Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watts says, "Yeah, 'cause like, Bella was going to start kindergarten, next, next Monday."

WAS.

The faces of grief don't lie. Especially the face of the man who should have loved them all, at least the children, more than anyone.

Attachments

• family.jpg
    family.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 81
  • family2.jpg
    family2.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 80
  • shanann-watts-murder-ht-mem-180820_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg
    shanann-watts-murder-ht-mem-180820_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 88
  • thayers2.jpg
    thayers2.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 83
  • chrs.png
    chrs.png
    600.5 KB · Views: 67
I believe the extra latch on the front door was for safety purposes—to make sure the girls couldn’t open the doors from the inside and leave the house without anyone knowing. It was up higher than the girls could reach.
Thank you Colorado303, I am just wondering why NU would say in interview that the front door was not as it normally was meaning the latch was across the front door from the inside. That makes me think the latch was not regularly engaged. What are impressions? Thank you Colorado.

The body disposal is absolutely evidence that he murdered his children. In fact, it is incredibly compelling circumstantial evidence of this. “Consciousness of guilt” is evidence of guilt.
I agree because I would have called 911 while getting my spouse away from the child she was supposedly choking/strangling.
It does not hold up under scrutiny IMO.

“In voir dire lawyers for each side question the potential jurors about their biases and backgrounds, as well as any pre-existing knowledge they might have about the case. The attorneys can also ask questions designed to uncover characteristics or experiences that might cause potential jurors to favor either the prosecution or the defense.”

This is why we, the posters on WS, have differences of opinion. Our life experiences play a huge role in how we see things. From my life experiences, I see CW as a helpful husband, with chores and with the kids. I see SW as bossy and condescending. So much is said about how SW could have flown even greater heights if she’d had a better husband. I had a husband who didn’t change a single diaper, wash a single dish or even mow the grass. I not only worked but I did everything else. I look back and don’t know how I managed it all. He would just go to the basement and drink and think of ways to make my life even more hellish with his put downs, silent treatments, etc. I have been on the receiving end of snarky comments and those I got were private. I can’t imagine if he had talked to me that way publicly. None of what I did was appreciated. Let’s pretend for a moment that all my husband did was not appreciate me. That alone gave me a deep sadness. I did not feel valued. I was overworked and we (the children and I) walked on eggshells. I left for my sanity. I would have loved having a helpful husband. With the Watts, there are tons of videos that in my opinion show him as great with the kids and helping around the house. Heck, she would even take off on trips and leave the girls with him. For SW it seemed to me to be all about her, Thrive, her friends, having a certain lifestyle (not just projecting one) and Social Media. That’s a lot of fluff with no substance. And when somebody’s ego constantly gets trampled in public & they feel devalued, they are ripe for an affair. I know SW is a victim. Of course she’s a victim. The children are beyond innocent victims. But I would guess that living far beyond their means, another baby on the way they can’t afford, living a life for Social Media with every move filmed, and feeling belittled made this man a pressure cooker ready to explode. I’m going to take a note from @Tippy Lynn and state imo, jmo and moo!

I don’t know about you, but I’m not going to keep doing this (round and round) for another year and a half or so, with probably nothing new, until the trial starts. I can only, sanely, discuss tanks and sheets and patches and affair partners and social media posts and what if’s for so long. Way too much drama. It’s exhausting. Frankly, I’m starting to not care anymore about any of this. He killed them. They're buried. He’ll never be free again. Good enough for me.

MsBetsy said:
I would imagine she might not want him to as she seemed to be so particular about the way she kept her house. The only reason I say that is because I have friends who are like that (one says she has OCD) even though I think she is joking, but she doesn't allow anyone else to do the housework because she says they won't do it right!

She taught him well.

NU stated in news interview that SW was OCD.

Tree Nut Allergy | Food Allergy Research & Education
It’s in this list as well as others I would think not worth the risk

At age 35 I became seriously allergic to shellfish.

Since I’ve accidently eaten imitation crab, less than a spoonful of macaroni salad with lobster. And a crowded with clams. Each time the emergency room bill was over 4K. The reaction is immediate and anaphylaxis starts. I carry an epipen and use it immediately. I love shrimp and lobster. And it started suddenly and no warning. I had been eating shrimp almost every Friday until the first reaction.

Food and other allergies can get serious very fast.

Last edited:
At risk of inserting myself into the middle of a barrage of angry posts... here’s my opinion:

As with pretty much anything in the legal world, it depends.

I do know that if I was taking this case to trial (with ONLY the facts we now have) I would *not* be totally confident he would be convicted of killing the girls. Of course, I’m sure they know much more than has been revealed to the public - postmortem findings, gps/electronic data, etc - so as additional facts are released, my opinion will absolutely change.

Thanks for this!

For myself, here on WS, I am saying he did it all. But if this were the trial and I was on the jury, I could not convict UNLESS there was more presented. And I am SURE that at the trial, many many more facts will be presented. We just have a few!

Not going to argue or reply to any particular poster, but in my own opinion, selfish is killing your wife who is pregnant with your child.
Even if I caught her killing the other 2, I would think about that life, and I wouldn't have to kill her to stop her.
Wow just wow...I'm pretty sure he had the upper-arm strength advantage to defend himself from her. Dangit.
jmo

I am curious as to why people think CW deleted his FB account. SW built her (their) business via SM. He obviously supported her in this venture -perhaps not with passion like hers, but he did participate. Deleting his FB account speaks volumes for someone who earns income on SM , or even just supports their spouse in their income producing activities on SM. Was he tired of their lives being on constant "display" (maybe because what was on SM didn't jive with "real life"), trying to hide family info from the AP, trying to dodge criticism on SM if the affair or separation became public knowledge?
I think the last two may definitely have something to do with it. I also wonder if he was really being honest about his claim that he was asking for a separation and SW refused to believe it. If he made it known to her that he was serious I would think she would have confided with someone about her feelings and worries. We have heard that she suspected the affair, but why wouldn't she also mention the topic of separation to her friend ( NU something, I forgot) I just wonder how much he really discussed it with her. Maybe he mentioned it before she went away for 5 weeks. It will be very interesting if we ever see that communication in that time. I've even wondered if he were telling her one story and telling everyone else he wanted to separate, and she was basically in the dark. Jmo

Thanks for this!

For myself, here on WS, I am saying he did it all. But if this were the trial and I was on the jury, I could not convict UNLESS there was more presented. And I am SURE that at the trial, many many more facts will be presented. We just have a few!
You’re right. We aren’t privy to the interrogation footage, text messages, computer searches, video footage, physical evidence, witness statements, or any other evidence that is in the hands of LE. When all is said and done, I think the prosecution will have more than they need.

I hope they go for the death penalty, so he feels compelled to plea. The family has suffered enough.

With all those doctor's visits, you don't think she had her tested?
Actually the warning label on the bar says not safe for tree nut allergy I would think that would scare her as well. But considering she wore the patch while pregnant maybe she felt all the products were safe . Not sure . My husband is a pediatrician and he said he would not reccomend the patch while pregnant or nursing nor the energy bars for children . But we are primarily organic bc additives are dangerous as well . Maybe I’m just too cautious about things like that .

And why do you think the children's medical records and presumably health histories will become evidence? The children didn't kill anybody.
Because one of their parents killed them and the one taking them to multiple doctors and flying off the handle because MIL gave a child an ice cream treat is the one CW has accused of killing them. Pretty simple logic, really. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member