Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's interesting. What's also interesting is it seems IMO like Chris didn't know about the doctor's appt SW had that Monday. I would understand him not going but I would think he would at least know about it if things were ok with them. So it makes me wonder if she purposefully didn't tell him about it.

Or made it during her trip, on the phone, and did not have the time to tell him?

The defence will get the reports. One of the verified attorneys up post explained that it is only release to the public that is an issue.

To illustrate, here's an example. If I represent the defense, I will have access to whatever documents are produced to me in discovery and all information filed with the court (with few exceptions related to attorney-client privilege disputes). However, the other party may ask to redact sensitive material from some filings. If the court agrees, I will get an unredacted copy as the attorney for the defendant, but the other party will file a redacted copy that will go into the public record. So if my colleague, who is not working on the case, looked the case up on PACER (the federal court docketing system), he would only see the redacted version. The same goes for fully sealed documents. I will receive a copy as the attorney for the defendant, but if someone unrelated to the case pulled up the docket, it would say "DOCUMENT FILED UNDER SEAL" instead of the actual document.

I genuinely think SW believed what she posted for the most part, and I think as far as she knew everything was fine, with the exception of the last few weeks when she reported to friends that he seemed distant, less interested in the kids, and “not the usual Chris”.

I still think she was blindsided, completely.

The only thing that throws me off, is the hairdresser in NC. But no one else has backed that up the notion that SW had said they were separating. So I don’t know how reliable the hairdresser is, or if a reporter was mistaken.. no one else has verified that story.

didn't one our of VI's confirm that CW and SW had discussed seperation?

For all the criticism directed at SW for the Christmas video, no mention is made of the fact that CW just sits there and does nothing to make his kids feel more comfortable, nor does he comfort them in any way.

In the video of Cece having a tantrum on the floor, CW ignores her and continues to exercise, but only SW is criticized for ignoring their child’s temper tantrums.

I find these criticisms of SW to be one sided and I wonder why CW isn’t held to the same standards of parenting.

Murder is an extreme and abnormal response to any stressor. I don’t think the answers can be found in any of these videos tbh.

JMO

My pediatrician advised us to 'ignore' their tantrums. If they are throwing themselves onto the ground , kicking and screaming because they are not getting their way, then IGNORING IT is often the best solution. You don't want to feed into it or pay attention to it,imo.

Toddlers have tantrums. It is normal behavior as they grow and mature. JMO

If the bag is related to the case. Still an if for now. I see it like this: CW is at home and barefoot. He has three bodies on his hands plus whatever other evidence. He gathers some kind of bags, maybe garbage bags, and brings them upstairs. He tosses them on the floor while he goes about gathering up whatever it is he’s going to place inside (I think it may be one or both of the girls) In that process, he inadvertently steps on one in his bare feet. Then all of it ends up at the disposal site. Clearly just my opinion.
Since they want footprint taken, I wonder if there are no finger prints on the bags. IMO, I think he would have worn gloves of some kind during the cleanup, dumping and burying processes.

JMO, but I concur that she was involved in some manner with the appointment. Am I dreaming that she also told NUA that she would be needing her in the future?

I don't recall that, but they were co-workers in the Thrive MLM business right? I would not be surprised if SW said something about the future and needing NUA if SW was worried her marriage was over.

Or made it during her trip, on the phone, and did not have the time to tell him?

Possible but this doesn't sound like a problem visit that you would make last minute as NUA is quoted as saying she would hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Usually those appts are scheduled ahead of time or at the previous appt. IMO

For all the criticism directed at SW for the Christmas video, no mention is made of the fact that CW just sits there and does nothing to make his kids feel more comfortable, nor does he comfort them in any way.

In the video of Cece having a tantrum on the floor, CW ignores her and continues to exercise, but only SW is criticized for ignoring their child’s temper tantrums.

I find these criticisms of SW to be one sided and I wonder why CW isn’t held to the same standards of parenting.

Murder is an extreme and abnormal response to any stressor. I don’t think the answers can be found in any of these videos tbh.

JMO

My point exactly. It's interesting that there's no response to that question.

To illustrate, here's an example. If I represent the defense, I will have access to whatever documents are produced to me in discovery and all information filed with the court (with few exceptions related to attorney-client privilege disputes). However, the other party may ask to redact sensitive material from some filings. If the court agrees, I will get an unredacted copy as the attorney for the defendant, but the other party will file a redacted copy that will go into the public record. So if my colleague, who is not working on the case, looked the case up on PACER (the federal court docketing system), he would only see the redacted version. The same goes for fully sealed documents. I will receive a copy as the attorney for the defendant, but if someone unrelated to the case pulled up the docket, it would say "DOCUMENT FILED UNDER SEAL" instead of the actual document.
Thank you @Alethea. Does this mean that the Defence can release the report? I think this is what @dgfred was asking?

tainting witnesses I can't figure

impacting future jurors... maybe.
With regard to tainting witnesses, if you use Caylee Anthony's autopsy report for example, there is much information about body disposal that could have tainted a witness. Duct tape, shape of the heart sticker, the laundry bag, the trash bag, etc.

We don't know what is included in the autopsy results for Shannan and the girls and it makes perfect sense to me that the results remain sealed from the public until all witnesses are interviewed.

Last edited:
With regard to tainting witnesses, if you use Caylee Anthony's autopsy report for example, there is much information about body disposal that could have tainted a witness. Duct tape, shape of the heart sticker, the laundry bag, the trash bag, etc.

We don't know what is included in the autopsy results for Shannan and the girls and it makes perfect sense to me that the results remained sealed until all witnesses are interviewed.
I've just had a thought - do you think they have expert witnesses in mind?

I don't see confidence or cockiness either. I see stressed, scared, distracted. My first thought upon watching it (before the bodies were found) was he looked like a guy who knew the walls were closing in on him.

eta whatever he was trying to play - grief or fear for their safety - wasn't coming across. The awkward smiles and laughs (nervous laughter? wth?) and weird pride in the shirt is what I mean about being distracted/distractable. He was unfocused and so incredibly nervous.

Does he look like someone grieving the brutally tragic loss of his family? He allgedly watched his children being strangled by their mum the previous day. Does he look like someone grieving that loss?

Nervousness, yes, because he was nervous that his role was going to be found out. But grief?

We don't know what is included in the autopsy results for Shannan and the girls and it makes perfect sense to me that the results remained sealed until all witnesses are interviewed.

As with Caylee... the defense can spin all that stuff a million ways. I don't see how that taints a witness... but maybe a juror.
Oh, I agree... but I wonder why they haven't interviewed them all. Get on with it y'all.

tainting witnesses I can't figure

impacting future jurors... maybe.

I can see it, in that learning something “shocking” can taint your memory or recollection. In the Michael Peterson case for example (who killed his wife Kathleen), Kathleen’s sister spoke highly of him and of the couples relationship in her interviews with Police. Once she learned that he had had gay affairs everything changed for her. She 100% believed he was guilty and her views and testimony of their relationship that she had witnessed changed. Her recollections became tainted by this new information.

At this stage in the investigation police would probably want to get “organic” (so to speak) testimony from witnesses. Once they know something “shocking” from the autopsy it could potentially taint their testimony, and not be as useful to the investigation (which seeks the truth)

That’s my take on it, anyway. I put “shocking” in quotes, because we have no idea what is in the autopsy. This is just an example.

Since they want footprint taken, I wonder if there are no finger prints on the bags. IMO, I think he would have worn gloves of some kind during the cleanup, dumping and burying processes.

They do already have his prints to compare from intake. But yes, he could have worn gloves for that part. Most people would be smart enough to think about fingerprints but perhaps not footprints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx