Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what some people think should be on SM.
I only post happy positive things on my social media. I'm not going to go post when me and hubby are not getting along.
We just took a weekend trip and I posted all kinds of pictures of my great weekend. We came home to a house full of kids and a mess and needed to do laundry and cook dinner and both of us where ready to take off again. We were drained from the trip and just exhausted.
I don't post any of that part. Only the good happy positive stuff but IMO those are also things I want to see on my friends and family post. I don't need to see private behind closed doors things. So that being said I don't think SW post where fake. IMO

Okay, gang, get this----

The neighbor whose security camera captured CW leaving the house at 5:27am? That neighbor is named in the Arrest Affidavit as 'NT.' NT is listed as a witness and his address is included.

NT doesn't live across the street from the Watts' house, he lives next door! On the side with the garage and the fence. It's his house that was for sale.

(Please, people---all of this was determined without 'sleuthing' the neighbor---I'm not prying into his personal life, just determining the vantage point of the security camera.)

That means that police know that SW didn't leave the house through the side gate, which is on NT's side of the house!

Edited for typos.

was it some kind of warning?

Regarding the three foot doll covered neatly with the Twister mat...I thought it was a crazy warning as well. My daughter came up with this theory and it’s a good one! She wondered if C.W. did that as a “game” with the girls saying let’s play twister like we did with the doll and then wrapped them up so they couldn’t move or breathe and that’s how he suffocated them. Also, that way he wouldn’t have had to see their frightened, panicked faces. He’s strong enough and the mat is big enough.

Just brainstorming another scenario: LE told us that the bedding was heaped on the floor of bedroom, and that on visual inspection, no foul play detected on bed linens. What if SW came home suspecting CW had entertained the AP in her room on her bed while she was gone-- I could definitely see SW stripping the bed herself, and ordering CW to sleep downstairs. The bottom sheet at tank site could just be convenience. That could also explain a full on rage leading to SW murder! MOO...

Very true. We don't know that the fitted sheet came straight from the bed w/Shan'ann in it. It's possible that both sheets were stripped earlier and he only grabbed one from the garbage.

Hello everyone. Was finally able to create an account to post here. To introduce myself, for whatever reason I’ve always been drawn toward mystery novels, and I think attempting to solve one as you read it creates the lure, whereas in these real life cases we don’t know all of the facts and as has been shown here, some of the cases defy any kind of “if this, then that” scenario... sometimes people just do horrific things that we can’t get our heads around. It’s easier to process with a cause and effect scenario. The weekend posts about the MacDonald Guy... omg.

I followed the Natalee Holloway case, the Jodi Arias case somewhat, and the missing-then-located bartender case of Sara Majoras in Lambertville, NJ and the Bucks County, PA murder case w Cosmo DiNardo as I used to live in that area and the idea of that horrific crime occurring in Bucolic Bucks is just chilling.

Anyway... appreciate reading all the insight and ideas here. A few things have come to mind recently.

SWs praising of CW on SM... could he have been threatening or trying to leave her, and that was her way of begging, pleading, trying to show him how much she loved him? Or, could he have been depressed off and on, nothing to do with a possible separation, and so it was just her way of trying to boost him up?

He was awfully good about being videotaped and going on trips w her. I don’t think many spouses, if they were introverts, would be as such. They’d behave more along the lines of a quick smile and then dash away, leaving the SM to her but asking to be left out of it. Was he introverted?

Related to the technological aspect of Alexa and GPS devices and such, I found this interesting. A few weeks ago we were out to dinner and hubby’s phone beeped w a notification stating it knew where he was, and would he mind answering a few questions about the restaurant. This was through Google. And his phone is an android. He started poking around as the app mentioned that we were at the same restaurant on such and such a date a year ago. Woah. Now hubby is more reserved online than I am, but doesn’t go out of his way to turn off privacy settings. So after much searching we found out that there’s a buried Google Maps app location tracking setting that was on. He could look back over the past two years and literally see every route he took on certain days, from home, to work, to grocery store, to home and so on. Woah! Like the Map My Walk app when you ask it to save a route you walked.

So I wonder how many of us have that setting activated by default and have no idea... and how helpful that may be in cases like this!

And last, does anyone know how you can move up in MLM so quickly? That is, I envision you begin by having house parties, aka Tupperware, Avon, etc. but eventually your friends and family tire of invites so you need to expand your customer base. Easier to have people under you selling so how do you jump from being a direct seller to being a manager, so to speak? Just curious. Has nothing to do with this crime per se.

Okay, gang, get this----

The neighbor whose security camera captured CW leaving the house at 5:27am? That neighbor is named in the Arrest Affidavit as 'NT.' NT is listed as a witness and his address is included.

NT doesn't live across the street from the Watts' house, he lives next door! On the side with the garage and the fence. It's his house that was for sale.

(Please, people---all of this was determined without 'sleuthing' the neighbor---I'm not prying into his personal life, just determining the vantage point of the security camera.)

That means that police know that SW didn't leave the house through the side gate, which is on NT's side of the house!

Edited for typos.
I wonder if this is the neighbor who called the police for a check on the dog?

I don't understand what some people think should be on SM.
I only post happy positive things on my social media. I'm not going to go post when me and hubby are not getting along.
We just took a weekend trip and I posted all kinds of pictures of my great weekend. We came home to a house full of kids and a mess and needed to do laundry and cook dinner and both of us where ready to take off again. We were drained from the trip and just exhausted.
I don't post any of that part. Only the good happy positive stuff but IMO those are also things I want to see on my friends and family post. I don't need to see private behind closed doors things. So that being said I don't think SW post where fake. IMO

You make a good point. I don;t post a lot of downer stuff because I don't want to bum anyone else out.

Of course Shanann did seem hyper positive and showcasing a particularly lovely life. Which apparently many people greatly resent. And it is of course very possible that she was trying to portray a life that she wished exist but really didn't. That's not uncommon.

But I will note that she did post some reality things. Like when her kids got sick and had to have breathing treatments or go to the hospital. Or when they screamed at the Easter Bunny or Santa. or threw a tantrum.

So it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns and you can see a sort of self-deprecating sense of humor come out now and then.

And we have to remember that she utilized social media for business and negativity would not be good for that. She was a business woman. Not a "fake".

I wonder if SW praised CW so much on social media was because she was aware of the affair and maybe the AP was also facebook friends with CW. This could be her way of saying "see, he's so good to me and such a great partner. Your just a little side piece and mean nothing to him".

I've been throwing all kinds of different scenarios around in my head all weekend and then before I can post them, I discredit my own theory.

Or stand there calmly, dry-eyed and well rested, lying through his teeth about his family, the very day after his wife supposedly strangled his precious children to death, and he disposed of all their bodies in a desolate, lonely place.

Some grief from this "poor" man who just witnessed his wife killing the people he loved the most in the world.
Gitana, you seem like such a beautiful person to me, so compassionate, fair, and honest. I read your words, and I can’t understand how someone like you could be a Criminal Defense Attorney! With your values, how can you defend cold blooded killers, knowing that their crimes have devastated so many people? I imagine it’s great for you to come to WS and anonymously say things about defendants that you never could say at work!

CW is not going to get off on this. He may get off on something but he will spend the rest of his life behind bars possibly on death row? If he does not get killed in prison or commit suicide first. Not only did he mess up everybody else's life he messed up his own.

Only one person has been executed by the state of Colorado since the reintroduction of capital punishment in 1977.

#1 Name Race Date of execution Victim Method Under _Governor
Gary Lee Davis White October 13, 1997 Virginia May Lethal injection - Roy R. Romer
I doubt it he’ll get daily mail love letters from women who believe his story and who want to marry him, send him plenty of money for his commissary just like Scott Peterson, Mendez Brothers, Richard Ramirez the night stalker and many more.

Okay, gang, get this----

Edited for typos.

Good work.

Hello everyone. Was finally able to create an account to post here. To introduce myself, for whatever reason I’ve always been drawn toward mystery novels, and I think attempting to solve one as you read it creates the lure, whereas in these real life cases we don’t know all of the facts and as has been shown here, some of the cases defy any kind of “if this, then that” scenario... sometimes people just do horrific things that we can’t get our heads around. It’s easier to process with a cause and effect scenario. The weekend posts about the MacDonald Guy... omg.

I followed the Natalee Holloway case, the Jodi Arias case somewhat, and the missing-then-located bartender case of Sara Majoras in Lambertville, NJ and the Bucks County, PA murder case w Cosmo DiNardo as I used to live in that area and the idea of that horrific crime occurring in Bucolic Bucks is just chilling.

Anyway... appreciate reading all the insight and ideas here. A few things have come to mind recently.

SWs praising of CW on SM... could he have been threatening or trying to leave her, and that was her way of begging, pleading, trying to show him how much she loved him? Or, could he have been depressed off and on, nothing to do with a possible separation, and so it was just her way of trying to boost him up?

He was awfully good about being videotaped and going on trips w her. I don’t think many spouses, if they were introverts, would be as such. They’d behave more along the lines of a quick smile and then dash away, leaving the SM to her but asking to be left out of it. Was he introverted?

Related to the technological aspect of Alexa and GPS devices and such, I found this interesting. A few weeks ago we were out to dinner and hubby’s phone beeped w a notification stating it knew where he was, and would he mind answering a few questions about the restaurant. This was through Google. And his phone is an android. He started poking around as the app mentioned that we were at the same restaurant on such and such a date a year ago. Woah. Now hubby is more reserved online than I am, but doesn’t go out of his way to turn off privacy settings. So after much searching we found out that there’s a buried Google Maps app location tracking setting that was on. He could look back over the past two years and literally see every route he took on certain days, from home, to work, to grocery store, to home and so on. Woah! Like the Map My Walk app when you ask it to save a route you walked.

So I wonder how many of us have that setting activated by default and have no idea... and how helpful that may be in cases like this!

And last, does anyone know how you can move up in MLM so quickly? That is, I envision you begin by having house parties, aka Tupperware, Avon, etc. but eventually your friends and family tire of invites so you need to expand your customer base. Easier to have people under you selling so how do you jump from being a direct seller to being a manager, so to speak? Just curious. Has nothing to do with this crime per se.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, @JerseyWasHome2 ! :)
I'm actually off to the kitchen to prepare supper now, but just wanted to say thanks for joining us.

Hello! I’ve been following this case and this is my first post on here.
I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere if NUA said anything about SW communicating with C.W. and the girls while in AZ? I’m guessing she would have attempted to face time, call or text them. I wonder what their exchange was like while she was in AZ?

I keep going back and forth about whether the murders were premeditated or not. If he wanted to stage a disappearance, he had all weekend to pack up some clothes for SW and the girls and get rid of them as if she had packed up and taken off. He could have bought plane tickets for her and the girls in their names and left her car abandoned at the airport that Monday. We may never know if he had a plan to stage a disappearance that Monday, or no plan at all. He gave his interviews as if they had disappeared from the house, but it’s possible that he thought of that afterwards. He could have just made up what he was going to say on camera.

Another thing I keep wondering is if it was premeditated, why did it have to be that Sunday? Why not another day when there was more time? Hopefully the loose ends of this crime will be tied up eventually and justice will be served.

Regarding the three foot doll covered neatly with the Twister mat...I thought it was a crazy warning as well. My daughter came up with this theory and it’s a good one! She wondered if C.W. did that as a “game” with the girls saying let’s play twister like we did with the doll and then wrapped them up so they couldn’t move or breathe and that’s how he suffocated them. Also, that way he wouldn’t have had to see their frightened, panicked faces. He’s strong enough and the mat is big enough.

I have been wondering about this too. The doll seems (and i think this was mentioned in earlier threads) to be wrapped very neatly in the twister mat....far too neatly (IMO) to have been done by a 3 or 4 year old? I wonder if this WAS practice and since he is such a coward...a way of doing a 'dry run' to familiarize the girls with 'playing' this type of way. It just seems too coincidental to me that this was SW's LAST post ever on FB. I wonder what she was really thinking (in light of what we know/surmise about their relationship NOW) and if maybe she posted it because it freaked her out and she wanted everyone to know (kind of like a person saying...if anything happens to me....)

Gitana, you seem like such a beautiful person to me, so compassionate, fair, and honest. I read your words, and I can’t understand how someone like you could be a Criminal Defense Attorney! With your values, how can you defend cold blooded killers, knowing that their crimes have devastated so many people? I imagine it’s great for you to come to WS and anonymously say things about defendants that you never could say at work!
Gitana is a family court lawyer.

Going off to work on day of disappearance, acting cool during interviews that day (LIAR), I believe CW's actions were all premeditated.
He had his plan and followed it.
Perhaps further 'clean up' was stopped, due to SW's friend calling LE.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members