Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're good! Would he really have stepped on the bag AFTER, it was. filled?If he stepped on the bag when it was empty wouldn't it being full. empty (sorry-ugh), moved around etc., obliterate an impression? Isn't it. More likely he dropped the empty bag at the site and then stepped on it? If so, why barefoot? Why barefoot at home, doing what he must have been doing?
Could have held the bag down with his foot for some reason like if it was windy

I've only seen speculation about how NUA knew, nothing concrete. Not sure if this has been brought up, but what I'm wondering is where were the girls going to be while Shanann went to her appointment? Would she have taken them with her? Perhaps NAU was going to watch the girls while SW was at the OB? She might have even offered to meet them there and keep the girls occupied in the waiting room while SW had her ultrasound. That could explain how she knew SW missed her appointment. Pure speculation and JMO.

I believe NUA called SWs mom and mom called the doctor's office and found out SW had not shown up. NUA was supposed to meet SW after the appt for lunch I believe. Don't quote me on this

If the results are sealed, then permission needs to be sought from the court for any release. The defence would request an order from the court (judge) for the release to them (the defence) of the autoposy report. However, that release would not mean that the defence can then release them to the public. Does that make sense?

Yes... but why in the world would the defense not get the autopsy reports?

If the prosecution needs more time... I understand.
If it benefits the defense... that is another story/theory.

Once again... did they ask to delay or seal.
I thought the point was to get more interviews done.
That doesn't mean seal to public.
sorry, they asked to seal. I've pasted the motion below for you.

1.Coroner’s autopsy reports are public records subject to disclosure through procedures set forth in the Open Records Act and C.R.S. 24-72-201 et seq. Freedom Newspapers, Inc. v. Bowerman, M.D., 739 P.2d 881 (Colo.App.1987).

2. Disclosure of autopsy reports may be denied where a court finds it would do substantial injury to the public interest. Id. at 883; C.R.S. 24-72-204(6)(a). The custodian of the records bears the burden of proving that disclosure may cause such injury. Denver Post Corp. v. Univ. of Colorado, 739 P.2d 874 (Colo.App.1987).

3. The deceased victims in the instant case, Shanann Watts, Bella Watts and Celeste Watts were murdered and their bodies moved from the initial crime scene. There is a great deal of interest surrounding this case and at this time, the cause of the deaths has not been made public. Consequently, the observations and findings contained in the coroner’s autopsy report will be critical evidence at trial. The disclosure of this information to the public prior to trial could result in tainting witnesses that have not yet been interviewed and impacting future jurors.

WHEREFORE, the People respectfully request this Court issue an Order finding that disclosure of the contents of the coroner’s autopsy report in this case would do substantial injury to public interest thereby permitting the coroner to deny any such request made pursuant to the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) and C.R.S. 24-72-201 et. seq. Respectfully submitted this _17th__ day of September 2018.

But they were not playing games... they 'said' they hadn't interviewed or completed some investigatory process so didn't want to release. Yet?

People are framing this as the prosecution is hiding something from the defense, when I don't think that's true. The prosecution's motion cited a case that held autopsy results are public record. Then they cited a case saying the results may be withheld from public release for certain reasons, like for the public good. They then asked for them to be sealed due to the ongoing investigation while witness interviews are conducted and to avoid juror prejudice. They are asking for the record to be sealed. The record can be "unsealed" by the court at a future time, likely before trial. Even if the record is sealed, the parties to the case will have access to it. As I said, it will be a court record even if it is not a public record.

The defence will get the reports. One of the verified attorneys up post explained that it is only release to the public that is an issue.

I believe NUA called SWs mom and mom called the doctor's office and found out SW had not shown up. NUA was supposed to meet SW after the appt for lunch I believe. Don't quote me on this

I've seen that speculated, I'm not sure if there is a MSM source confirming it.

For me, I want to understand how a marriage/life that seemed so perfect, could have ended this way. If SW was lying to herself (and Facebook) by presenting a happy, loving, successful family life when inside she was really suffering, I feel so badly for her. Did she have no one to talk to truthfully? Her family and friends seemed to have loved her and yet knew very little about what she may have been going through. It’s such a tragedy and we all want to understand why this happened. I am not blaming SW for her murder, as there is no justification for that.

I genuinely think SW believed what she posted for the most part, and I think as far as she knew everything was fine, with the exception of the last few weeks when she reported to friends that he seemed distant, less interested in the kids, and “not the usual Chris”.

I still think she was blindsided, completely.

The only thing that throws me off, is the hairdresser in NC. But no one else has backed that up the notion that SW had said they were separating. So I don’t know how reliable the hairdresser is, or if a reporter was mistaken.. no one else has verified that story.

Did we ever find out if the tanks were heated? There are several ways to determine TOD. Liver temperature for instance, but if the tanks were heated, that probably wouldn't work.

Insect activity is also used as an indicator to TOD. I doubt there were any insects in the oil tanks, though. It seems like a really good place to hide a body if you didn't want anyone to know when the victim died.

All of that makes me wonder if he really did kill them before Shanann got home and that's why he chose to put them in the tanks instead of burying them with their mother.
I talked to a man that used to work oil tanks, granted this was a long time ago but he said back then no, they were not heated, not thick like crude tar oil. Again it was a long time ago since he did that job.

For me, I want to understand how a marriage/life that seemed so perfect, could have ended this way. If SW was lying to herself (and Facebook) by presenting a happy, loving, successful family life when inside she was really suffering, I feel so badly for her. Did she have no one to talk to truthfully? Her family and friends seemed to have loved her and yet knew very little about what she may have been going through. It’s such a tragedy and we all want to understand why this happened. I am not blaming SW for her murder, as there is no justification for that.
I want to understand it too. Friends have described them as loving - always kissing and hugging - until recently. If they were facing financial trouble - when exactly did it start and/or become a serious issue? When did CW's affair with the co-worker begin and how serious was it? Is there any truth to the other hook-ups/affairs or whatever you want to call them?

It's clear that there were rumblings of a separation. My heart hurts for Shanann because I believe she truly loved CW and wanted to keep her family together. Even if she was drowning in the river of De Nile, I see no reason to crucify her for that. I think placing blame on any murder victim is disgraceful and I pray that her family has a good victim's advocate. MOO

It is incorrect that the defense wouldn't get the autopsy reports. They don't need to ask permission from the court if the reports are sealed, in order to have access to them. The defense has access to all sealed documents.

Could have held the bag down with his foot for some reason like if it was windy

If the bag is related to the case. Still an if for now. I see it like this: CW is at home and barefoot. He has three bodies on his hands plus whatever other evidence. He gathers some kind of bags, maybe garbage bags, and brings them upstairs. He tosses them on the floor while he goes about gathering up whatever it is he’s going to place inside (I think it may be one or both of the girls) In that process, he inadvertently steps on one in his bare feet. Then all of it ends up at the disposal site. Clearly just my opinion.

It would be very risky to kill the kids before she arrives home but definitely possible. I'm leaning toward this as well. I have to wonder if Chris was tracking the flight or the weather in the areas around AZ. That could be telling

I’m still leaning that way too.

CW mentioned the flight was delayed due to “storms around the nation” in one of his porch interviews.

I genuinely think SW believed what she posted for the most part, and I think as far as she knew everything was fine, with the exception of the last few weeks when she reported to friends that he seemed distant, less interested in the kids, and “not the usual Chris”.

I still think she was blindsided, completely.

The only thing that throws me off, is the hairdresser in NC. But no one else has backed that up the notion that SW had said they were separating. So I don’t know how reliable the hairdresser is, or if a reporter was mistaken.. no one else has verified that story.

Yes that's interesting. What's also interesting is it seems IMO like Chris didn't know about the doctor's appt SW had that Monday. I would understand him not going but I would think he would at least know about it if things were ok with them. So it makes me wonder if she purposefully didn't tell him about it.

Edited for duplicate quote.
I've only seen speculation about how NUA knew, nothing concrete. Not sure if this has been brought up, but what I'm wondering is where were the girls going to be while Shanann went to her appointment? Would she have taken them with her? Perhaps NAU was going to watch the girls while SW was at the OB? She might have even offered to meet them there and keep the girls occupied in the waiting room while SW had her ultrasound. That could explain how she knew SW missed her appointment. Pure speculation and JMO.
JMO, but I concur that she was involved in some manner with the appointment. Am I dreaming that she also told NUA that she would be needing her in the future?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member