Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know all the ins and outs of bankruptcy, but if the Watts declared bankruptcy in 2015, would they be able to amass a high credit card debt again, so quickly afterwards? Wouldn’t they have to deal in cash for awhile? Or pay exorbitant interest rates and only allowed extremely low credit limits? Does anyone know?

When I filed, in order to get my credit back up, I had to get a secured credit card. Then, a few small store cards with maybe $200 limit. It didn't take long to get my credit back in, but I was very determined.

Thank you. It’s been hard losing her and some of the post-crime character dissection afterward has almost been worse. i can honestly say in the time that I knew her I NEVER ONCE heard Shanann judge another person, speculate on anyone’s character or criticize others behind their back. She was all about encouraging people to be their best, and she was a positive energy in many lives imcluding mine. It warmed my heart to see how genuinely happy she was when one of her friends accomplished something. Job success, weight loss, relationship victories, adult graduations, new babies — she rooted for it all and celebrated when it happened.

She would never have dreamt of questioning someone’s life, motivation and character the way hers is being picked apart by total strangers. And she’s not even here to defend herself. It’s the main reason I decided to go through the effort to be a VI. Everything she valued is being questioned and she deserves to have somebody try to keep baseless rumors at bat. It’s what she would have done i a heartbeat for a friend if she were here.

Oh, dear!!! I am so sorry for your loss! I live about an hour away and because she was a friend of a friend, I have been following the case since the first FB posts when she and this children were missing. Thank you for sharing details and helping wrangle baseless rumors. Hugs to you and yours.

The doll just seems to be wrapped up rather neatly for a 3 and 4 year old to have done it, and it is laid so perfectly on the couch, it just seems to me that would have been pretty tough for them to have done, just on the sheer size of both the twister mat, and the doll. JMO The girls were tiny and looks like smaller than the doll, but definitely smaller than the twister mat.
Absolutely agree.

I’ve thought it may have been a passing thought he had when working out in those oil fields, “If I ever murder someone, I bet if I dumped their body in one of those tanks, they’d never be found.”
Good thought... i haven't considered that one. I have pondered why that particular place when he had to pass so many drilling sites to get to that one.

That was what I observed as well MyBelle.
Thanks Bluff, that link worked for me. I thought she was saying he was being not very helpful because she couldn't get that clicker thing to work properly and he wasn't suggesting any solutions. I thought she was just being flippant and light-hearted, not serious. That's just how it seemed to me...

gitana1, I re-read the affidavit and I read it to state that all the bedding was on the floor beside their bed and that the bed was completely "stripped". I read it to mean that everything was on the floor (albeit the fitted sheet would be later located in oil field) and the mattress was exposed. Then the following day when LE located the sheet in the field by use of a drone, that LE checked the kitchen garbage can and found the matching sheet and pillow cases. Does this mean that CW put the sheet and pillow cases that were on the floor beside their bed on the first day that LE came for wellness check and afterwards CW put the sheet and pillow cases in the kitchen garbage can. No one else could have done that. IMO.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

Also, can someone clarify who and how SW cell phone got discovered because in the affidavit it just says that it was located in the loft area behind two cushions. Who found it?

I've been struggling with the timeline on the arrest affidavit. :/

Oh dear me on the male Sephora comments. Lots of men are very into skin care, anti aging products, hair products that aren't just drug store brands. ( nothing wrong with drug store or upscale brands, I'm a Wal-Mart lady) Not all men go out full glam with loads of makeup , but some do. Our local Benefit makeup counter & brow bar has the most knowlegable , helpful and handsome young man representing their products. His makeup is an understated, more natural look. His eyebrows, eyeliner and eyelashes put everyone around him to shame.

Heck, facial hair styling and new hairstyles for men both require serious products that have good quality . Plus , Sephora will sample most any product they have. No need to waste $$ on what you don't like.

For the men who go full glam with winged eyeliner and mega brows- & hairuptothere---appreciation ! --- Rock it out!

Personally, my eye rolls about TB’s Sephora comments aren’t bc I poo-poo men who may choose to wear makeup. I roll my eyes bc the guy just doesn’t seem credible with such random claims. It’s like he’s just saying whatever seems to make sense to HIM (he wears a lot of makeup, so perhaps in his mind that would be something an AP would do for him so he goes with it.). I personally don’t believe CW was having gay affairs, but even if he was, I don’t think buying expensive Sephora make up is a very believable thing one would do for their AP in this case. TB just seems over the top to me. {Shrug}. We can all have our opinions on this- it’s a subjective response I suppose on how bizarre the Sephora comments were or were not to us.

How do we know her keys were in her car? And by in her car does that mean in the ignition?
bonjoviblonde, I don't see anything about keys in the car in the arrest affidavit about SW keys but it does state her phone, purse, wallet and medication were still in the home and if someone wanted to leave their home and spouse via their personal vehicle and take their children would they not think to bring those items with them. Unless they were so distraught perhaps not? I am going to try and find proof about the keys in the ignition if that was reported.

Thank you. It’s been hard losing her and some of the post-crime character dissection afterward has almost been worse. i can honestly say in the time that I knew her I NEVER ONCE heard Shanann judge another person, speculate on anyone’s character or criticize others behind their back. She was all about encouraging people to be their best, and she was a positive energy in many lives imcluding mine. It warmed my heart to see how genuinely happy she was when one of her friends accomplished something. Job success, weight loss, relationship victories, adult graduations, new babies — she rooted for it all and celebrated when it happened.

She would never have dreamt of questioning someone’s life, motivation and character the way hers is being picked apart by total strangers. And she’s not even here to defend herself. It’s the main reason I decided to go through the effort to be a VI. Everything she valued is being questioned and she deserves to have somebody try to keep baseless rumors at bat. It’s what she would have done in a heartbeat for a friend if she were here.
I'm glad she has someone like you sticking up for her! I'm also getting very sick of people trashing her reputation and personality! God bless you,
@Colorado303. Shan was fortunate to have you in her life.

He never called. Shanann’s friend called police after she went to the house and couldn’t make contact with Shanann. She believed that SW was home, as she could see her car.

LE ultimately beat C.W. to the house and conducted a preliminary search with his permission. The wheels really got moving when Shanann still hadn’t returned by 7AM the following morning.

Thanks. I'm asking after it was stated his family was missing. How many calls to find out if LE had any leads?

Love this post and really appreciate you hunting down the quotes. It’s not hard to imagine the kids doing this for any number of completely innocent reasons. No matter how it happened, it was a bit creepy when it was posted, but I think that’s what Shanann thought made it funny too. IF on the other hand CW did it to scare SW, I’m afraid he failed miserably. If he was still tracking SW’s posts her light-hearted response must have been a huge disappointment to him.
Do you mind if I ask what you mean by "still tracking"? did you have the impression that he was tracking her?

When I filed, in order to get my credit back up, I had to get a secured credit card. Then, a few small store cards with maybe $200 limit. It didn't take long to get my credit back in, but I was very determined.
Hypothetically, if you had a mind to, could you run your charge cards right back up to tens of thousands again? How long would it take?

I wonder if it was an assigned work site CW was supposed to vidit that day. Does anybody know? His company truck had GPS and if he had to dispose of the bodies during work hours, he may have picked the most remote, legitimate place he could be working at for the disposal.

The Warrantless Arrest Affidavit states (paraphrase) that on Monday, CW told LE he had left at 5:27 a.m. that morning to check on job site near Hudson.

JMO, I do think CW used his work truck to transport SW and the girls, and I also think he knew the truck had GPS that if push came to shove, LE could use the GPS to verify exactly where he'd been that morning.

JMO, I think this specific job site is somewhere CW was supposed to be that morning. It wasn't in Hudson, but about 17 miles away. I don't think he wanted LE to go to that site, yet, because he knew SW's shallow grave was going to point the finger at him, and I also think he may have realized he'd left the bed sheet behind at the site, so he just said "near Hudson" and I think he hoped it would end with that.

JMO, SW's friend (NUA) calling police for a well person check on early Monday afternoon screwed up many things for CW, and it also prevented him from being able to go back to the job site. The discoveries made by the drone at the job site on Wednesday is why LE were able to arrest CW, IMO.

All JMO

One thing I saw posted and not sure if it’s been discussed is that CW liked a post on Twitter between 10:12pm and midnight. This makes me think he couldn’t have killed kids before Shanann got home unless he’s really cold blooded and can go about his day like that. It really makes me now think it all happened after SW got home. Though I do guess he went about his day the next day with no worry, so who knows now.
That’s a good catch...should be passed on to the LE/DA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214