Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have discarded the sheet on Monday and didn't bother to take the trash out on Tuesday.
or
He discarded the sheet on Tuesday after the trash pick up, or on Wednesday.

Hmm.. But the scent dogs were there on Tuesday. How come LE didn't discover the sheet and pillow cases until Wednesday?

Where were those items on Tuesday?
Puzzling..or I'm not thinking straight.

Per arrest affidavit top bedsheet and pillowcases were on the house when LE did the check well-being on Monday.

All I know is if my husband and I were financially strapped in debt, bankruptcy a baby would be the last thing we would try bringing into the world. If in that situation and I sprung that on him we would both be in tears.
I have to agree. Watching SW video showing CW surprise at the pregnancy test results,
the response showed a apprehensive look on CW part.

I don't think too much of the doll photo. It's definitely creepy now that we know something happened to those poor babies, but I can see kids doing that, especially little CeCe. To me, it looks like the doll is actually wrapped/rolled (not just covered up) in some kind of paper, maybe wrapping paper. It has folds in it like the folded sheets of wrapping paper you can buy. I can see a child laying a doll on a piece of wrapping paper and rolling it up and putting it on a sofa and saying it's sleeping. Kids do funny things like that.

One thing I saw posted and not sure if it’s been discussed is that CW liked a post on Twitter between 10:12pm and midnight. This makes me think he couldn’t have killed kids before Shanann got home unless he’s really cold blooded and can go about his day like that. It really makes me now think it all happened after SW got home. Though I do guess he went about his day the next day with no worry, so who knows now.

I don't think too much of the doll photo. It's definitely creepy now that we know something happened to those poor babies, but I can see kids doing that, especially little CeCe. To me, it looks like the doll is actually wrapped/rolled (not just covered up) in some kind of paper, maybe wrapping paper. It has folds in it like the folded sheets of wrapping paper you can buy. I can see a child laying a doll on a piece of wrapping paper and rolling it up and putting it on a sofa and saying it's sleeping. Kids do funny things like that.
Agree.

Just going over the time line.
CW backed his truck out of his driveway at 5:30am Aug 14.,
taking approximately a 40min drive, arriving at the oil work site around 6:10am to 6:15am.
Sunrise in this area was approximately 6:10am that morning , I believe it was a sunny warm
day. The sun starting to rise as he buried SW in a sallow grave, and putting each girl in separate oil vats.
Wondering what time CW started work that Monday? Did he have to report to someone
that morning?

I was visiting my mother, she lives Denver. I flew out to help her with her yard.
Being a hot summer, tons of yard work, and the soil was hard to work. I recall the Denver news
reporting SW, Belle and Celeste missing and police started searching. I thought that odd, thinking
she decided to leave him. I didn't follow what was happening much, been busy with finishing the lawn
work and packing up to fly home. Found out after I arrived home, what had happened. Was horrified
when I heard.
I am not convinced that he planned to put the girls in the tanks. IMO, he could have very well planned to put them all in the shallow grave, but with the ground being so hard and his time being so limited, ran out of time (and maybe energy) to dig the hole big/deep enough and put the girls in the tank out of perceived necessity.

Not an expert opinion---I think they will keep it under wraps until trial, and they may not even release all of it to the public then. In Colorado, you can keep an autopsy sealed if you can show that it is in the best interest of the public* to do so.

(* Some similar standard like that. You can find the specific language from google.)
Except it’s not in the best interest of the public not to know! It’s driving us crazy! I hope some media outlet hurries up and files something fast requesting that the autopy results become public!

One thing I saw posted and not sure if it’s been discussed is that CW liked a post on Twitter between 10:12pm and midnight. This makes me think he couldn’t have killed kids before Shanann got home unless he’s really cold blooded and can go about his day like that. It really makes me now think it all happened after SW got home. Though I do guess he went about his day the next day with no worry, so who knows now.
What was the post about? I hadn't heard that.

Hey All...I’m new here, have been reading for a few weeks! I got totally involved in this case after having done a multi- leg west coast trip which included flying from Phoenix to Denver on 08/04and going through Frederick/Longmont/ to a friends in Berthoud.... leaving the area back to the east coast on 08/06! When this story broke a week later; having just traveled the area.....it sucked me in because it was so horrific and because I could picture the area freshly in my mind.

Anyway, while I was waiting for the thread to open this morning, I was reading through the media thread and others and I saw a comment that said C.W. wanted to (follow through) with the separation. I don’t want to quote those words, since for the life of me, I can’t go back and find it. Has anyone ever seen where it is said he wanted to..follow through.... ?? .......TIA, You all are amazing in your sleuthing!! Kudos to all of you

"go through with the separation" <<< arrest affidavit

Except it’s not in the best interest of the public not to know! It’s driving us crazy! I hope some media outlet hurries up and files something fast requesting that the autopy results become public!
It would be helpful if we could read the autopsy report. I wonder how long it will take before this case actually goes to trial??
We only got closure from the Jodi Arias trial 7 years after she murdered TA.

Do we know what post she liked on twitter and what the time/date stamp was in between the hours of 10h12 and midnight?

AFAIK: It was said that Chris Watts is no longer working for Anadarko, but it is not clear when he left the company or if he was fired after his arrest. Hopefully one of our other WS's can clarify??

Tuesday August 14, I saw that he had been fired the previous Thursday. That made my mind go to bad thoughts. But then it was reported he was fired on Wednesday the 15th. I can not find the report regarding the week before firing.

I am not convinced that he planned to put the girls in the tanks. IMO, he could have very well planned to put them all in the shallow grave, but with the ground being so hard and his time being so limited, ran out of time (and maybe energy) to dig the hole big/deep enough and put the girls in the tank out of perceived necessity.
I’ve thought it may have been a passing thought he had when working out in those oil fields, “If I ever murder someone, I bet if I dumped their body in one of those tanks, they’d never be found.”

Re: the sheets are making me crazy! So LE entered on Monday am and said no sign of foul play on the sheets even tho they were on the floor and some were in the garbage and apparently one or more were missing?

I assume they were looking for blood and none was seen and they didn’t question why there was a pile on the floor and in the trash? Maybe they didn’t know at that point SW was OCD and no sheet would ever be on the floor? And they didn’t notice missing sheets to the sets?

I know a lot of people have really messy homes ... so a few piles don’t signify anything wrong but missing sheets may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214