Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the live FB videos I have watched them all. I have had my opinions and posted my thoughts more than once and I'm over it.
I do however want to link my personal FB so you can watch my videos and analyze me because I'm pretty sure you'd all think I was nuts LOL

Does AB use a Colorado attorney? Since every state has different laws regarding pre-trial release of information, I think it would important for AB to use a Colorado attorney.
I guess not that night... haha
Last night an ex-DA (I think) from CO was on her show with a weird voice. He was the one who said the prosection was likely just making sure all their t's were crossed and i's dotted.

I personally do not believe any of these videos show evidence of a deep personality disorder in either of them, so just keep that in mind as my thoughts are read. And I don't think we as outsiders can make any claims based on them that would lead us to ever "make sense" these murder atrocities. However, I DO think the videos are useful in understanding some of the dynamics of the relationship between SW and CW, at least to a certain extent. And I also think they absolutely provide some level of insight into each of their personalities. IMO.

So that being said, I do not think it would be expected at all that CW would have intervened in these videos that you refer to. He was on live video feeds in many of them and SW was running her own show so to speak. He appears to be an actor in the productions. He does what he is told to do in almost every video I've seen. I think, based on my own personal observations of the videos and postings, and based on some VI input here, that CW often did what SW wanted him to do. When I've watched the FB videos I see him trying to play a role (pie in face guy, hair-do guy, Santa guy, pro-bar eating taste-tester, "surprised" husband who finds out oops they did it again, etc.)

During some of those videos SW can be heard explicitly asking him to do things. Like, "Chris, bring her here." type of things (that one is in the pie-in-face video for example). So if he goes to pick up crying Bella to get a pie in her face even though she doesn't want to, it's literally because SW asked him. He could have not done it though. Of course.

I'm not saying this shows she's a bad mother. I don't think she was. I'm just saying that I believe CW merely did what he was told to do (or- as the case may be- NOT to do). I think that was very much the expectation. And yes, of course it was his choice to follow the expectation. He didn't have to, of course.

JMO.

ETA grammar.
Interesting observations! I am curious to know whether CW ever didnt do as he was told? For example, in the pie-in-the-face video, if Bella didnt want to join in, why didnt CW back Bella up (so to speak) and tell SW that Bella didnt want to join in and just to leave it?

Interesting observations! I am curious to know whether CW ever didnt do as he was told? For example, in the pie-in-the-face video, if Bella didnt want to join in, why didnt CW back Bella up (so to speak) and tell SW that Bella didnt want to join in and just to leave it?
That's a good question. There were a few times in those videos I was like, "Um, CW, why aren't you doing anything?"

I don't see any grief either. And that is one of the main reasons I don't believe his version of the story.

He said that he saw SW strangling the baby, and in a fit of rage, he strangled her, killing his unborn child. How grief stricken would a man be, to see his 2 girls strangled to death, and then to be forced to kill his unborn son nd his wife?

But the next day, we see a nervous jumpy, but smiley man, who made small talk about his favorite shirt. Not a broken, grief stricken man, like we saw when SW's father spoke.
You would see unbearable and uncontrollable grief. This is a short video of Jessica Ridgeway's parents when Jessica was missing for 5 days. They CAN'T hide their emotions and they don't even know at this point that she has been murdered. It is impossible for a normal human being and father to lose a child they love and NOT show any signs of grief unless he wanted them gone and he is the one who killed them. MOO

I'm right there with you. For the life of me, I can't figure out where we're going with all this scrutiny of the victim, and I don't think the answers we want are going to be found on Facebook. Whether we approve or disapprove of their family dynamic, I see no wrongful conduct that caused CW to strangle his wife and children to death or anything which would mitigate his punishment. But, I'm neither a lawyer or a mental health professional. MOO

I know this post is from a few pages ago but I can't agree more. The fact is, some people are just more likable than others. In life, there are going to be people who rub us the wrong way. Someone that you find really engaging and warm may come off to me as calculating and fake. It is totally subjective and just a fact of life. None of it has anything to do with whether someone should have been killed. The tendency to find "bad victims" is so dangerous for us as a society. There's a reason marginalized women and women in disadvantaged groups are so much less likely to come forward and report a crime. If people will find fault with a married stay-at-home mom battling chronic illness trying to support her family, what would they have to say about a sex worker or recovering addict? It is shameful and I hope people think twice before participating in victim blaming. It is not a game. No one deserves to be brutally murdered.

I see a seriously grieving husband and father in this photo. Don't you?
img_9697-jpg.147994
Yep. Just because the corners of the mouth are pointing up, that doesn't mean it is a smile.

I personally do not believe any of these videos show evidence of a deep personality disorder in either of them, so just keep that in mind as my thoughts are read. And I don't think we as outsiders can make any claims based on them that would lead us to ever "make sense" these murder atrocities. However, I DO think the videos are useful in understanding some of the dynamics of the relationship between SW and CW, at least to a certain extent. And I also think they absolutely provide some level of insight into each of their personalities. IMO.

So that being said, I do not think it would be expected at all that CW would have intervened in these videos that you refer to. He was on live video feeds in many of them and SW was running her own show so to speak. He appears to be an actor in the productions. He does what he is told to do in almost every video I've seen. I think, based on my own personal observations of the videos and postings, and based on some VI input here, that CW often did what SW wanted him to do. When I've watched the FB videos I see him trying to do play a role (pie in face guy, hair-do guy, Santa guy, pro-bar eating taste-tester, "surprised" husband who finds out oops they did it again, etc.)

During some of those videos SW can be heard explicitly asking him to do things. Like, "Chris, bring her here." type of things (that one is in the pie-in-face video for example). So if he goes to pick up crying Bella to get a pie in her face even though she doesn't want to, it's literally because SW asked him.

I'm not saying this shows she's a bad mother. I'm just saying that I believe CW merely did what he was told to do (or- as the case may be- NOT to do). I think that was very much the expectation. And yes, of course it was his choice to follow the expectation. He didn't have to, of course.

JMO.

Yes, the videos can be worth a look, IMO, to get to know them a bit more, just as her many followers did when they watched her content.

I think it's also worth adding that SW was the one holding the camera, leaving her one free hand, and her live videos also required her to direct her attention to her phone (you can often see her looking down at the bottom of her phone) at her live feed to address her followers.

Yes, CW did was he was told. I don't think he followed instructions for any other reason but knowing that she was holding the camera and directing, and that her free hands were limited. IMO, I don't see this as being much different than a tourist stopping someone in the street to ask for a family photo. The stranger does it not because they feel like they are being walked on like a doormat, but because they are happy to oblige due to making someone else happy and helping them getting a shot that otherwise couldn't be obtained without a stranger's help.

It's a whole lot easier to film a video with children when you have someone to help you, IMO. SW needed the videos for her business, and CW was happy to oblige to her requests because he knew it would help her and make her happy.

JMO.

Like the guy said on tv last night- double-crossing all the t's and double-dotting all the i's. That was hard to type... haha
I'm glad he was on there. He was highly regarded and a BIG deal in Colorado for many years. He had his own talk show on AM radio, as well was a guest on many other talk shows all the time for his legal experience. Also was a legal expert for one or two or all the Denver news channels. (no doubt you noticed his distinctive voice). Obviously I have a lot of faith in him and when he said "He's Lying!" in reference to CW to AB, I'm convinced. Also I thought it was interesting he focused more on a capital case.

Oh, forgot to add- while I do think it's a good question and wondered myself why he didn't step up on a few occasions- what I'm trying to say is that I think the simple answer is that he was playing a role and doing what he thought he was supposed to be doing. But I'm curious as to if there were ever times he didn't.

Am I talking in circles? No one need answer that :)

What's interesting to me is how everyone ignores the giant Santa in the room.

Ya'll know CW was PARTICIPATING in those videos people think seem abusive and uncaring to the kids?

He wasn't yanking off his Santa Beard and running to comfort CeCe.
He wasn't saying, "Bella doesn't want to sit with me. Let's leave her alone." Nope. He reached for her AND HELD HER as she reached her arms up for her mom.

Pie in the face video? Water bottle video? He's also participating in those. He actually tries to grab the kids at different points to get them to get a pie on the face or get squirted, before giving up.

At no time does he ever say, "That's enough. Stop it. She is upset. You're going too far."

He does not rush to the crying child and hug her and try to console her, as so many are criticizing Shanann for not doing.

She is the only one being damned for not understanding about cortisol levels or for not taking her kids' cries or discomfort seriously in a few moments of hundreds of thousands of times kids cry in their lives or act scared, unhappy or distressed.

For some reason, silent, complicit CW escapes any criticism.
ITA, and its quite mind boggling. The videos on SW's facebook have been beaten to death and picked apart with some inappropriate, and frankly hurtful armchair "diagnoses" placed on her shoulders. There is so much info that has not been released yet, so people following this case are speculating and certain things on her SM are being twisted and overanalyzed. We don't know if she followed a specific type of parenting style - as its been noted here, it is advised to ignore children who throw temper tantrums etc. Some posters may object to this and use it as a reason to criticize SW simply because they have a different idea of parenting. For all we know, it could be CW who was strict and SW is just following his parenting style. One thing is obvious: Blaming SW and making up psychological maladies about a pregnant murder victim is completely unacceptable. We all know who the killer is and he's sitting in a jail cell under suicide watch. MOO.

Last edited:
That's a good question. There were a few times in those videos I was like, "Um, CW, why aren't you doing anything?"

Seems that was the dynamic...
and possibly a factor in what happened.
Dressing in same clothes, mugging for the camera, being a part of the shots like a sort of prop.
Maybe he was just sick of it all and couldn't handle it.

I know this post is from a few pages ago but I can't agree more. The fact is, some people are just more likable than others. In life, there are going to be people who rub us the wrong way. Someone that you find really engaging and warm may come off to me as calculating and fake. It is totally subjective and just a fact of life. None of it has anything to do with whether someone should have been killed. The tendency to find "bad victims" is so dangerous for us as a society. There's a reason marginalized women and women in disadvantaged groups are so much less likely to come forward and report a crime. If people will find fault with a married stay-at-home mom battling chronic illness trying to support her family, what would they have to say about a sex worker or recovering addict? It is shameful and I hope people think twice before participating in victim blaming. It is not a game. No one deserves to be brutally murdered.

[I wish I could love this post!!]

Oh, forgot to add- while I do think it's a good question and wondered myself why he didn't step up on a few occasions- what I'm trying to say is that I think the simple answer is that he was playing a role and doing what he thought he was supposed to be doing. But I'm curious as to if there were ever times he didn't.

Am I talking in circles? No one need answer that :)

Role-playing... that was what I was trying to say.

Thanks!

It's in this video clip on AB's fb for anyone who wants to see: Ashleigh Banfield
I am somewhat confused by AB. She states that CW put the bodies in the bed of the pickup. However, I thought CW said that he put them in the backseat. A few threads back I questioned how he put all three bodies in the backseat. The truck is a supercab model that has those little back doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3