Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s possible she knew on the N.C. trip. She also continued to post about how great he was up until the night she came home. I kept asking myself “why is she doing that”

Thank you.

Did Chris tell Shanann he was having an affair?

Was an affair the reason Chris wanted a separation?

If he told her any of this, do you know when he told her?

I think it’s very possible she snapped and then he snapped. The worst thing he could of ever done was cheat on her. She would of never thought in a million years HE would want to leave her.
Snapped? But why if she already was aware of the affair and separation? Separation doesn’t mean divorce more like taking a break.

Personal feelings based upon interaction are insight in my opinion that’s why family and friends are interviewed

Yes and they will testify as to their impressions. I for one think it's gold to get a taste maybe years in advance of what might be presented at trial as part of a strategy.

Of course until Trinket is verified we have to take everything with a grain of salt. And if he or she is not, we can discount what's been said here.

But either way, for me it's a window into something.

So, who forced this man who was apparently telling people that he wanted a separation, to go to NC and who forced him to pose in that happy family pic?
Why didn't he leave if he was so intent on a separation? And people are calling her fake?

I did several things with my ex for the "sake of the kids". Until they knew...we pretended like everything was ok. I'm not defending him and I don't know when he talked to SW about it.

I think sometimes people just want to desperately believe the accused. It's too hard to fathom that you could be friends/close with someone that could do something so horrific. How did I not see the signs? It's almost a reflection on ones self and you start asking, what is wrong with me that I missed this/didn't see it? All IMO

It’s possible she knew on the N.C. trip. She also continued to post about how great he was up until the night she came home. I kept asking myself “why is she doing that”
maybe she was the one who wanted the separation and she was trying to help build his ego as she prepared to take over the house for the family. So maybe she was being altruistic and trying to help him keep up his self respect for the sake of her babies.

trinket you posted that you knew of his affair from the "beginning", when did it begin?

I thought people wanted t

no actually they did not. He was arrested on the 15th. It was released 5 days later. He never confessed to all 3.

thats good to hear.
With all respect, the Affidavit was not written until 16 August 2018, and both Affidavit and Complaint were released to public right after CW's initial hearing on Monday. It would not be proper for this info to be given to the public prior to his court appearance, and we welcomed it -- especially as WS is a factual forum. Per the affidavit, we agree CW did not confess to murdering all 3, but police did not believe him and charged him with multiple murder counts. It's also OK if you don't agree with the police. I've uploaded a copy of the Affidavit which may be helpful to answer our questions.

Attachments

• Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf
    183.3 KB · Views: 15
I think sometimes people just want to desperately believe the accused. It's too hard to fathom that you could be friends/close with someone that could do something so horrific. How did I not see the signs? It's almost a reflection on ones self and you start asking, what is wrong with me that I missed this/didn't see it? All IMO
I agree. And sometimes the closer you are to someone, the more blind you are to the truth. It sounds counterintuitive, but we see this all the time, especially when it comes to family members of the accused.

Hearing now, that he had told her many times, that he wanted a separation, makes his story about the killings very suspect.

If she had a long time to consider the issue, why would she snap and kill her babies that night? it's not like it was new, shocking information to her. She had already shared it with family and friends.

And if she did strangle the children, and he came upon her doing so, why didn't he call 911 and try to have them revived?

And if he did watch her kill his babies, and he had to kill his unborn son and pregnant wife, and dump their bodies. Why did he seem so upbeat and smiley the next day?
it makes it much more likely that he murdered the 4 of them as it dawned on him that he had to leave the house.

That's the big question I have: why didn't CW just ask for a divorce and leave? Yes, people would have thought he was callous to leave his wife whilst she was pregnant, and he may have struggled a bit financially, but at least his kids and wife would still be alive and he'd be free to pursue new relationships etc. But to murder your wife and kids instead of having the guts to file for divorce? Defies all logic.
Being called a widower rather than divorcee sounded more glamorous for him, plus divorce is very very expensive, especially when you have 2 +1 kids.

He is a calculating simpleton with no conscience.

Maybe trying hard to keep the marriage together?

There's a saying from Shakespeare, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks". It likely applies here. It has to do with someone who is trying hard to convince others of something and in trying too hard it becomes clear that it isn't reality.

I think almost everyone realizes there was a serious issue in that household. But when a woman is 15 weeks pregnant, with two kids, she may not want to let go of her marriage that easily. And part of trying to hold on could also be effusive public praise of the spouse who wants to leave and trying to convince others that everything is okay.

Of course in this case, he got his wish. They're finally not together anymore.

@Trinket78 Sorry to throw so many questions at you at once. Please just take your time and don't worry about trying to keep up. We will all still be here, lol.

Back a few pages, I think you said that you were actively still in touch with both of them (or something like that - I'm having trouble keeping up myself!). By "both," do you mean CW and AP (Affair Partner)?

If so, is this the female AP who is reported to be cooperating? TIA

I’ve been reading on here for 2 weeks. I honestly thought this was a safe place. I totally understand people not wanting to believe since I’m not verified. There’s so much I cannot say due to the case. I can give my observations and opinions. I understood my opinion doesn’t hold much credibility at this point and that’s ok.

Maybe trying hard to keep the marriage together?

There's a saying from Shakespeare, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks". It likely applies here. It has to do with someone who is trying hard to convince others of something and in trying too hard it becomes clear that it isn't reality.

I think almost everyone realizes there was a serious issue in that household. But when a woman is 15 weeks pregnant, with two kids, she may not want to let go of her marriage that easily. And part of trying to hold on could also be effusive public praise of the spouse who wants to leave and trying to convince others that everything is okay.

Of course in this case, he got his wish. They're finally not together anymore.
I think you’re spot on here. This is literally the worst time for a marriage to come off the tracks. Two little girls, and another baby on the way. She was likely holding on for dear life.

maybe she was the one who wanted the separation and she was trying to help build his ego as she prepared to take over the house for the family. So maybe she was being altruistic and trying to help him keep up his self respect for the sake of her babies.

trinket you posted that you knew of his affair from the "beginning", when did it begin?

If the bolded portion is correct, that shows that Trinket was a closer friend of CW than to SW.

I’ve been reading on here for 2 weeks. I honestly thought this was a safe place. I totally understand people not wanting to believe since I’m not verified. There’s so much I cannot say due to the case. I can give my observations and opinions. I understood my opinion doesn’t hold much credibility at this point and that’s ok.

it is a 'safe' place. But it is also a victim friendly place. And most of us see SW as the victim here. So there's that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme