Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh don't get me wrong, SW's brother definitely said CW had confessed to murdering them all. I don't know if he got that direct from LE or heard it in the media. My point was that the LE sources were unnamed in the initial reports so we don't have it on the record that he confessed to all three. I honestly don't know what really happened.
Maybe since he seems like such an honest guy we should just assume he never admitted to it. Jmo

What are her lies?

Supposedly when she talked on social media about how wonderful her marriage was.

But we don't have any concrete evidence that she felt otherwise. All we have is info from her friend that he had become distant and she worked he might be having an affair but didn't think it likely.

So we don't have proof she was a liar.

The turnaround is shocking.
I've been afraid to say that I'm going to base my opinion based on what is logical to me. I don't care if SW was bossy or controlling or fake or a hypochondriac. IMO CW put either his hands or another type of ligature around her neck and strangled her because he was seething deep down and he hated her.

Sorry if these have already been posted (very behind on here), but new motions and responses are now available online:

Colorado Judicial Branch

What do you think about him refusing to give palm prints etc...? No doubt the defense will try to spin it, but it seems like he'd be happy to comply to prove his innocence.

I'm sorry, did you say you don't know of a better place than a barrel of oil to dispose of your children's bodies? Do you mean in terms of a good hiding place or do you mean sentimentally? Do you think it might have been offensive to the people who had to pull them out, and the people who likely spent hours cleaning those little bodies? Not sure what you mean by not offensive.
I will try to explain what I mean. The offensive part to me is the fact that the children were murdered. Following death, the soul was no longer present, and would not feel anything. So, i dont understand why an oil tank is more heinous than any other burial location. Am i missing something? As I said, after living around the oil fields for so many years, I dont understand why so many think the oil tank is more heinous than say a shallow grave. But, be clear, I am not trying to justify what happened. Just trying to understand! So much of what I have read is totally baffling! I hesitate to even ask!

They can both be true. If I was concerned and wasn't allowed to talk to my kids or excuses were made and I didn't get to speak to them, I couldn't wait to get home either. Even if I was worried.

But I sure wouldn't express strange concerns like that on a public FB. Would you?

No, I wouldn’t.

If I were THAT worried, I’d call the police.

I inferred from that FB post: “I can’t wait to hug my husband and kids” and NOT “Gee, I hope my husband didn’t strangle my kids”.

If I needed a character witness, who would I choose? WWYC?

A) a person who everyone seemed to love, one
who posted how much she loved her husband, family, friends. Who was loyal to her family, friends, business endeavors.
or
B) a known liar, confessed cheater, confessed killer, who attempted to destroy all evidence of the murders and who tried to deny his wife and chidren the ability to be buried in consecrated ground of a Catholic cemetery. (I could go on)

Hmmm yea, it seems obvious.

Seriously, CW lied his tail off to everyone. And now Shannan is being called a liar? Wth is going on here with ripping a murdered woman apart like this!!??

CW IS THE CLEAR LIAR HERE. NOT SHANANN.

@Seattle1
I believe evidence exists that CW purchased house prior to "wedding" direct from builder in Nov 2012 (perm fha financing in 2013). Was there a civil ceremony in 2010 as SM also indicates wedding late 2012?.
Oh crud, I'm sorry. They met in 2010, married in 2012 and I was using the property assessor's date for the home purchase (2013).

I will try to explain what I mean. The offensive part to me is the fact that the children were murdered. Following death, the soul was no longer present, and would not feel anything. So, i dont understand why an oil tank is more heinous than any other burial location. Am i missing something? As I said, after living around the oil fields for so many years, I dont understand why so many think the oil tank is more heinous than say a shallow grave. But, be clear, I am not trying to justify what happened. Just trying to understand! So much of what I have read is totally baffling! I hesitate to even ask!
Because bodies should be treated with respect, not thrown in crude oil. I grew up with fishing trawlers, but I certainly would not want my child's remains thrown in the hold of a fishing boat and I loved boats.

Do we know if he has a hotshot defense lawyer/team or is he using a court-appointed PD? For our attorneys: Do attorneys want to take on cases like this pro bono to make a name for themselves? I recall SP had Mark Geragos (who lost) and I don't know if his parents paid to hire MG as they thought he'd be good or if MG volunteered to take the case pro bono because of all the publicity?

Because bodies should be treated with respect, not thrown in crude oil. I grew up with fishing trawlers, but I certainly would not want my child's remains thrown in the hold of a fishing boat and I loved boats.
I’m at work but making a note to bring back mtnlites very important post.

ETA:

“mtnlites said: ↑
We cremated our child. First we had a visitation and open casket viewing so that friends and family could say goodbye. Then there was a funeral service at which time songs that I painstakingly chose were performed and many people stood and shared stories about him. After he was cremated by a professional, his ashes were gently and lovingly placed into a type of vase that I picked out. Rather than holding onto them, we chose to bury the vase in a family cemetery where he is surrounded by loved ones. His headstone includes his entire name, birth and death dates, and a teddy bear. It is clearly marked so that his loved ones can visit and pay their respects whenever they wish.

How is any of that even comparable to tossing your children's bodies into separate oil tanks and lying about it?

I get that people enjoy playing devil's advocates because it's fun, and sometimes helpful, to look at a situation from all angles. For those of us who have lost children, however, claiming that our way of lovingly and carefully laying our children to rest is in any way comparable to what happened to Bella and Cece borders on cruel. Look at the crime from all angles, speculate as much as you want, analyze videos and Facebook posts but please don't make a mockery of these children's deaths because the way in which their bodies were handled was anything but loving or respectful. And please don't disrespect the death of my child (or anyone elses) by insinuating that our choices were in any way comparable to how Bella and Cece's little bodies were treated.

I really want to be respectful of other people's views, mainly because I have certainly been on that other side before here on WS. But there is having different views and then there is arguing for the sake of being different.”

My husband worked in the oilfield for 35 years. His jobs varied from time to time, but at one time, he was a field operator -:which is the same position that CW had. As far as what happens to a decomposing body inside of an oil tank filled with crude oil, I cannot say. However, you mentioned oil field workers found dead outside of oil tanks. Death in this case was more than likely caused by some type of poisonous gas accumulation such as hydrogen sulfide gas. Oilfield workers that are working in the fields where hydrogen sulfide gas exists, usually wear a Scott's air pack. These days, I am sure there are very few deaths attributed to gas inhalation. Most oil companies have safety departments that are dedicated to educating oil field employees about known hazards. Oil companies do not want an incident of any kind to be reported to OSHA. This has nothing to do with this case really. Just addressing oil field workers that were found dead outside of an oil tank. However, one thing I have read repeatedly on these threads and also many other discussion boards, the fact that so many find it so heinous, that CW placed his children's remains inside of a tank of oil. As opposed to what? I dont really know of a better place. The children were dead, or I assume that. I haven't seen anything else that indicates otherwise. I guess because the oil fields of West Texas supported our family for many years, I dont find that offensive, say compared to burial in a shallow grave. Decomposition, regardless of where it takes place is not pretty! All of this is of course is MO.

Thank you for your reply. Most folks feel that, if the kids had to be killed, they deserved funerals and more mainstream arrangements (burial in cemetery, cremation) rather than anonymous, unknown disposal in tanks of crude oil. All just my opinion, though.

You are missing something about the majority of people not sharing your beliefs and opinions. Look at how much is done to care for a person’s body after death, and the sort of places most people chose - mantels in a home, marble memorials, peaceful cemeteries that look like gardens. The oil tank is dirty, gross, disrespectful, and add in the hope evidence would be destroyed and loved ones might never know what happened to the girls. Most people would be mortified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member