Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to explain what I mean. The offensive part to me is the fact that the children were murdered. Following death, the soul was no longer present, and would not feel anything. So, i dont understand why an oil tank is more heinous than any other burial location. Am i missing something? As I said, after living around the oil fields for so many years, I dont understand why so many think the oil tank is more heinous than say a shallow grave. But, be clear, I am not trying to justify what happened. Just trying to understand! So much of what I have read is totally baffling! I hesitate to even ask!

I do understand where you're coming from but for me it just seems so much worse than burying them. I guess it seems the same as throwing them in a dumpster like they are trash (which happened a few weeks ago locally) or putting them in a trash bag and leaving them in a swampy area like Casey Anthony did to poor Caylee. It's like they are nothing and not the children that you supposedly loved and raised all of those years. Opening what we think was a small hatch and just dropping your children down into it is disgusting and reeks of "oh I need to put these kids somewhere they will never ever be found so i won't get caught." Even in a panic (which I still don't believe), it just seems so cruel to me and how he could have done that and then the next day looked and acted so normal. I know people are tired of hearing "crude oil" and the oil is certainly not the only thing that makes me believe he's guilty of all 3 murders, however IMO it does make it even sadder and more depraved. I can't help but see it that way.

No it doesn’t, you’re right. I’ve accidentally taken too much and it has the opposite effect, to include restless leg. In the right dose, in most children, I do think it would knock them out though.
Just to mention that magnesium is good as a sleep aid AND it helps with restless leg syndrome as well. RLS has driven me nuts in the past at night (my legs feel so hot and weird) and if I take some magnesium from Whole Foods it helps my legs.

Definitely plausible. When I joined the Marines, my parents took my dog. I went home to visit, and was perplexed why she wouldn’t eat some of the treats that I knew she loved. It turned out that my mom was putting Benadryl in her treats, to calm her down when my parents had guests over. So it doesn’t just work in kids!

Of course right now, we don’t know if this was premeditated, or if the kids were drugged at all. I point this out so it doesn’t become “fact.” It is pure speculation.

Ha! My vet has recommend Benadryl for several things but not that!

Yes, thank you. Definitely all speculation at this time. That’s important to remember.

I will try to explain what I mean. The offensive part to me is the fact that the children were murdered. Following death, the soul was no longer present, and would not feel anything. So, i dont understand why an oil tank is more heinous than any other burial location. Am i missing something? As I said, after living around the oil fields for so many years, I dont understand why so many think the oil tank is more heinous than say a shallow grave. But, be clear, I am not trying to justify what happened. Just trying to understand! So much of what I have read is totally baffling! I hesitate to even ask!
Oh, ok. I think I can explain. I think it may be a part of our culture to handle a body with respect and care. Even although the soul has left the body, it is still looked at as representing the living person it once was. It is more for the family and loved ones, imo. When an undertaker comes to retrieve a body, the head is covered to maintain the dignity of the person that has died. In the morgue, the body is cleaned meticulously depending on the wishes of that individual, and whether or not there is an open casket, etc. Ashes are spread in places that were special to that person. The way a body is handled is often in a similar manner to if it were living. If you think of a body as a "symbol" for the soul that once occupied it, it might be easier to understand. I'm really not sure I know how else to explain it. Hope that helps.

I do understand where you're coming from but for me it just seems so much worse than burying them. I guess it seems the same as throwing them in a dumpster like they are trash (which happened a few weeks ago locally) or putting them in a trash bag and leaving them in a swampy area like Casey Anthony did to poor Caylee. It's like they are nothing and not the children that you supposedly loved and raised all of those years. Opening what we think was a small hatch and just dropping your children down into it is disgusting and reeks of "oh I need to put these kids somewhere they will never ever be found so i won't get caught." Even in a panic (which I still don't believe), it just seems so cruel to me and how he could have done that and then the next day looked and acted so normal. I know people are tired of hearing "crude oil" and the oil is certainly not the only thing that makes me believe he's guilty of all 3 murders, however IMO it does make it even sadder and more depraved. I can't help but see it that way.
So disgusting. Not even a permanent burial. Some day, some family guy with his own kids finds little bones in the oil, skulls filled with crude, maybe a remnant of a bunny blanket. But maybe CW would have got away with it for a few more years with his new gal.

Last edited:
“How we treat the dead is a mark of how we regard the living”

I don’t know where that quote comes from but it is true in every society going back in time. There are rituals and practices which are very important, in my mind, mostly for the survivors. After being involved in and planning many funerals and seeing the expense, family drama, etc, I’ve told my loved ones to throw me in a ditch & go on a nice trip together instead but I know that won’t happen. It won’t happen because they love me and it will be important to THEM to treat me with love, respect and the value they placed on my life. It would also be important to other people to pay their respects. He tried to take that away from their family and friends. That is cruel in and of itself.

I remember my father flushing my first dead goldfish down the toilet. I was hysterically crying - just traumatized. That was because I loved and valued the life of my friend - even though it may have only been a few months. I’ve always buried or cremated every pet I’ve ever had, no matter how small or how short a time I’ve had them. I could never throw them away like trash. I feel like how I treat the vessel that carried them through life, the physical being of those I’ve loved is worthy of a traditional, respectful send off.
That's so true. When our beloved pets have died we always wrapped them in a blanket with their favorite toys and buried them under our lilac tree. Death rituals have a sacred place in ALL cultures and societies. Disposing of the bodies of murdered toddlers in such a way is sickening.

Hey there bestie! It is gross. It's the stuff of nightmares. It doesn't prove him guilty of killing the girls. I've wondered if perhaps it was a sorry if symbolic burial in a place he associated with beauty, with all the wild flowers. Like he thought he was protecting then maybe.

Regardless of where, the fact he didn't put the girls with their mom is interesting to me. I think that was very purposeful.

For the millionth time, I'll add my disclaimer, which should be obvious but isn't, that of course Shanann and the girls deserved a proper burial--well, they deserved long lives, but you know what I'm saying. He should have made better choices.

I'm still withholding judgement for the girls' deaths, though, as I need more evidence--I think it's more likely than not that cw killed them all, but I currently have reasonable doubt with the girls. Obviously subject to change with additional facts and evidence.

And many of you know my own child was violently killed, so yeah it's not like I don't understand or deeply appreciate the need to lay loved ones to rest.

I doubt we'll ever really know but I'd really like to know his thought process with the "disposal."

Great post, but most importantly, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your child. Nobody should have to lose a child. Hugs to you!

I’m sharing this video again for y’all that missed it. Nowhere in his speech does he mention when it deteriorates you should kill your family.

Six years before being accused of murdering his pregnant wife and children, Chris Watts made a video of himself giving a presentation about saving relationships.

Watts, now 33, posted a nine-minute video titled “Relationship Deterioration and Repair” on his YouTube page in April 2012. He explained in the caption that the PowerPoint slideshow was created for a communications class he was taking at the time.

Oh, ok. I think I can explain. I think it may be a part of our culture to handle a body with respect and care. Even although the soul has left the body, it is still looked at as representing the living person it once was. It is more for the family and loved ones, imo. When an undertaker comes to retrieve a body, the head is covered to maintain the dignity of the person that has died. In the
Oh, ok. I think I can explain. I think it may be a part of our culture to handle a body with respect and care. Even although the soul has left the body, it is still looked at as representing the living person it once was. It is more for the family and loved ones, imo. When an undertaker comes to retrieve a body, the head is covered to maintain the dignity of the person that has died. In the morgue, the body is cleaned meticulously depending on the wishes of that individual, and whether or not there is an open casket, etc. Ashes are spread in places that were special to that person. The way a body is handled is often in a similar manner to if it were living. If you think of a body as a "symbol" for the soul that once occupied it, it might be easier to understand. I'm really not sure I know how else to explain it. Hope that helps.

morgue, the body is cleaned meticulously depending on the wishes of that individual, and whether or not there is an open casket, etc. Ashes are spread in places that were special to that person. The way a body is handled is often in a similar manner to if it were living. If you think of a body as a "symbol" for the soul that once occupied it, it might be easier to understand. I'm really not sure I know how else to explain it. Hope that helps.

I agree. Most cultures have a tradition around respectful disposal of deceased loved ones. I know there are some culture that believe you can’t be at piece if your whole body isn’t buried, and others that believe you can’t go to heaven (or the equivalent) if a proper burial isn’t conducted within a certain time frame. Based on our Western cultural norms, it seems that CW treated his girls’ bodies not with respect, but rather like trash. Some killers even wrap the body in a blanket before disposal as a sign of remorse. I think CW throwing the girls in the tanks matters a lot, though I know there are others who disagree. JMO.

A former roommate (NASCAR??) of CW's just gave an interview on AB.

Roomy says that CW was a perfectionist.

FWIW, I find it interesting that CW married a fellow perfectionist.

Articulate interview. I recommend watching it on the replay of AB.

And she's not getting anything new out of him...... same CW that has been spoken about.... if not squeaker clean & high achieving academic wise!
After that, the roommate makes me think of my old roommate. She was anorexic and super high achiever and had no life outside of school and work. She was also Asbergers/borderline autistic. And the roomie said his interviews were just like how he always acts, doesn't show much emotion ever. I worked with autistic kids for my MA. He seems to have many qualities: no emotion, hard worker/high achiever, not many friends etc. Edit: Anyway a lot of us are on the spectrum in some way, doesn't mean that has anything to do with murder, more his personal relationships.

I’ll try to answer:

When LE find dead bodies, they can often take clues from the body as to who the killer might be. For example, if a body is found buried with a blanket nicely wrapped around them, that might be a clue that person who put them there had some kind of love (“love”) for them.

A body found half naked in a dumpster bin is more likely to have been killed by a stranger with no connection to the victim.

A very simplified explanation, but what I’m trying to say is disposal of the bodies can somewhat be seen as an indication of how the killer who put them there felt about them.

We bury or otherwise treat our loved ones with care and respect when they die. We hold a funeral, we choose a casket or an urn, we pick flowers, their clothes, items for them to be buried with. We might say prayers. In our society, human remains are treated with respect. We don’t just take them to the local refuse station and dump them in and say “oh well, they’re dead anyway”.

If he had buried them with their blankies, it might have shown he had some care and love still left in him despite what he did. Instead, he dumped them in vats of oil. It’s dirty and gross and almost impossible to wash off.

It comes of as very offensive to most of us who consider that human remains should be treated with respect.

For me, it says concealment was his number one goal.
I understand what you are saying about defiling a body and treating a body with respect. I get it! But here is what I dont get! You have a person, that has just strangled the life out of a woman that he supposedly loved. Probably did the same with the children - that is yet to be decided! But in the court of opinion he is guilty! So why do you expect a person that has just committed premeditated murder of at least one person, to care how he disposes of the bodies? He was trying to find a place to conceal what he had done! He needed to do it quickly. What better place than the oil field that he was quite familiar with. He knew it was a remote location, he had access to it, so he did it! IMO, he had not given a lot of thought to this part of his plan. If this is truly premeditated and not done in a rage!

“You think you know someone, but you really don’t.” -Chris Watts’ college roommate on AB.

He basically said that he didn’t see anything concerning while in college. He said that C.W. was quiet and reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme