Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect. I don’t think people are ignoring that fact. It is a fact and can’t be disputed. I think people are trying to put a puzzle piece together.
From the moment Shanann disappeared, to right now, have your feelings changed in regards to C.W.’s involvement in what occurred?

IMO it's really simple - CW was having an affair, SW got pregnant, he felt even more trapped and his resentment grew and grew. Everything about his life was SW's fault. He grew to hate her, hate his life; he wanted to be able live the single life again. His hateful thoughts turned to action and he killed them all and then he was relieved when it was over. (All IMO of course)

Another thought- do we have any idea what he did the night he got the babysitter?

There are plenty of rumors about what he was doing that night. Not sure if I can say what they were.

I don't know if you saw them by now, but I did post my response to both. I really don't see any problem with the squirt bottle video, as the child seems to both welcome and enjoy it. It may not have been the best choice by mom to keep aiming towards her face for so long, and at the end the child did seem to have enough. It probably would have been wise to stop at that point, but overall I don't see it as being abusive or cruel. I was more disturbed by the Santa video. This mom seemed to be a bit of a perfectionist and had probably planned in her head the way she wanted things to go. The children were obviously upset. The whole thing should have just been abandoned at that point but she seemed to be determined to follow through with her plan. Her constant referring to the child as a grinch demonstrates her disappointment that it did not go as planned, rather than realizing the whole thing was upsetting the children. Probably a poor parenting choice but not necessarily an event that would have any long term effects on the children. In my opinion, she did not seem to even realize how uncomfortable or even frightened her children were, in her attempt to capture the perfect family video.
Thank you for your insight & for reposting your thoughts. I must have missed your other posts.

I can see where folks are coming from in analyzing the behavior and interactions of SW and CW. Of course, nothing in any of these videos makes the answer murder. But he does seem like the quiet guy that just took whatever she threw at him. It does come off to me like she ruled that roost and whatever she wanted she got and he maybe didn't have much of a say. But he was a grown man and people will only do to you what you let them. He could've said something to SW and maybe he did. We can only speculate. He was the one that was stepping out on SW (while she was pregnant I might add) and he was the one that lied over and over and he was the one that admittedly murdered his wife knowing it would also kill the child growing inside her and he's the one LE is charging with ALL of the murders. Soooo, I don't really know where I was going with this. Rambling.

ALWAYS MOO

BBM.

I'm not so sure. Think about if the roles were reversed. Would a woman who was being criticized or poked fun of all the time by a man be assumed that if she didn't like it she would merely get it to stop? That she was only having it done b/c she was allowing it? I think there can be a lot of psychological stuff going on with people and I think most women are given the benefit of the doubt if they are the target- that they can feel trapped in those situations and don't know how to get out. Anyway, just another way to look at it...

This never crossed my mind, but SW did say that she lost a lot of friends because her diseases are outwardly invisible, yet she had a lot of physical complaints. People didn't believe her. Also, interesting that the mil didn't believe the girls' allergies.

Unfortunately, this is very common for people with autoimmune diseases.

In SW video talking about meeting CW she was in a dark place depressed had been looking for a diagnosis , misdiagnosed for years . Could it be possible the depression came from her divorce ? That depression magnified into illness , that is quite common . When she met CW I believe she had stated on video about him going to dr appointments and I saw one of their first dates on her SM was a colonoscopy . It seems her illness gained her attention . I believe she reached out in her words to support groups on SM . I don’t recall her ever mentioning a Dr visit for herself for lupus .

Here’s my question then. Strangulation takes a good couple of minutes. Would “heat of passion” still apply when the method of murder takes such a long period of time. He didn’t shoot her, which would bring near instant death, rather, he squeezed and squeezed until she was lifeless.

@MassGuy it would not necessarily be how quickly the victim dies, but rather how quickly the Defendant reacts.

With all do respect, we were told by the mods that we must consider both sides, as CW has only admitted to killing his wife.

(“Only.”)

(“With child”)

(So I’m thinking killing the kids is likely a leap then.)

(And he’s been so truthful about everything...)

(And then, you know, putting them in some remote oil tanks.)

(What am I even doing here...isnt there there some “real mystery” I should be sleuthing LOL)

(Hi MerryB btw)

Last edited:
So apparently Nick Van Der Leek has tweeted out book 1 of a new book series. "Two Faced, the man underneath CW", is available on Amazon. Cost is $3.99 or free to Kindle Unlimited users. I read the sample which was very enlightening. Things like, the dogs heard barking during CW interview were actually cadaver dogs (unbeknownst to CW), not just search dogs. The dogs are trained to detect human death. This explains how things played out so quickly, prompting the arrest of CW.

Delete if not allowed...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H8NJFC4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_IoxMBbGMXS2Q4

Yes! Great point ! Why would friends leave you bc of illness ? The only thing that makes sense is not believing you!

That could be true. It could also be that some friends "leave" because you're always sick or there are things you can't physically do anymore or that you may have to change plans at the last minute because you're suddenly in a flare. I've seen this happen to one of my daughters. She has RA and some of her friends stopped calling/texting/inviting her to do things because of the reasons I stated above. So that does happen. Sometimes people just don't want to deal with your illness or be put out in any way because of it so they move on.

But dumping their little bodies says a lot about him , at least that is my opinion

Exactly. In addition to any other evidence that may have been collected by LE that shows CW was the perpetrator of all three murders, the fact that he transported all three victims and hid them is proof that this crime was an act of "instrumental" deadly violence committed by CW against all three victims. JMO.

"Instrumental" deadly violence means the victims were killed to achieve some kind of gain. CW had a lot to gain financially by killing all three. If he had gotten away with, he would get whatever equity is in the house, all of the marital personal property, and any money in checking and savings, PLUS, no alimony or child support.

In addition to removing and hiding the bodies, he gave media interviews in which he lied repeatedly and had moments where he chuckled and smiled. He lied to LE, until confronted with proof of the bed sheet and clandestine grave, and then he "owned" up to strangling SW but said it was in a fit of rage because SW strangled the little girls after he told her he wanted a separation.

JMO, projection much by CW toward SW about the issue of "separation"? Studies show the intimate partner in a a domestically violent relationship is at high risk of being murdered by her partner when she attempts to separate from him. Her children are also sometimes murdered, in revenge against her, even if her children are also the perpetrator's biological children.

Domestic violence often goes unreported to LE. It can include being abused emotionally. Emotional abuse can also be covert.

I've searched and I have not found any studies based on data from cases where the wife murdered her children right after being told by her husband he wanted to separate. If there's a study based on data out there, I'd love to see it. JMO.

JMO. SW had nothing to gain by killing her daughters. In order to believe CW's story, JMO, one must allow themselves to buy into a mindset that existed years ago. That mindset is that women are desperate and emotional creatures who cannot survive without a man. To me, CW's "story" is akin to a saying that originated in a 1697 English play and was in rather frequent use until a few years ago:

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

The general interpretation of this saying is that a woman who is rejected by a man is inclined to become vicious when seeking revenge.

All JMO

i

Last edited:
I would like to know who is responsible for the girl’s deaths and IMO I see CW as a main care giver . Especially with her trips out of town for lengthy periods with and without him and high demanding job which required her to do probably 50 plus hours devoted to it. That’s IMO why it was necessary for children to be in daycare , so she could work (as a lot of moms do) but with most pics and videos he is displayed as the dishwasher , lawnmower , cooking, feeding girls much more than her. She has stated “the girls are driving me nuts “ too many times to count on SM. She is very insultful to him in a lot of videos . Her family has stated she was “fiery” . IMO she would not have taken news of separation very well. Just as we have looked at CW she needs investigated for the girls murders as well since we have no confession .

But she knew about the separation way before the night she arrived home from the airport. She knew for quite awhile and even discussed it with friends and family. So why would she suddenly go battshitt crazy and strangle her babies that night? She wasn't learning about the news for the first time that night.

I don't know if you saw them by now, but I did post my response to both. I really don't see any problem with the squirt bottle video, as the child seems to both welcome and enjoy it. It may not have been the best choice by mom to keep aiming towards her face for so long, and at the end the child did seem to have enough. It probably would have been wise to stop at that point, but overall I don't see it as being abusive or cruel. I was more disturbed by the Santa video. This mom seemed to be a bit of a perfectionist and had probably planned in her head the way she wanted things to go. The children were obviously upset. The whole thing should have just been abandoned at that point but she seemed to be determined to follow through with her plan. Her constant referring to the child as a grinch demonstrates her disappointment that it did not go as planned, rather than realizing the whole thing was upsetting the children. Probably a poor parenting choice but not necessarily an event that would have any long term effects on the children. In my opinion, she did not seem to even realize how uncomfortable or even frightened her children were, in her attempt to capture the perfect family video. Jmo
Having watched a few of her videos I've noticed when the girls are upset in the background she seems to not react very much or if at all. Don't get me wrong we can all tune out every now and again to kids whining, dogs barking etc. but it happened quite frequently. I was just wondering if you would feel that was a cause for concern or not? If you don't mind me asking that is.

@Trinket78 - thank you again for your insight.

Can you expand a little more on why you thought “what has she done” when you first heard SW and the girls were missing?

Also - you mentioned something about CW not being the narcissist. I read that to mean that you possibly thought You had seen those traits in SW. Could you explain?

Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member