Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is 2018, the economy sucks (no matter what spin is put on it from nameless politicians) a lot of people are facing HUGE financial hardships but THANKFULLY not using that as an excuse to annihilate their families and drag their murdered spouse through the mud with lies. Just sayin', MOO and all that.
Yes, of course. It's not an excuse.

But it's a theme - especially with men, and in my observation, more so as they get older. CW is not an old man by any means, but he's already been through one bankruptcy and now is facing more financial problems, as evidenced with the non-payment to HOA.

It's no shame to have hardships. That's what makes me sad about all this - they could have faced their problems, figured out a solution, and moved on.

But, that's not what I happened and I think it's because CW didn't want to face financial ruin yet again. That's not the sole reason for the murder, but I think it is what set everything in motion at a slow, simmering seethe.

jmo

This is 2018, the economy sucks (no matter what spin is put on it from nameless politicians) a lot of people are facing HUGE financial hardships but THANKFULLY not using that as an excuse to annihilate their families and drag their murdered spouse through the mud with lies. Just sayin', MOO and all that.

The economy does not suck right now. It is actually improving. It is not just politicians claiming that. Do some reading from some business publications.

There will always be people who suffer financially, and often it is because they make very poor financial decisions, such as buying cars and houses, or paying for vacations they cannot possibly need or afford. You are right that thankfully most do not go to these drastic lengths. I think the Watts had huge financial issues. They were living a lifestyle they could not afford. Nobody needs a 5 bedroom house before having any children.

Last edited:
Just curious and not doubting, but where is this info about the first house, bankruptcy and monies in bank accounts? Curious minds want to know. I believe you but I never uncover information like this.

You can do a search of all my posts. Early on I did a lot of research & included links to MSM articles, BK docs, etc.

I believe she became ill around 2010, not long after her marriage ended, but before she met CW. I’m basing this on the timeline she gave during several of her SM videos. If someone has her office video “My Purpose,”perhaps we can link it. I can view it but can’t copy the link to paste it for some reason.
Phew, that was hard to find! Skip to around 19mins in where she talks about her goal of buying a house (click below).
Shanann Watts

Check out the home I found in Belmont

Here’s the link to the N.C. house on realtor.com.
It’s a brick front and across the street from the lake, not on the lake. Location, location, location.

I would not consider this a mansion based on living in metro Atlanta. Mansion is 12,000 sq ft + here.
The recession hit that area hard as the Charlotte area is a banking center, and the banks had a few problems.
I am sure builders were making deals. They were having fire sales in Atlanta.

Realtor.com is a great website to keep up with home values in your area. It is taken from public information.

I have read all the threads on this case... I'm speechless... Horrible and senseless crime. How in the world can a parent do something like that? Why would a parent dump their lifeless babies on a tank? Give interviews to the press, eat pizza, laugh and go to work; knowing your babies and wife are dead and you know why/how/when? Why strangle your pregnant wife, killing the baby in her womb? the baby you posted about on SM? Lying to family, friends, reporters and LE with zero signs of remorse or guilt? A psychopath. Evil.

My heart goes out to her family and friends...

Hi! Been reading for a few wks but never posted.

I’ve wondered because of her health issues, maybe that’s one reason they moved to CO because of medical mj being legalized maybe? And if not, man, maybe they should have partook in that. It’s made me wonder with all the talk on the thrive patches, if mixing mj with, how it might react together. It’s not an excuse, I’m just curious to know if they did or not. Random I know.

Realistically it probably was being built as their marital home, as they were renting while he finished law school. Unfortunately, I think the marriage ended before the home was finished, so she ended up moving in herself in 2009.

Not trying to be argumentative, but do you know this for a fact? It definitely makes sense. I just don’t see how she would have been able to swing it.

It’s been speculated that she received the house in a divorce settlement and she paid for it using alimony.

<modsnip: sleuthing the ex is not allowed>

And if the marriage was of short duration and there were no children, I doubt he’d have to pay her much, if anything at all (I don’t know much about divorce, least of all in NC). Would that house be considered a marital asset?

Sorry, just going off on a tangent here, with all my opinions and speculating.

Why would a single woman move into that giant house all by herself and take it all on alone?

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a huge, beautiful home. As AB put it, “not a starter home”. She also described it as a “mansion”. Not sure I’d go that far, but it is very impressive.

They showed photos of the listing. I’ve seen it, the listing has been posted on other sites, not sure if it’s allowed here.

I think the “wowzerz!” is an appropriate reaction.

Edited to add: it’s a 4-bed, 3-bath across from a lake, on .7 acres.

Our house is 130 years old, but it is comparable in size: 5 bedrooms; 4 baths; 4,500 sq ft.; etc. The difference is that we have 123 acres and you can't buy our floorplan. I definitely wouldn't classify it as a "mansion." Although it is a bit of an anomaly square-footage wise in my rural area, in the next county over you can find entire subdivisions chocked full of houses the same size. More and more, that seems to be what people are building in a lot of these new subdivisions. Nobody refers to them as "mansions". Mostly, a house like the Watts' (a large home but one that looks similar to others in the neighborhood and is right on top of the one next door) would be referred to as a "McMansion." Actually, I think both of her homes could fall into this category.

Further reading: Why McMansions were doomed investments from the start

Last edited:
Our house is 130 years old, but it is comparable in size: 5 bedrooms; 4 baths; 4,500 sq ft.; etc. The difference is that we have 123 acres and you can't buy our floorplan. I definitely wouldn't classify it as a "mansion." Although it is a bit of an anomaly square-footage wise in my rural area, in the next county over you can find entire subdivisions chocked full of houses the same size. More and more, that seems to be what people are building in a lot of these new subdivisions. Nobody refers to them as "mansions". Mostly, a house like the Watts' (a large home but one that looks similar to others in the neighborhood and is right on top of the one next door) would be referred to as a "McMansion."

Your home sounds wonderful! I love old houses. You can’t find quality like that anymore.

“McMansion”, “house farm”... yup.

Not trying to be argumentative, but do you know this for a fact? It definitely makes sense. I just don’t see how she would have been able to swing it.

It’s been speculated that she received the house in a divorce settlement and she paid for it using alimony.

My problem with that is, I don’t think the first husband was ever making very much money. Currently he’s a public defender making $65k per year. Newly minted lawyers at prestigious firms don’t make very much, either. It takes a while for that $$ degree to pay for itself.

And if the marriage was of short duration and there were no children, I doubt he’d have to pay her much, if anything at all (I don’t know much about divorce, least of all in NC). Would that house be considered a marital asset?

Sorry, just going off on a tangent here, with all my opinions and speculating.

Why would a single woman move into that giant house all by herself and take it all on alone?

In my experience, many lawyers graduate law school with a ton of student loan debt. Earnings aren't as high as most people think (if you are in the top 15% of your law school class, then you can go to work for a big firm making $180,000 per year and working 2,500 hours per year, but the lower 85% of law school grads are making much, much less).

The deed records show the deed in SW's name alone, and I can't believe she wouldn't have to qualify for the mortgage by herself. I can only presume that she had a very high income in 2009. Doing what, I have no idea. Maybe sales? She is an excellent salesperson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clay84