Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gone for around 8 hours and returned to what feels like a totally different board.

SW having MBP or Munchausen Syndrome is based on what, precisely? I realize we are not meant to bring social media rumors to the group but that is exactly where that "idea" came from-it originated from a troll trying to stir up trouble in a FB group this morning, spawned more than 1k responses, and has now made its way here.

Is it based on the idea that she had multiple illnesses? Lupus is a cluster disease, meaning that it is often a co-morbidity to other medical conditions. People almost never "just" have Lupus. It often goes hand-in-hand with other illnesses.

I just spent 8 hours in the ER where I was given treatment for pneumonia and a slipped disc causing sciatica. I am frequently ill, which is something that happens when you have a poor immune system, something that is common with autoimmune disorders like Lupus. The fact that she had other conditions, like Fibro, doesn't surprise me. In fact, in my experience, people rarely have just one disorder with Lupus.
I don’t think it necessarily was reporting a social media rumor. Seems like the MBP “rumor” may have been born here before our very eyes.

I don't know what kind of people they were. I am going to take any information from the outsiders/insiders without criticizing the posters. Just as part of the picture.

But what really surprised me was the string of videos where kids were crying and elicited no response, the camera continued videotaping. It was so teenage-like, I thought "I hope I shall never do it". We read about it all the time, how witnesses keep on videotaping instead of helping. Maybe it is the newly-forming addiction, to your cellphone camera, happening in the world?

Anyhow, I believe we need to draw some conclusions even from such gruesome stories, if only for the living ones. This is the family dynamic that ended in a tragedy, so probably some advices to couples can be eventually provided?
I am just wondering what advice to couples could be provided? That statement reeks of, SW could have prevented her own death had she just been a good little wife and done what was wanted of her, IMO. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, it's just the way I took it. I just can't see where there can be anything we learn that will stop the next man from killing his pregnant wife and dumping everyone's bodies. That's what he admitted too. I believe he killed all of them, because his story makes absolutely no sense. He could have easily gotten a divorce or he could have just skipped town. People do it all the time. But there was something inside him that thought killing them was a better idea. He has shown no remorse, didn't even appear sad. I believe he thought he would get away with it and would have if NU hadn't been so quick. JMO

She states herself “I am the dominant one the high strung one, Chris is the sweet one the calm one ...”
CW did not confess to the children’s murders .

Being the dominant person in the relationship and being highly strung does not prove she's a murderer. However her sweet, calm husband has confessed to murdering her and identified where her body and those of the children could be found.

I have to state this, it's not just me who can't understand how CW could rationalize strangling SW while thinking their 2 daughters were dead and now, here is killing his son too. I asked my DH what he would do if I needed to be restrained while pregnant. He said that he would do just that, restrain me, not strangle me. No matter how little self esteem CW had, or was attempting to gain, can I make sense of him wiping out everyone and walking away from it, alive.
But say his story is true that he killed SW because he killed Bella and was strangling Cece. What if the person Mom or Dad was crazy out of there mind? A divorce would change everything the happy fake perfect life portrayed on Social media. If a mom did strangle, kill her children I suppose it would be to get even with and punish the Father knowing he loved them so much and he wasn’t going to have them.

I just don’t know this is one of the sickest cases I have ever seen since being here on WS for years. Just horrible.

I don’t think it necessarily was reporting a social media rumor. Seems like the MBP “rumor” may have been born here before our very eyes.
It's been mentioned on every forum of this case that I read.

I have a friend who has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Another friend's daughter has fibromyalgia. People seem to think both are phony illnesses. They aren't.

Oh I'm sure he was"there" because the friends were asked to take him in.But as far as being there to interact w the dogs.... ?? I can't imagine cadaver dogs going thru home while resident dog is running around.
Nobody said Dieter was interacting or running around. Dogs bark when they see other dogs. I believe they were scent dogs tracking how SW and children left the house. JMO

Peanuts are not nuts
They still have to be avoided though because they are usually processed in a tree nut facility.

A bit personal -- I don't have a deathly tree nut allergy, but I have allergies to tree pollens, so every Spring and Fall I avoid tree nuts, bananas and avocados, sometimes apples & oranges and fresh peanuts too. For some reason fresh peanuts bother me sometimes, probably because they were processed in a tree nut facility, but if they are cooked or roasted, it's ok. Thank goodness I can eat pecan pie in the winter! My body confuses the proteins of tree nuts and fruits with my tree pollen allergy and I have a reaction. So that being said, I think when one has a dangerous nut allergy, it's best to avoid anything that could be processed in a tree nut facility. All in all, SW had a right to be upset. It was worse coming from her mil as she wasn't respected nor was CeCe's allergies taken seriously.

Turns out I was severely dehydrated. I hadn't been able to keep food down for 6 days ( y'all, I was dreaming about seas of buffet tables) but I though I'd been doing an okay job of drinking. Guess not. I have to admit, though. As soon as they had me hooked up to the machines I made my husband hand me my tablet so that I could check in here. I know, I have a problem. I didn't want to get TOO far behind on here!
Feel better. Two words: Smart Water. It replenishes electrolytes.

I thought it was treenuts.

CeCe was allegedly allergic to tree nuts.
I stated that peanuts are not tree nuts, if that was what was on the ice cream (ex: Drumstick). Peanuts are legumes. Whole different thing.
But then it was confirmed that the incident being referred to involved no nuts at all. No tree nuts, no peanuts. The ice cream was manufactured in a facility that also processed tree nuts. CeCe did not eat this ice cream.
@Trinket78

Turns out I was severely dehydrated. I hadn't been able to keep food down for 6 days ( y'all, I was dreaming about seas of buffet tables) but I though I'd been doing an okay job of drinking. Guess not. I have to admit, though. As soon as they had me hooked up to the machines I made my husband hand me my tablet so that I could check in here. I know, I have a problem. I didn't want to get TOO far behind on here!

get-well-smiley.gif

Okay, I thought they quit making Polaroid cameras in 2008? But yet this motion specifically talks about having a Polaroid picture made. Go figure!
Polaroid cameras are still made. They are still pretty darn cool! For confidentiality and quick, ease of use I imagine they are the preferred choice in this instance.

@Trinket78

IIRC:
Asthma-both
Nuts-CC
Celiac-B
Esophageal thing (can’t recall proper name)-B
Periodic Fever Syndrome-both
Adenoid/ENT issues-both
How would you fake those? Or make kids sick with these symptoms? I'm wondering because all my kids are asthmatic and have sinus and allergy issues. One of mine has Celiac Disease. I can't figure a way to make a doctor believe your children had those symptoms. Test are run for all of those.

Ok, but if she did have attention seeking behavior, how would that affect this case? That's what I don't get.

This has always been a victim friendly site. And now, the man who is in jail, charged with her murder, has pointed his finger at her, and suddenly she is being accused of being a harsh, controlling, attention seeking, hypochondriac. And I don't get how that should change anything.

For me it's a case of exploring if there is any truth to what CW said. I like to look into things before I can totally dismiss them.

I'm aware of the interviews and oil tanks, and many here think that's conclusive enough but I'm just not there yet. When you say everything in one paragraph as per your comment then it sounds bad, but these characteristics have been speculated by individuals, over many different pages and usually with the prefix that it doesn't excuse what he did.

I agree. We all have our opinions here, and analyzing the dynamic and personalities of the people involved, isn’t victim blaming.

Nothing is black and white, and the information we are working with, is at best, incomplete. This opens the door to many possibilities and competing theories. None of these are in any way, saying that Shanann deserved what happened to her. This obviously goes for the kids as well.

As for your last point, I think that people like C.W. are an aberration. That’s not to say that there aren’t many people with his psychological makeup, but most people who are sociopaths (if he is one), don’t massacre their families.

There are many gaps that need to be filled in order for this to begin making sense, and I don’t believe we’ll ever have the answers to many of the questions that we are asking. Right now, all we can do is theorize.

As for the videos, they paint a picture, but don’t show the true one, whatever that is.
But, even if many of the videos were choreographed, real life slipped in at times.

Who has been a petulant brat at some point in a family holiday? (Raises hand).

RSBM & BBM
Yes, but he could have intentionally hurt one or both of them, unintentionally and unfortunately killing one.
True - but still, a normal person would not intentionally hurt his/her child (especially to the point of death?) and then proceed to kill the mother of said children.

I'm trying to think of plausible explanations but I just don't see any scenario where CWs actions are justifiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28