Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There just plain seems to be a pattern of excessive home purchases, and spending in general. SW may have been naive about finances, but she certainly didn’t deserve to be murdered!

Not trying to be argumentative, but do you know this for a fact? It definitely makes sense. I just don’t see how she would have been able to swing it.

It’s been speculated that she received the house in a divorce settlement and she paid for it using alimony.

My problem with that is, I don’t think the first husband was ever making very much money. Currently he’s a public defender making $65k per year. Newly minted lawyers at prestigious firms don’t make very much, either. It takes a while for that $$ degree to pay for itself.

And if the marriage was of short duration and there were no children, I doubt he’d have to pay her much, if anything at all (I don’t know much about divorce, least of all in NC). Would that house be considered a marital asset?

Sorry, just going off on a tangent here, with all my opinions and speculating.

Why would a single woman move into that giant house all by herself and take it all on alone?
IMO it would be extremely hard . We know an attorney bought it as per MM and said she left in a hurry leaving furniture behind .
Her SM indicated she worked as a nanny in NC it was same friend she moved to nanny with in CO. I’m just wondering if the marriage started with heavy debt . Not that it is a bad thing , bc it seemed they may have been trying to wipe the slate clean like fresh start in Co. living with a friend , saving money then declaring bankruptcy for a fresh start . There were student loans , high end store credit card bills and medical bills on bankruptcy . She was very young with a new home , and getting diagnosed with lupus and fibromyalgia and depressed according to her video . That’s a lot for a young couple. Especially IF financial problems started again for whatever reason in Colorado after getting the new house .

Hi! Been reading for a few wks but never posted.

I’ve wondered because of her health issues, maybe that’s one reason they moved to CO because of medical mj being legalized maybe? And if not, man, maybe they should have partook in that. It’s made me wonder with all the talk on the thrive patches, if mixing mj with, how it might react together. It’s not an excuse, I’m just curious to know if they did or not. Random I know.

:) Welcome to Websleuths, @brookryn ! :)
I don't think we've seen anything that indicates she used mj, but we have a verified insider, @isalybra who could probably answer that for you.

Who else has seen the video of C.W. and SW playing a huge, on-the-ground checkers game? SW was filming the end of the game while she was “live on FB” and talking to a friend. She posted it with the title, “He Has Nowhere To Go”. I found it illuminating.

I don't think I've seen that video, can you link it please?

O/T @Seattle1 We had pork chops. :p

Check out the home I found in Belmont

Here’s the link to the N.C. house on realtor.com.
It’s a brick front and across the street from the lake, not on the lake. Location, location, location.

I would not consider this a mansion based on living in metro Atlanta. Mansion is 12,000 sq ft + here.
The recession hit that area hard as the Charlotte area is a banking center, and the banks had a few problems.
I am sure builders were making deals. They were having fire sales in Atlanta.

Realtor.com is a great website to keep up with home values in your area. It is taken from public information.
Was this SW home in NC before moving to CO?

Phew, that was hard to find! Skip to around 19mins in where she talks about her goal of buying a house (click below).
Shanann Watts
This video was posted 4 months ago of SW face book page and when I watched the video, I got the impression that SW was dealing with personal issues in her life currently at the time of the live video and that perhaps things weren't as rosy as people thought. I actually think SW was being very candid in her video and basically said she even now - currently, is facing challenges and I don't think SW was referring to her health challenges as I think it was related to CW. JMO.

Hi all! I’ve been lurking for a bit. The thing I simply cannot get past is how he carried his kids’ dead bodies up that ladder and dumped them into the tank. As a mom, I have carried my kids many times when they were tired of walking at a fair or amusement park, or they fell asleep on the drive home and I carried them upstairs to bed, etc. How could you carry your child’s lifeless body the same way you carried them so many times before and not just be comepletely devastated? How???

Hi! Been reading for a few wks but never posted.

I’ve wondered because of her health issues, maybe that’s one reason they moved to CO because of medical mj being legalized maybe? And if not, man, maybe they should have partook in that. It’s made me wonder with all the talk on the thrive patches, if mixing mj with, how it might react together. It’s not an excuse, I’m just curious to know if they did or not. Random I know.
As a lifelong MJ enthusiast, there is no way in hell SW or CW used MJ.

The level of debt is terrifying to me. I guess I am too frugal and could care less about keeping up with the Jones'.
Simple arithmetic tells me if your bi weekly salary is $2600 you do not belong in a house where the mortgage is $3000 per month. I have never been that attached to a building that I would live way beyond my means to stay in it.

I didn’t think we were allowed to post a link from FB or I would have posted the link. I’m new! I believe CW killed all three and planned it, killing the children first, laying in wait for her. Of course, SW is a victim but I also think people have the tendency to make the victim of a brutal crime into a saint, when they’re human and have flaws like we all do. I’m certainly not speaking of children. There were a lot of dynamics going on in that marriage. Add it all together, throw in a psycho and it’s a recipe for disaster. Such a tragedy.

Isn't one of the charges something along the lines of killing the unborn child which lead to the death of the mother? I forgot how it was worded but it sounded like he might have stabbed or shot her through the stomach killing the baby and causing her to bleed to death.

Isn't one of the charges something along the lines of killing the unborn child which lead to the death of the mother? I forgot how it was worded but it sounded like he might have stabbed or shot her through the stomach killing the baby and causing her to bleed to death.
No, <modsnipped unnecessary comment> By killing the mother he terminated the pregnancy and that was the only way that he could be charged with foetus death in CO.

Last edited by a moderator:
This case just makes me so damn sad.
I know there have been other horrendous cases like this one, but, cases where innocent children are slaughtered take my breath away.
We have the McStay family trial coming up, which to me is mind-blowing, then the Scalvolis (please excuse spelling) all were children and parents who were tortured and murdered.
However, none by their own biological parent.
All of these murdered children lived in what would be called a good home enviorment, without a care in the world, until the night of horror.
I don't think that even a Hollywood producer would dare make a movie out of any of these three crimes as entertainment. A documentary, yes. A movie for entertainment to the masses? No.
IMO Chris Watts murdered all of them.
I do think that Bella and CeCe knew it was their father. How could they not?
I absolutely think that Shannan knew it was Chris, how could she not?
Their last moments and pain by somebody they loved is what makes me so very sad.
I find that, 100% unforgivable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member