Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AB 9/19/18

2. Did SW.’s friends & family ever suspect that C.W. wasn’t quite right? I just can’t imagine there weren’t any signs that this man was a whack job! Richard Hodges, former roommate said he was a great guy. Steve Helling asks why did NU call police so quickly? She must have assumed something was wrong.

It is very strange. I just remember the situation that happened many years ago and that I obviously successfully buried in my memory. (Proving that people can bury unpleasant memories).

Many years ago, in another part of the world, I had a friend who later switched schools and then I lost touch with her. Periodically, I heard about her, her parents were very famous people, each in own way, who divorced when she was 8 or 9, so she was raised by her mother. Her mother adored her only, very late, child. Then the mother died.

It so happened that the day before the funerals, no one could host this ex-friend of mine. Her dad had another family, I don't know about other friends. My mom volunteered. We had not seen her for years.

We were both about 18 at that time. It was a great summer day. And during the whole day, the ex-friend acted as if nothing had happened. She told me about her boyfriends, her life, her school, was joking, we went swimming, in fact, we had wonderful time.

When she left, my parents were shocked by her lack of emotions. I tried to normalize her behavior, mentioning that her mother used to be a "strange" woman. My mom retorted, "Oh, come on, she might have been strange, but she adored her only child".

Now looking back at this, this girl's behavior was the exact replica of CW during the interview and maybe, with the Thayers (asking for pizza, etc).

My long-forgotten ex-friend was absolutely normal, as far as I remember. She had no autistic traits, I am sure of this. Coming from artistic family, she could have been slightly moody (just my assumption), but even of this I am not sure, because all I observed was an average person who behaved adequatly - in any other situation.

Looking back, I explain her behavior by the facts that: 1) financially, nothing changed in her life and 2) she had zero feelings towards her mother. How can someone be raised with neither love, nor hatred, towards the closest person, I don't know. But this is what happened. And this context, her mother's death was less important than her next date that was at least bound to generate some pleasant emotions.

From what I know, later that woman had a normal life, married, had a child, had some issues in marriage... well, like everyone else does. But nothing extraordinary happened to her. And she never did anything extraordinary.

I think in this light, CW is quite right. But either he is simply uncapable of love and all his relations are mostly sexual in nature, or maybe he is able to have these feelings, but not to his ex-wife or kids. Perhaps with SW, he was pretending all the time, going through the motions, doing and saying what other people say or do.

Suicide watch usually is padded wall to wall and they go without clothes so they can’t harm themselves. I have a feeling he’s just in solitary and not on suicide watch. I know people in jail and they always refrain from using the “suicide” word or something that might lead officers to think they want to die because according to inmates suicide watch is absolutely the worst.

I’m sure once CW get a regular cell alone or with a cellmate and starts receiving his commissary, inmate fan mail, magazines, books, quarterly packages, getting some yard and workout time, TV his demeanor will be much more Cheerful.
Could someone explain why CW does not have those privileges at this point in time? I don't know the penal system and how and why things are done the way they are. TIA

No, very true. But whose to say that no matter WHO wanted to separate, one or the other initiated sex, maybe the other didnt want to, maybe or maybe not forced, and in anger n frustration, he strangled her. Another poster or 2 said they didnt believe Shanann would like(mock) strangling; that, or its not something u do with ur wife(but more exciting with a virtual stranger). I disagree. If someone likes to be 'strangled' during sex, why not a "wife"? I would presume there would be trust between spouses and usually no fear of being harmed. It can be enjoyed for what it is, a sexual kink, lol.
Anyway, hi folks! I been trying to catch up on this thread for awhile and admit i had to roll n scroll at times.
Anyway, it seems i made an error creating a username on here. Hey, everyone, this is my whole name!! Lol, im trying to see if i can fix. No options in my profile settings so im trying thru admin.
I used to be on here 5+years ago. At some point i forgot my password and username and was unable to get back on to post. I think the last couple of cases i followed here were Lauren Spierer and Holly Bobo. And i also go thru a couple cold cases i.e. Maura Murray and Jodi Huisentruit.
Anyway, it good to be back, hopefully i will be soon conversing with u all under some simpler and less obvious username.
I used to live in CO and was there when Jon Benet Ramsey died, another haunting, obsessive case.
Colorado is a great place to live. I miss it terribly!
This case has gotten under my skin and brought me back here after being in an FB group about this case. Man, there are some real trolls over there, including admin. Very depressing. It made me remember and admire the overall integrity of WS.

HELLO ALL!

Welome back - it's good to have you here with us.

No, very true. But whose to say that no matter WHO wanted to separate, one or the other initiated sex, maybe the other didnt want to, maybe or maybe not forced, and in anger n frustration, he strangled her. Another poster or 2 said they didnt believe Shanann would like(mock) strangling; that, or its not something u do with ur wife(but more exciting with a virtual stranger). I disagree. If someone likes to be 'strangled' during sex, why not a "wife"? I would presume there would be trust between spouses and usually no fear of being harmed. It can be enjoyed for what it is, a sexual kink, lol.
Anyway, hi folks! I been trying to catch up on this thread for awhile and admit i had to roll n scroll at times.
Anyway, it seems i made an error creating a username on here. Hey, everyone, this is my whole name!! Lol, im trying to see if i can fix. No options in my profile settings so im trying thru admin.
I used to be on here 5+years ago. At some point i forgot my password and username and was unable to get back on to post. I think the last couple of cases i followed here were Lauren Spierer and Holly Bobo. And i also go thru a couple cold cases i.e. Maura Murray and Jodi Huisentruit.
Anyway, it good to be back, hopefully i will be soon conversing with u all under some simpler and less obvious username.
I used to live in CO and was there when Jon Benet Ramsey died, another haunting, obsessive case.
This case has gotten under my skin and brought me back here after being in an FB group about this case. Man, there are some real trolls over there, including admin. Very depressing. It made me remember and admire the overall integrity of WS.

HELLO ALL!
:) Welcome back, @Rachel Brower ! :)

Could it have anything to do with giving him a fair trial at all? To avoid a mistrial perhaps? I mean I don't know the legal system or anything that's why I am asking.
IANAL, but I think it's because they don't want to taint a possible juror, since their jury pool -- unless they get a change of venue -- will probably be small. If they do get a COV, I would assume they will ship potential jurors from another county, most likely, instead of moving the court/principals to another county. That's what I've seen in other trials.

Seems to me, if a potential juror has seen the autopsy report and possibly discussed it with anyone, that could be a reason to excuse the juror before selection has even begun. But that's just MO, and again, IANAL.

This is before LE checked out neighbor's video system.
Thanks, how do we know before LE told him? I've been confused on this from day one of the interviews, there were 3 porch interviews by 3 different news channels here and I "assumed" the one where he stated exact times was a later one after LE informed him of 5:27 ?

HELLO ALL!
Hi Rachel! Do change your name or open a new account. I've seen the horrific posts on the other forums and they are even copying and pasting text and making screenshots of posts here and pasting them over there. You don't need to be hunted down and harassed if this is your real name. Be safe.

But he probably wasn't barefoot when he loaded them into the truck.
@FlossyMay, I noticed in all the interview videos of CW and still photos of CW after NU reported the family missing and before his arrest that he is wearing flip flops. I wonder what that may mean with regards to footprints? I know some people wear flip flops inside the home like they were slippers.
0*LeCDfDy20EexoHLf.png

PUTTING THE ISSUE OF THE ICE CREAM DRAMA TO REST!!!!!

I have been in touch with a person who was there the day that you all are talking about. Here is what this person told me:

. It was not Bella or Cece that ate any ice cream. It was another grandchild There were NO NUTS of any kind on the ice cream It was a plain individual cup of vanilla ice cream Package said it may have been processed in a tree nut factory There was NO bowl of any nuts laying around

If you don't believe my source then let me tell you I have seen Shanann's social media where she discussed the other grandchild eating the ice cream. She was very clear that her daughter, the one with the allergy, was not offered the ice cream nor did she eat the ice cream.

If I see one more post about ice cream I am leaving you all and going to Outer Mongolia where there is no ice cream.

Thank you.
Thank you!!! <3 <3 <3

Could someone explain why CW does not have those privileges at this point in time? I don't know the penal system and how and why things are done the way they are. TIA
It was said that because he's on a "suicide" watch, he isn't allowed certain things that he could harm himself with, and is only allowed outside of his cell for about an hour to shower, etc.

The Arrest Affidavit stated that the murders occurred at the home. He disclosed the physical location of the bodies. The barefoot print on the bag was found on the oil field. I don't think this request is to tie him up to scene. JMO

Prosecutors will want to rule out any unidentified prints at the murder scene. They need to tie it to him or his lawyers could argue LE ignored an unidentified print on an item found at the scene. That opens the door to someone else being involved (additionally or SODDI).

@FlossyMay, I noticed in all the interview videos of CW and still photos of CW after NU reported the family missing and before his arrest that he is wearing flip flops. I wonder what that may mean with regards to footprints? I know some people wear flip flops inside the home like they were slippers.
0*LeCDfDy20EexoHLf.png
Yes, they also wear flip flops in prison showers to keep from getting foot cooties. I'm sure he'll feel right at home.

0*LeCDfDy20EexoHLf.png
If he normally wears flip flops, it explains why there may be footprints on the bag found at the crime scene. Most people (I think) take them off when they are inside, so it stands to reason that was the case the night of the murders.

Yah, just leave any thing that were used to carry the bodies. Looks like it. I wonder what else he left.. a shovel?
I still keep wondering if a ranch hand alerted somebody too, maybe something like the cattle should be in that particular pasture that morning (sunrise) but he couldn't let them out because an unscheduled oil pumper was there?

I am catching up here and sick to my stomach reading about this happening today.

Massguy, I wonder if there is connected to the "bags" on the neighbors CCAT may or may not have shown him loading in the truck?
Yeah, that would certainly jibe with that story. I’m not sure that rumor has been confirmed, but it definitely appears that there were bags placed in his truck.
Please explain about the bags and footprint update? I missed something.

We seem to be getting more info from diff't sources about CW not doing well in jail. Given the comparisons to other family annihilators and such, does this match their profiles? Or have most of them been stiff and stoic while incarcerated? Just curious. Everyone is different. I don't believe any of us ever 100% match a certain profile or DSM-5 Psych disorders.
I can only hope he is having to sleep with one eye open every night. Also, IMO, he/his Narcissistic self probably think he is "above" those other inmates, and he just doesn't belong with them. If the others see that attitude, they would probably enjoy making him feel even more so. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13