her friend Nickole said she wasn't feeling well on the work trip but it could've been that she was brokenhearted. Ugh, so so sad. IMO

I wonder who is taking care of SW and CW house now that it is empty? Sounds eerie to me.
I asked this early on, not sure why came to me but it did. What happens to all the girls things, what happens to SW things.
If I was SW family I wouldn't want CW family taking SW things. I'd want all her stuff. Where does the household items go.
I can't imagine the stress of both families and all the stuff that has to be taken care of, from funeral services, to personal items, vehicles and all the in between. :( :(

Where is the evidence that the work site had video cameras? In this thread someone linked to the detailed security system from the Anadarko website. There is mention of safety features like data monitors and work vehicle GPS in case something goes wrong and they need to get to a location fast. There is no mention of site cameras.

And the photo of the safety center shows what's being monitored on a half dozen or more screens. No photos. It's just data.

This property had a side door from the garage and presumably a gate from the from yard next to the garage, to the side walk or yard.

Play equipment or anything else large would be brought from that front gate or side door from the garage. Gates are typically at least four feet wide.

Does anyone know of a contemporary house with a fenced in backyard that doesn't have a gate leading to the front yard/drive?

In any event, someone posted the floor plans on here. They show the garage side door.

We have nothing to verify that there was a door from the garage to the outside of the garage. From what was said, it was an indoor from the house door to the garage. Just want to make sure that folks understand when you said there is a side door from the garage... that that is in your opinion and not a fact.

Moo

Perhaps you have such a link to make it a fact or somebody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Altruistic_Ruin06