Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting indeed. The psychologist in this video says what jumps out at him is how good CW is at lying and that he's thought through it (his lies) and is not stumbling over his words. (Paraphrased)
MOO
I could tell when he got nervous.....his eyes would blink rapidly and/or I could see strains in his neck. Sometimes his mouth seemed nervous too. And I'm just talking about the facial language!

Those were the LE cadaver dogs in his house that have hit on a scent of death. I have a mini Dachshund Dog like Dieter and the bark is not near that loud even though I call my little Heidi a Pitbull in a little body. These dogs are VERY protective of their family and great watchdogs. When anyone raises their hand near me she thinks they are going to hit me, she goes ballistic and starts attacking. These are mighty little dogs. I would guess CW locked Dieter in a room before he killed SW. Dieter would have been going after CW ankles biting if he were in the room. I’ve owned Dachshunds my entire life. I know these dogs behaviors. I think he might have killed the girls at another location after the birthday party. He made sure he took them so peeps would say the saw them all together that day. That eve neighbors saw him BBQ alone. I think that day after putting the girls in the oil tanks he knew he was going to have to bury SW and made sure he brought the proper toools to bury her after killing her. It has been reported that dirt is very hard.

Also, when he was giving his lying interview I wonder if he gave LE access to his vehicle as well and going through his vehicle I’m sure they found plenty of dirt in the drivers side from CW shoes after burying SW in that hard dirt. If he had a GPS they would have his coordinates from the history. He hadn’t had time to clean the vehicle and after all he was “blowing through all the lights to get home” It must have taken quite awhile to bury SW as she was not a small girl. I bet the shovel was still in the truck as well. I read lots of hair in the truck bed.

That along with no video footage of SW and the girls leaving is pretty damning evidence so while LE was watching his interview they knew he had done something to that family. Shortly after the interview and before he confessed LE already had a drone over the area of the oil tanks that’s how they saw the sheet that matched the one in the trash and loose dirt from a shallow grave
The truck belonged to Anadarko who would have given LE permission to search it. MOO

Still catching up - but a few things I want to mention:

1) another request for dna doesn’t really surprise me and a buccal swab isn’t too invasive. Even if they already have it, it’s possible the evidence is compromised or tainted or they can’t get a good reading, or there’s a issue with the chain of custody, or whatever. They may just be covering their bases.

2) autopsy report - someone mentioned they sealed it in the JonBenet case - but my understanding is that they did that because they hadn’t charged anyone in the crime and they thought it would compromise the investigation. It’s impossible to compare cases outside of Colorado since they all have different laws and standards pertaining to open records and reasons for withholding/sealing. I checked a bit more and can’t find any similar request (in Colorado) involving a charged suspect (and no claim that it would injure the family). I just find that odd. If something exists - I would love to see the details and how it was ultimately resolved - so please, send that info along!

And finally - I’m likely going to be off the board for a while - it’s moving too quickly to keep up and I have a trial starting Monday. Jury selection - my favorite :) if you have any specific questions - or if anything super interesting develops - please message me.

I’m sure I will be back.

1) another request for dna doesn’t really surprise me and a buccal swab isn’t too invasive. Even if they already have it, it’s possible the evidence is compromised or tainted or they can’t get a good reading, or there’s a issue with the chain of custody, or whatever. They may just be covering their bases.

2) autopsy report - someone mentioned they sealed it in the JonBenet case - but my understanding is that they did that because they hadn’t charged anyone in the crime and they thought it would compromise the investigation. It’s impossible to compare cases outside of Colorado since they all have different laws and standards pertaining to open records and reasons for withholding/sealing. I checked a bit more and can’t find any similar request (in Colorado) involving a charged suspect (and no claim that it would injure the family). I just find that odd. If something exists - I would love to see the details and how it was ultimately resolved - so please, send that info along!

And finally - I’m likely going to be off the board for a while - it’s moving too quickly to keep up and I have a trial starting Monday. Jury selection - my favorite :) if you have any specific questions - or if anything super interesting develops - please message me.

I’m sure I will be back.
Thanks for all your input thus far. Really appreciate it!

I have known a few compulsive liars in my lifetime. No one ever questions them on their lies because people are too polite, That is unless you get into a confrontation with them.

If he is such a liar and he seems to think he can spin the most outrageous of lies, he must do it all of the time.

Did no one ever notice? No one.

At the time of the media interview, we don't know if maybe the LE advised him to do it. He could have felt pressured.

I would not be a bit surprised if LE encouraged him. In the Laura Wallen case, they asked her boyfriend to join the parents in the press conference so they could see what he said. It's a great way to get the suspect to talk without putting them on guard by having the police do the questioning.

ETA: God bless Laura's parents for getting through that PC knowing that were likely standing next to her killer.

Last edited:

I’m sure I will be back.

Thank you @Amandaaa & good luck to you with your jury selection & trial. I will miss your insights while you are away, but of course understand your priorities.

Before you go, I’d love to hear some ideas/hypotheses (I know you have no way of knowing) as to why the prosecution would want the autopsy sealed. It might give us some possibilities to discuss.

Thanks again!

I would not be a bit surprised if LE encouraged him. In the Laura Wallen case, they asked her boyfriend to join the parents in the press conference so they could see what he said. It's a great way to get the suspect to talk without putting them on guard by having the police do the questioning.
Yes! I thought I'd heard that before on crime docs. I've watched.

The entire interview brings out my hinky meter, but especially when he speaks of Bella starting kindergarten in the PAST tense "She was going to start kindergarten next Monday". Also, when the reporter brings up that Shannan, his missing wife, is pregnant, he never confirms that fact, and just glosses over it, saying I just want them back. I feel like his interview is so staged, like this is what he is telling his AP.

I don't think speaking in past tense is evidence of guilt (although I do think CW is guilty). I think it just happens. In this interview he also refers to the girls in present tense, at 1:33 "Bella is four and Celeste is three".

I wonder why the status conference is so far away? Another couple of months. That's a lot of speculation time. :(
IIRC, the judge, DA and defense agreed to this date when they started reviewing their respective calendars. There must have been conflicts as they started out with an October date and wound up in November.

Shanann Watts
Shanann Watts
Shanann Watts
Shanann Watts
SW and CW gets up at 4-5am everyday . I know for me this is not normal so it seemed odd at first . But once you look at her posts this is everyday. IMO it is highly possible that the murders were not planned . The scene was not cleared up by CW however there had been no mention as to a struggle throughout the home found . To me that could indicate the area was in probability the same place. Which ironically could align with CW statement to the fact of how it happened . The dog distress also fits within this timeline. If he had killed them the night before he would have had to kill the dog IMO because the distress yelps. The dog yelps could have happened IMO at the time of the murders. This would also explain that it was not premeditated .
Do you have a stuffed animal handy? Maybe a pillow? Grab onto it for 3-5 minutes with both of your hands. Assume the stuffed animal or pillow is a living, breathing human being and if you don't stop, it will die. Can you stop at any time and choose not to kill? Of course you can. He didn't. CW admittedly and willingly put his hands around Shanann's neck and strangled the life out of her, killing their unborn son in the process. He could have stopped when she lost consciousness, or before she lost consciousness or stopped at any time. He didn't stop until she and Nico were dead and he had plenty of time to know what he was doing. MOO

Interesting indeed. The psychologist in this video says what jumps out at him is how good CW is at lying and that he's thought through it (his lies) and is not stumbling over his words. (Paraphrased)
MOO

This is very interesting to me. I found the interviews to be bizarre. BUT I hadn't watched them until well after his arrest and much discussion on here. I think it colored my impression of his behavior in the interviews, knowing he knew exactly where they were. I realize I can't know how I would've felt if I'd seen the interviews with "virgin eyes". But now I have to wonder about the ways in which he lies...new perspectives...

I have known a few compulsive liars in my lifetime. No one ever questions them on their lies because people are too polite, That is unless you get into a confrontation with them.

If he is such a liar and he seems to think he can spin the most outrageous of lies, he must do it all of the time.

Did no one ever notice? No one.
I have certainly known compulsive liars in my lifetime too. For some reason it's more important to them to continue the lying because it works more often than it doesn't. They don't even seem to be embarrassed when they get caught! I've come to the conclusion that a liar lies and just simply not to trust anything they say unless it is obvious.

Shanann Watts
Shanann Watts
Shanann Watts
Shanann Watts
SW and CW gets up at 4-5am everyday . I know for me this is not normal so it seemed odd at first . But once you look at her posts this is everyday. IMO it is highly possible that the murders were not planned . The scene was not cleared up by CW however there had been no mention as to a struggle throughout the home found . To me that could indicate the area was in probability the same place. Which ironically could align with CW statement to the fact of how it happened . The dog distress also fits within this timeline. If he had killed them the night before he would have had to kill the dog IMO because the distress yelps. The dog yelps could have happened IMO at the time of the murders. This would also explain that it was not premeditated .
this theory also meets the guideline I fb what the neighbors expressed they saw that morning

Last edited:
I don't think speaking in past tense is evidence of guilt (although I do think CW is guilty). I think it just happens. In this interview he also refers to the girls in present tense, at 1:33 "Bella is four and Celeste is three".
I think referring to dead people in the past tense is normal and referring to them in the present tense is conscience effort in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx