Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been reading on here for 2 weeks. I honestly thought this was a safe place. I totally understand people not wanting to believe since I’m not verified. There’s so much I cannot say due to the case. I can give my observations and opinions. I understood my opinion doesn’t hold much credibility at this point and that’s ok.
I’m personally disappointed in how we WSers have reacted to Trinket as a whole group, before she got a chance to be vetted or express much of her point of view.
I like to think we are intelligent enough to use our brains & not our brawn in these circumstances. Now we may not have the opportunity to hear any new information, all because some of us were angered to hear anything that went against what we believe to be true. Whether or not the rest of us agree, TOS states that rude comments are strictly against the rules. If you disagree with another member’s point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner.

Gitana, you seem like such a beautiful person to me, so compassionate, fair, and honest. I read your words, and I can’t understand how someone like you could be a Criminal Defense Attorney! With your values, how can you defend cold blooded killers, knowing that their crimes have devastated so many people? I imagine it’s great for you to come to WS and anonymously say things about defendants that you never could say at work!

Gitana does not defend cold blooded killers. She is in a different line of trial law.

But to your point, my father, who was a very noble and kind man, with a lot of integrity, was a criminal defense attorney. He did try a few murder cases.

And he explained it this way to us, as we were growing up. Our justice system depends upon defense attorneys if the trial system is going to work. EVERYONE deserves a fair trial. The only way to have a fair trial, is to have an advocate for both victim, and ALLEGED perpetrator.

If you want to understand the true value of criminal defenders, imagine that your son or your spouse is arrested for murder. Would you want someone with values and integrity to defend your loves ones if they were falsely accused?

Hello! I’ve been following this case and this is my first post on here.
I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere if NUA said anything about SW communicating with C.W. and the girls while in AZ? I’m guessing she would have attempted to face time, call or text them. I wonder what their exchange was like while she was in AZ?

I keep going back and forth about whether the murders were premeditated or not. If he wanted to stage a disappearance, he had all weekend to pack up some clothes for SW and the girls and get rid of them as if she had packed up and taken off. He could have bought plane tickets for her and the girls in their names and left her car abandoned at the airport that Monday. We may never know if he had a plan to stage a disappearance that Monday, or no plan at all. He gave his interviews as if they had disappeared from the house, but it’s possible that he thought of that afterwards. He could have just made up what he was going to say on camera.

Another thing I keep wondering is if it was premeditated, why did it have to be that Sunday? Why not another day when there was more time? Hopefully the loose ends of this crime will be tied up eventually and justice will be served.
Welcome to WS, Jaime!

I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere if NUA said anything about SW communicating with C.W. and the girls while in AZ? I’m guessing she would have attempted to face time, call or text them. I wonder what their exchange was like while she was in AZ?

I keep going back and forth about whether the murders were premeditated or not. If he wanted to stage a disappearance, he had all weekend to pack up some clothes for SW and the girls and get rid of them as if she had packed up and taken off. He could have bought plane tickets for her and the girls in their names and left her car abandoned at the airport that Monday. We may never know if he had a plan to stage a disappearance that Monday, or no plan at all. He gave his interviews as if they had disappeared from the house, but it’s possible that he thought of that afterwards. He could have just made up what he was going to say on camera.

Another thing I keep wondering is if it was premeditated, why did it have to be that Sunday? Why not another day when there was more time? Hopefully the loose ends of this crime will be tied up eventually and justice will be served.
Welcome Jaime!

Would certainly seem so Can someone remind me when the call was made about the dog?

jmo, tia
The neighbour who called the police to do a welfare check on the dog is listed by Crime Online as Charyle Halloway (also spelled Holloway later on in the copy; not sure if that is a typo in the first name either or if it should be some version of Charlye or Charley).
Neighbor says Chris Watts “cared more about the dog” than pregnant wife and 2 toddlers he allegedly killed

Last edited:
:) Welcome to Websleuths, @JerseyWasHome2 ! :)
I'm actually off to the kitchen to prepare supper now, but just wanted to say thanks for joining us.
Thanks! And thanks to you and others like Gitana, Bill Carson and more for insightful posts. Also happy to see Trinket join and hope he/she isn’t scared away.

Welcome Jaime
Great first post and questions to which, unfortunately we don't know the answers
As you say he could have planned this better but that Tuesday script ( for the interviews) might have been a new modified one which he'd developed once Nickole scuppered his original plans

Good final question , which was asked many threads ago but none of us satisfactorily answered - why this Sunday?

Hello everyone. Was finally able to create an account to post here. To introduce myself, for whatever reason I’ve always been drawn toward mystery novels, and I think attempting to solve one as you read it creates the lure, whereas in these real life cases we don’t know all of the facts and as has been shown here, some of the cases defy any kind of “if this, then that” scenario... sometimes people just do horrific things that we can’t get our heads around. It’s easier to process with a cause and effect scenario. The weekend posts about the MacDonald Guy... omg.

I followed the Natalee Holloway case, the Jodi Arias case somewhat, and the missing-then-located bartender case of Sara Majoras in Lambertville, NJ and the Bucks County, PA murder case w Cosmo DiNardo as I used to live in that area and the idea of that horrific crime occurring in Bucolic Bucks is just chilling.

Anyway... appreciate reading all the insight and ideas here. A few things have come to mind recently.

SWs praising of CW on SM... could he have been threatening or trying to leave her, and that was her way of begging, pleading, trying to show him how much she loved him? Or, could he have been depressed off and on, nothing to do with a possible separation, and so it was just her way of trying to boost him up?

He was awfully good about being videotaped and going on trips w her. I don’t think many spouses, if they were introverts, would be as such. They’d behave more along the lines of a quick smile and then dash away, leaving the SM to her but asking to be left out of it. Was he introverted?

Related to the technological aspect of Alexa and GPS devices and such, I found this interesting. A few weeks ago we were out to dinner and hubby’s phone beeped w a notification stating it knew where he was, and would he mind answering a few questions about the restaurant. This was through Google. And his phone is an android. He started poking around as the app mentioned that we were at the same restaurant on such and such a date a year ago. Woah. Now hubby is more reserved online than I am, but doesn’t go out of his way to turn off privacy settings. So after much searching we found out that there’s a buried Google Maps app location tracking setting that was on. He could look back over the past two years and literally see every route he took on certain days, from home, to work, to grocery store, to home and so on. Woah! Like the Map My Walk app when you ask it to save a route you walked.

So I wonder how many of us have that setting activated by default and have no idea... and how helpful that may be in cases like this!

And last, does anyone know how you can move up in MLM so quickly? That is, I envision you begin by having house parties, aka Tupperware, Avon, etc. but eventually your friends and family tire of invites so you need to expand your customer base. Easier to have people under you selling so how do you jump from being a direct seller to being a manager, so to speak? Just curious. Has nothing to do with this crime per se.
the 10" kindle fire i recently bought had location toggled on as a default. Also, of all things it had toggled on "automatically buy the matching audiobook for any kindle book you buy" .Omg. You just have to assume the most intrusive choices are toggled on. Most people dont even know their friends lists on FB are available to the whole world, unless you toggle that off. Even if your fb is restricted to just friends, anyone has access to your entire friends list. Thats the default.

Exactly. Anyone who would dump the bodies of his children in tanks of oil sludge, has absolutely zero credibility when it comes to their version of events.

There could be evidence that his fantastical tale of Shanann doing this were true, and it all goes out the window with his post event behavior. NO decent human being does this to the bodies of their children.

Yes. I cannot get past the fact that he did not attempt to resuscitate any of them and did not cal 911, at any point. It defies logic. He thinks his 2 daughters are dead and so he also kills his unborn son? Just gross.

Where is the evidence that the work site had video cameras? In this thread someone linked to the detailed security system from the Anadarko website. There is mention of safety features like data monitors and work vehicle GPS in case something goes wrong and they need to get to a location fast. There is no mention of site cameras.

And the photo of the safety center shows what's being monitored on a half dozen or more screens. No photos. It's just data.

This property had a side door from the garage and presumably a gate from the from yard next to the garage, to the side walk or yard.

Play equipment or anything else large would be brought from that front gate or side door from the garage. Gates are typically at least four feet wide.

Does anyone know of a contemporary house with a fenced in backyard that doesn't have a gate leading to the front yard/drive?

In any event, someone posted the floor plans on here. They show the garage side door.

I don't believe the photo was of the security center, I believe the photo was of the Operations center, monitoring data. There is a similar photo on the link below.

It's my assumption there is video security after seeing an aerial photo showing a small tower. I think it is for security because those are expensive assets in a very remote location. Anadarko might also outsource the security to a company like this one:
Digital Oilfield Solutions | PetroCloud

the 10" kindle fire i recently bought had location toggled on as a default. Also, of all things it had toggled on "automatically buy the matching audiobook for any kindle book you buy" .Omg. You just have to assume the most intrusive choices are toggled on. Most people dont even know their friends lists on FB are available to the whole world, unless you toggle that off. Even if your fb is restricted to just friends, anyone has access to your entire friends list. Thats the default.
And then Facebook and other apps change the default behavior so often you almost need to check privacy settings weekly. Who can keep up? I sure can’t! That’s awful about the “buy matching audiobook” being on as default!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya