Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's interesting how people can watch the same interviews and see them completely different. I see absolutely zero confidence from his interviews. I see CW as scared, jumpy and stressed out. jmo
I don't see confidence or cockiness either. I see stressed, scared, distracted. My first thought upon watching it (before the bodies were found) was he looked like a guy who knew the walls were closing in on him.

eta whatever he was trying to play - grief or fear for their safety - wasn't coming across. The awkward smiles and laughs (nervous laughter? wth?) and weird pride in the shirt is what I mean about being distracted/distractable. He was unfocused and so incredibly nervous.

I don't see confidence or cockiness either. I see stressed, scared, distracted. My first thought upon watching it (before the bodies were found) was he looked like a guy who knew the walls were closing in on him.

eta whatever he was trying to play - grief or fear for their safety - wasn't coming across. The awkward smiles and laughs (nervous laughter? wth?) and weird pride in the shirt is what I mean about being distracted/distractable. He was unfocused and so incredibly nervous.
Yes, I also thought he appeared very nervous, which is to be expected for various reasons (talking on camera; fear of being caught in a lie, etc). What I can't get over, though, is that there is no sign of grief (at least not to me).

Yes, I also thought he appeared very nervous, which is to be expected for various reasons (talking on camera; fear of being caught in a lie, etc). What I can't get over, though, is that there is no sign of grief (at least not to me).

I don't see grief either. I watched the video without sound and tried to "pretend" I didn't know what the interview was about and that I didn't know the back story and he appears very nervous, actually he looks and acts terrified. jmo

After Allegedly Hiding Families' Bodies, Chris Watts May Have Left Something Incriminating Behind
A non-porous bag with a possible footprint was found, according to a prosecution motion obtained by PEOPLE.

In the filing, dated Tuesday, authorities requested to take a print of Chris’ bare feet so they can determine if it matches those found on the bag.

A source close to the investigation confirms to PEOPLE that a bag bearing a possible footprint was found at the oil site, some 40 miles east of the Watts home.

But the source declined to divulge the size or the material of the bag.

“There was a lot of evidence collected at the scene,” the source says. “and each piece is being carefully inspected to see if it pertains to the case or not.”

I really don't see the significance of a bag with his footprint on it... he has admitted being there and doing what he did. AB acts like everything is the greatest idea/scoop ever. Annoying

Not much of a front yard at all. The area on the right as you’re looking at the house has no grass at all, just pebbles and a walkway between the house. I don’t know about the other side.

If you look in Google Earth, you can see how tiny the lots are compared to the houses. The houses take up most of the space.

I really don't see the significance of a bag with his footprint on it... he has admitted being there and doing what he did. AB acts like everything is the greatest idea/scoop ever. Annoying
Here's the question; the bag with (his?) footprint was found at the oil site. What was he doing out there barefoot? It's an industrial site and rough landscape. Why would he remove his shoes?

I don't see the blood pooling stuff as a big deal either... they could have lain any sort of way for who knows how long. First at the home, then in the truck, then at the burial site, etc

Regardless of what he said, the state has to prove it. What if he recants his confession?

Here's the question; the bag with (his?) footprint was found at the oil site. What was he doing out there barefoot? It's an industrial site and rough landscape. Why would he remove his shoes?
The bag was found at the oil site, but that doesn't mean the footprint was made on the bag at the oil site.

Do we know if they are his footprints?
No.

Probably because he stepped on it at home when he was barefoot.
A logical conclusion.

But isn't it also possible if he's given the general scenario, he could fill in his version of the details? In some cases, actually unknowingly fabricating a memory to suit his own cause in order to deny culpability or guilt.
I'm really not implying it's the case here and I respect your better judgement.
Not unlike drunk, hungover colleagues in work the morning after the Christmas party the night before, for example, going through all possible scenarios of what may or may not have happened, convincing themselves of 'reality' even though it may be far from the truth.
Although I agree, I probably (hopefully) would remember whether I had taken someone's life. This may not be the case with everyone.
JMO

Maybe, but if, for example, one woke up from being black out drunk (just an example, not saying CW was) and your wife and children were missing, you’d probably panic and try to find them. If you woke up and they were dead, I would expect an intruder defense rather than his “I killed her because she was killing the kids” defense. But even so, unless he was black out drunk (no indication of that), he has no history that me know of of amnesia or dissociation. It just doesn’t seem like a probable theory to me.

If you have watched very much of the ID channel, a lot of murderers are found because of their shoes. Maybe CW did take his shoes off but like a poster said above, CW already confessed to the burial of SW and the dumping of the babies.

Why are so many assuming that the girls were put in the oil and not bagged?
I would think that he told his attorney if they were or not. Would his attorney ask for their necks to be swabbed if he thought they were put in without being bagged?
I also think that the prosecution wants swabs, finger and hand prints with photos to show that they are really his, just like they asked for with the foot prints. Not sure at booking if it is photographed.

This is from the motion for swabs to be taken from the girls (https://www.courts.state.co.us/user... DNA SWAB OF THROATS OF DECEDENT CHILDREN.pdf) :
'Defense counsel had an opportunity to speak with a DNA expert this morning. This expert advised that even though the bodies of two of the decedents have been in an oil well filled with crude oil for several days, DNA would still be present.'

Taken at face value, IMO they were not in bags.

After Allegedly Hiding Families' Bodies, Chris Watts May Have Left Something Incriminating Behind
A non-porous bag with a possible footprint was found, according to a prosecution motion obtained by PEOPLE.

In the filing, dated Tuesday, authorities requested to take a print of Chris’ bare feet so they can determine if it matches those found on the bag.

A source close to the investigation confirms to PEOPLE that a bag bearing a possible footprint was found at the oil site, some 40 miles east of the Watts home.

But the source declined to divulge the size or the material of the bag.

“There was a lot of evidence collected at the scene,” the source says. “and each piece is being carefully inspected to see if it pertains to the case or not.”

Does this mean another leak in LE? Do policemen really say 'pertain'? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member