Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know that but why would a chicken of all things, be processed in a nut processing plant?
Are we still on the chicken drumstick/ice cream drumstick debate?
I've personally never heard of an ice cream drumstick, I assume it's a type of cone?
I can imagine there are instances of processed ready made chicken meals being made with nuts. But I can't imagine the same factory being used for separate processing.

Perhaps folks aren't getting the posts they want in response to requests because the requests seem to be framed a particular way asking for those who think CW is innocent of killing the girls to explain why.

However, unless I've missed it, nobody has actually stated they do think he's innocent, just that there is a reasonable amount of doubt.

There is a difference.

So perhaps requests are being made to... nobody... Hence nobody responding? Just a thought.

I have reasonable doubt, but it's because I haven't seen enough evidence to change that yet. So it's not that I have some kind of exculpatory evidence in mind, just that I don't think the evidence thus far proves he killed the girls.

Hope that helps.
There are two posters who have said that they believe Shanann killed the kids. Some, like you are undecided. And yes, there is a difference between the two.

Oh I have looked at many pictures, videos and comments, of which there are hundreds. One thing though, I have seen not ONE friend on all those posts that is not somehow related to a MLM business.

Our very own VI Colorado is a friend of SW's, socialized with her, speaks highly of her and wasn't involved in MLM

Are we still on the chicken drumstick/ice cream drumstick debate?
I've personally never heard of an ice cream drumstick, I assume it's a type of cone?
I can imagine there are instances of processed ready made chicken meals being made with nuts. But I can't imagine the same factory being used for separate processing.
Bojangles chicken.

@Amandaaa - do you think there's enough evidence that we have here on WS to convict CW for the murder of his 2 daughters? TIA
At risk of inserting myself into the middle of a barrage of angry posts... here’s my opinion:

As with pretty much anything in the legal world, it depends.

I do know that if I was taking this case to trial (with ONLY the facts we now have) I would *not* be totally confident he would be convicted of killing the girls. Of course, I’m sure they know much more than has been revealed to the public - postmortem findings, gps/electronic data, etc - so as additional facts are released, my opinion will absolutely change.

Further to the note on the door subject ~ below the metal latch you can see in the photo the note. Someone posted a better image but this was all I could find. Some say it was a Thrive note others thought it was a note to remind them to lock the door. I am thinking it is a Thrive note based on NU statement that the door was not as it normally was (Paraphrasing) and therefore we can assume they didn't use that latch regularly.
Feb 24th, 2018
Shanann Watts

no note Nov 2016
Shanann Watts
I believe the extra latch on the front door was for safety purposes—to make sure the girls couldn’t open the doors from the inside and leave the house without anyone knowing. It was up higher than the girls could reach.

We see many cases on here , tragic ones, where children are not taken to the doctor, and they suffer needlessly.

But in this case, we are hearing that she took her daughters in for too many appointments, too many consultations.

I would agree totally that Munchausen is a horrible malady and those children suffer horribly. But in the cases that I know of, the children were debilitated by their caretaker. They were in wheelchairs, or in bed for days, and unable to attend school etc, because they were so 'ill.'

I don't see anything at all like that here. Those operations for the ears are very very common. Allergies are very common. I see nothing suspicious about those medical treatments. The same with childhood asthma.

In my opinion, the girls were very healthy and active and happy. They were doing great.

I dont understand what the criticism and accusations are. She was too focused on her children health issues?

I agree 100%.

Excellent point! I have a friend who moved to CO recently and the horrific winds she reports, as well as the smoke from further west this summer... she had her home closed up with AC on to keep it all out.
I've been doing the same, even though I would prefer opening the windows at night. We had quite a bit of smoke here not long ago, as well. We are in NE Colorado, and the wind can be wild out here.

Do you think she was trying to flatter him to keep him as a housekeeper?
I've never had a career, a pregnancy, some serious illnesses, 2 toddlers and a big house to take care of all at once, so I don't know what she would expect him to do to help out, I hope he would help out a lot. We did see him with that giant lawn mower working away on the tiny lawn.

Last edited:
I live in a new build in Colorado, and I have to say I only hear dog barking (if they are outside), and the horn of the nightly freight train (about a mile away, and it is not loud). As far as anyone having open windows at night, my development is still under construction, and open windows at night can be problematic in the summer. Dust/sand blowing in due to wind, and unexpected storms during the night.(We've had several since we've been here). I have yet to hear anything from the inside of another's home in the 7 months we've lived here. So, I think it's very possible that an argument would not be heard by neighbors in the wee hours of the morning. moo

Very interesting thankyou Kathryn. Have often puzzled why no neighbour seemed to witness noises ( eg a fight) despite that 4am(?) neighbour mentioning doh howl ( maybe in the garage so less sound protected? I have no idea on latter, just throwing that in. )

Because that's what the affidavit says, that he told the police he would tell the "truth" if he could speak privately with his father. And, he had already spoken privately with his father on the ride back from the airport, previously. And, one of the VIs said he did have those 2 meetings with this father.

I agree, with your post.
I was saying, why not tell the truth after first meeting with his father,
if CW tells his father the truth. So he lied, at first meeting.

When she posted nice things about him none of that was true, she was trying to keep him as a husband and flattering him. But, when she said he did a lot of house work, that part WAS true and not just flattering him.
Thanks pommy mommy! Or mommy pommy! One thing I want to ask if anyone knows, how did deleting his FB keep her from posting flattering things? Was she posting them to him directly or just in general? I'm not sure I understand the whole FB thing. Before that did they both post nice things to each other? I don't understand how that would make her stop. How many months/ days before the murder did he delete his account? Was she angry because he deleted it, and that's why she stopped? Does anybody know? Sorry for all the questions but as you can see I am very curious about this. Thank you in advance for whatever opinions or facts you can give.

I agree, with your post.
I was saying, why not tell the truth after first meeting with his father,
if CW tells his father the truth. So he lied, at first meeting.
He didn’t tell the truth to his father because he wasn’t backed into a corner yet. He likely still believed that he could get away with this.

Ironically, I don’t think he told his father the truth the second time they spoke either.

The truth apparently proves elusive for this guy.

Last edited:
Ha!! I should have known better and actually thought about you, that said I know you have a life outside WS and I did not want to ask. Sorry, I should have checked. And duh on me that you already did it. Kudos for the volunteer time and effort, I thank you!
Goodness, no need to apologize. No worries, at all! :p

Very interesting thankyou Kathryn. Have often puzzled why no neighbour seemed to witness noises ( eg a fight) despite that 4am(?) neighbour mentioning doh howl ( maybe in the garage so less sound protected? I have no idea on latter, just throwing that in. )
I would say sound (of a barking or howling dog) might be noticed, but again I've only experienced hearing that when I was outside of my house.

Yes, he did tell police he initiated the conversation and he wanted the separation. I've always wondered why he did this. He also made sure to mention it to her friend when he spoke to her. There must be a reason for this. Usually when a husband murders his wife he does not admit to any argument or bring up the idea of separation. Maybe he was setting the stage to suggest SW went into a rage, or somehow lost her mind as a result, and killed the children? Seems too obvious to be true.

It appears the first person told the separation story to was NUA. I've wondered if he told her this in an attempt to get NUA to back off and have her think that perhaps SW had just taken the girls for a long walk, to cool off?

IDK, but he then repeats this to LE, maybe because he had to, because he told NUA this? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asa_Lange