Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for sharing and I'm so sorry for the pain you went through. This is exactly why CW is not garnering much sympathy here. His actions are NOT those of grief, shock, terrible loss. Its almost as though he was playing a role in a sitcom during his hipster interviews.

Something that struck me is statement that the police, "they've been on point..."

He tried to sound so cool and knowledgeable.

As his babies lay dead in an oil field.

SouthernSleuther, did you happen to remember why this would happen, if they addressed it?

I don’t remember his exact explanation, but IIRC, it has something to do with physiology of the body after death (trapped gases, maybe?). I do remember him saying that’s why it’s called “dead man’s float”. It was an interesting AB segment. He was billed as a medical death investigator.

I agree, completely. But, it happening at home usn't probable either. It's not likely he'd step on a bag that wasn't empty (sorry) and using the bag, moving it, etc., would obliterate an impression. So, it's more likely the bag was discarded at the site and then stepped on. But why barefoot? And the bag was recovered from the site!

Moving the bag wouldn't necessarily wipe off the print. I think it had to be from the house. He (or someone) stepped on the bag while loading bodies into it. LE has to confirm that it is his foot print or figure out who's print it is to eliminate that person as a possible suspect. The defense's first argument would be that the "real killer" left the foot print and LE ignored it to focus on CW. Both sides will want and need to know as much as possible about every piece of evidence - the prosecution to tie it to the defendant, and the defense to create reasonable doubt.

MOO It doesn't surprise me if there is a footprint..i am sure the majority of us are either barefoot or wear slippers or the like indoors?

Maybe the bag contained evidence (blankets etc) and it flew away at the burial/dump site...?

Just thinking out loud...

Did we ever find out if the tanks were heated? There are several ways to determine TOD. Liver temperature for instance, but if the tanks were heated, that probably wouldn't work.

Insect activity is also used as an indicator to TOD. I doubt there were any insects in the oil tanks, though. It seems like a really good place to hide a body if you didn't want anyone to know when the victim died.

All of that makes me wonder if he really did kill them before Shanann got home and that's why he chose to put them in the tanks instead of burying them with their mother.

If it is even related to these crimes, it got there the same way the bodies got there - in his truck. It was likely from the house. The impression was not damaged in transport, apparently. MOO
Maybe he took the bag with him to the site...and once he had done the "deed" he changed his shoes; but didn't want to stand in dirt with bare feet, so he took a bag to stand on. You know - sitting in the driver seat changing his shoes - with one foot on the ground (bag) while he puts the shoe on the other foot. He put the bag in the back of the truck when he was ready to leave and it flew out of the back. Maybe it was far enough from the "dump" site when it flew out of the truck - that he didn't think it would blow all the way back to the site and didn't have to worry about it. Just a thought...and imo.

I agree, completely. But, it happening at home usn't probable either. It's not likely he'd step on a bag that wasn't empty (sorry) and using the bag, moving it, etc., would obliterate an impression. So, it's more likely the bag was discarded at the site and then stepped on. But why barefoot? And the bag was recovered from the site!
It's not more likely he stepped on it barefoot at the site. imo

I don’t remember his exact explanation, but IIRC, it has something to do with physiology of the body after death (trapped gases, maybe?). I do remember him saying that’s why it’s called “dead man’s float”. It was an interesting AB segment. He was billed as a medical death investigator.
Here's a good explanation: The body sinks as air is displaced in lungs. Then bacteria produces gases, and the body/abdomen itself will have the most of those and will start to float first.
"The most buoyant body parts rise first, leaving the head and limbs to drag behind the chest and abdomen."
Also: "The smaller the limbs, the more likely a corpse will float facing up—short arms and legs create less drag."
Why are bodies in the water always facedown?

Maybe he took the bag with him to the site...and once he had done the "deed" he changed his shoes; but didn't want to stand in dirt with bare feet, so he took a bag to stand on. You know - sitting in the driver seat changing his shoes - with one foot on the ground (bag) while he puts the shoe on the other foot. He put the bag in the back of the truck when he was ready to leave and it flew out of the back. Maybe it was far enough from the "dump" site when it flew out of the truck - that he didn't think it would blow all the way back to the site and didn't have to worry about it. Just a thought...and imo.
If so, he would also changed his socks since it is a bare foot impression. Unless he didn't wear socks. Who knows?!

It was n’t her imperfect life that concerns me. It is that there is no attempt to comfort the children.

I understand that a few years ago we did not understand the impact of adult’s actions on children’s lives.

We are learning more and more all of the time because of cortisol levels and the ability to scan brain acrivity.

There is a lot of research out there. I think that posters that have education in this kind of research are the ones concerned . It freaks me out now.

Years ago, I may have done the same as SW with my children. But nowadays we know more and more about children and adults as well. We have better information about what is needed by children and adults.

What's interesting to me is how everyone ignores the giant Santa in the room.

Ya'll know CW was PARTICIPATING in those videos people think seem abusive and uncaring to the kids?

He wasn't yanking off his Santa Beard and running to comfort CeCe.
He wasn't saying, "Bella doesn't want to sit with me. Let's leave her alone." Nope. He reached for her AND HELD HER as she reached her arms up for her mom.

Pie in the face video? Water bottle video? He's also participating in those. He actually tries to grab the kids at different points to get them to get a pie on the face or get squirted, before giving up.

At no time does he ever say, "That's enough. Stop it. She is upset. You're going too far."

He does not rush to the crying child and hug her and try to console her, as so many are criticizing Shanann for not doing.

She is the only one being damned for not understanding about cortisol levels or for not taking her kids' cries or discomfort seriously in a few moments of hundreds of thousands of times kids cry in their lives or act scared, unhappy or distressed.

For some reason, silent, complicit CW escapes any criticism.

I think the tanks were chosen because of easy access... understandable that he would go there for his job. Anywhere else he went that day would be suspicious.
I believe SW would have been in there too... if he could have pulled it off.

Did the bag contain the bodies?

Maybe I missed this, if so, sorry...i have missed a bit lately!
We don't know if it contained a body or bodies.
We don't know if it contained anything.
We don't know where it came from.
We don't know what kind of bag it is other than non-porous.
We know it was found at the scene where the bodies were located.
We don't know if it is related to the murders.
I tend to think it is.
Investigators were able to retrieve a bare foot impression from the bag.
We don't know who left the foot impression.
We don't know where or when the foot impression was made on the bag.
We know the impression was good enough to warrant a comparison.
We know they have asked CW to provide an impression of both his feet.
:):p:D:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members