Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the odds and I agree that it's probably not a bloody print. I just don't see him barefoot at the sight. Possible, but not probable, for me. MOO
I agree, completely. But, it happening at home usn't probable either. It's not likely he'd step on a bag that wasn't empty (sorry) and using the bag, moving it, etc., would obliterate an impression. So, it's more likely the bag was discarded at the site and then stepped on. But why barefoot? And the bag was recovered from the site!

There are several videos that show him barefoot in the home. Shanann's shoes were found at the door. Lots of people go barefoot in their home. It makes sense to me that he would be barefoot at whatever "early in the morning" time (2 am, 4 am...) he was preparing to load the bodies into his truck. MOO
Don't disagree, but why only? And the bag was recovered at the site. Logically the imprint happened there, otherwise activity would have removed it. Do you think he drove to the site barefoot?

I agree, completely. But, it happening at home usn't probable either. It's not likely he'd step on a bag that wasn't empty (sorry) and using the bag, moving it, etc., would obliterate an impression. So, it's more likely the bag was discarded at the site and then stepped on. But why barefoot? And the bag was recovered from the site!
I think he is more likely to be barefoot at home early in the morning than barefoot at the oil site. MOO

Oily from natural oils in/on your feet and fingers.
Why would he be barefoot at home??? happens alot.
You said discarded... I think maybe lost or forgotten more likely.
My point was that he already admitted being there and doing what he did... what does his footprint have to do with anything?
Unless, like mentioned before... it isn't his.
Good points, and yes barefoot at home is not unusual. However, the bag was recovered at the site. Do we know it came from the house? Wouldn't use, transport, etc., remove an imprint? It's a work truck, there would likely be dirt and chemicals on the floor and maybe rear seat. How could the bag go through all that, be discarded, and maintain an imprint? Who else would it be. LE would know if it was a woman's or child's.

Don't disagree, but why only? And the bag was recovered at the site. Logically the imprint happened there, otherwise activity would have removed it. Do you think he drove to the site barefoot?
I don't see why you say the activity would remove it/all of the prints. It is possible it would not.
Much more likely a bare print (if that is what they found???) would have happened at home.

I understand that it is possible, but the logic just doesn't jive for me. Yes, the bag was recovered at the site. The bodies were recovered at the site too, but it doesn't mean they were killed there, right? Same with the bag. He is more likely to have been barefoot in the home. Activity may not always remove the print. It depends where on the bag the print was and how the bag was used. No, I don't think he drove barefoot. MOO

Good points, and yes barefoot at home is not unusual. However, the bag was recovered at the site. Do we know it came from the house? Wouldn't use, transport, etc., remove an imprint? It's a work truck, there would likely be dirt and chemicals on the floor and maybe rear seat. How could the bag go through all that, be discarded, and maintain an imprint? Who else would it be. LE would know if it was a woman's or child's.

No we don't know where the bag came from.
Prints can remain thru tough circumstances sometimes... even can be found on the skin I think.
Maybe the print (again, if that is what they found) is on the inside of the bag or that area of the bag avoided all that 'activity'. Possibly the bag wasn't involved in the murder... but does have a print. We really don't know the details yet.

I think he is more likely to be barefoot at home early in the morning than barefoot at the oil site. MOO
I totally agree. I'm most likely to be barefoot at home. But, the bag was found at the site. How did it get there? Was it from the house? When was the imprint made and if made earlier, how was it maintained? A conundrum!

Hi @Kensie, your bullet points are definitely plausible and inexcusable by CW but the one that I am trying to grapple with is the idea that CW did not want to deal with the financial aspects of child support and therefore is the reason for pre-meditating and murdering his daughters and SW. I just can't make the connection between CW planning to murder his daughters or wife for the sake of paying alimony or child support and getting his freedom. If CW divorced SW which he could easily do, he would essentially be free of SW and have his freedom from SW to be with the AP or anyone else he chooses. Nothing in the evidence to my view prior to the murders, shows CW had any animosity or resentment towards his children.

Edit to add: nothing in the evidence to my view prior to the murders, shows SW had any animosity or resentment towards her children either.

Nothing in the lives of most family annihilators showed they had resentment or animosity toward their kids.

For many of the ones who don't kill themselves, it appears they are more concerned with not appearing "imperfect" to their loved ones, by divorcing or having a new woman while leaving their wife, or breaking up their family, and doing that to their kids, than they are concerned with the lives of their children.

These people really just aren't normal. They're not like you or me. No matter how much they may seem like it. They're just not.

Their terror at having the mask slip is far greater than their love for anyone.

Last edited:
I totally agree. I'm most likely to be barefoot at home. But, the bag was found at the site. How did it get there? Was it from the house? When was the imprint made and if made earlier, how was it maintained? A conundrum!
If it is even related to these crimes, it got there the same way the bodies got there - in his truck. It was likely from the house. The impression was not damaged in transport, apparently. MOO

No we don't know where the bag came from.
Prints can remain thru tough circumstances sometimes... even can be found on the skin I think.
Maybe the print (again, if that is what they found) is on the inside of the bag or that area of the bag avoided all that 'activity'. Possibly the bag wasn't involved in the murder... but does have a print. We really don't know the details yet.
Absolutely all true. Always more questions than answers., but good answers, thanks.

You're good! Would he really have stepped on the bag AFTER, it was. filled?If he stepped on the bag when it was empty wouldn't it being full. empty (sorry-ugh), moved around etc., obliterate an impression? Isn't it. More likely he dropped the empty bag at the site and then stepped on it? If so, why barefoot? Why barefoot at home, doing what he must have been doing?
perhaps whatever happened, happened when he was barefoot (e.g. just going to bed or getting up?

You're good! Would he really have stepped on the bag AFTER, it was. filled?If he stepped on the bag when it was empty wouldn't it being full. empty (sorry-ugh), moved around etc., obliterate an impression? Isn't it. More likely he dropped the empty bag at the site and then stepped on it? If so, why barefoot? Why barefoot at home, doing what he must have been doing?
Maybe he had them all bagged in the bedroom, stepped into the bathroom to wash off or shower, and stepped on one of the bags, but not necessarily on the body within.

Last edited:
I don't see confidence or cockiness either. I see stressed, scared, distracted. My first thought upon watching it (before the bodies were found) was he looked like a guy who knew the walls were closing in on him.

eta whatever he was trying to play - grief or fear for their safety - wasn't coming across. The awkward smiles and laughs (nervous laughter? wth?) and weird pride in the shirt is what I mean about being distracted/distractable. He was unfocused and so incredibly nervous.
I see a seriously grieving husband and father in this photo. Don't you?
img_9697-jpg.147994

Maybe the bag was loose inside of the same tank as one of the children was dumped in ie perhaps he brought both children in one bag, dumped one child, then brought the bag to the other tank and dumped the child and the bag in there loosely, and with the draining of the tank the child worked loose from the bag. IE the bag floated higher in the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx