Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that was the dynamic...
and possibly a factor in what happened.
Dressing in same clothes, mugging for the camera, being a part of the shots like a sort of prop.
Maybe he was just sick of it all and couldn't handle it.
Yes, maybe he was, so why not act like a man and put a stop to it or just walk away.

I am somewhat confused by AB. She states that CW put the bodies in the bed of the pickup. However, I thought CW said that he put them in the backseat. A few threads back I questioned how he put all three bodies in the backseat. The truck is a supercab model that has those little back doors.

I think AB is somewhat confused by AB too, haha

I am finding to take everything she claims very lightly at first. Whew

I've only seen speculation about how NUA knew, nothing concrete. Not sure if this has been brought up, but what I'm wondering is where were the girls going to be while Shanann went to her appointment? Would she have taken them with her? Perhaps NAU was going to watch the girls while SW was at the OB? She might have even offered to meet them there and keep the girls occupied in the waiting room while SW had her ultrasound. That could explain how she knew SW missed her appointment. Pure speculation and JMO.
with her huge social circle of friends and customers, for all we know someone at the obgyn is on Thrive and contacted NAU wondering why she missed her appt.

I guess not that night... haha
Last night an ex-DA (I think) from CO was on her show with a weird voice. He was the one who said the prosection was likely just making sure all their t's were crossed and i's dotted.
In this case, I really want all the t's crossed and i's dotted because we do not want this SOB/ off on some crappy technicality.

Yes, maybe he was, so why not act like a man and put a stop to it or just walk away.
He should have for sure.
Some men are cowards, or bullies, or even psychotic.
Some are just plain mean... some want what they want and don't give a poo about anything else. I don't know really.

I know this post is from a few pages ago but I can't agree more. The fact is, some people are just more likable than others. In life, there are going to be people who rub us the wrong way. Someone that you find really engaging and warm may come off to me as calculating and fake. It is totally subjective and just a fact of life. None of it has anything to do with whether someone should have been killed. The tendency to find "bad victims" is so dangerous for us as a society. There's a reason marginalized women and women in disadvantaged groups are so much less likely to come forward and report a crime. If people will find fault with a married stay-at-home mom battling chronic illness trying to support her family, what would they have to say about a sex worker or recovering addict? It is shameful and I hope people think twice before participating in victim blaming. It is not a game. No one deserves to be brutally murdered.

Powerful words, thank you. It breaks my heart.

I wonder why the autopsies would be thought to sway people... but those interviews and the confession wouldn't.
Just MOO but the autopsy findings and photos will be pretty gut-wrenching and visceral with awful details of how the victims were killed and what happened to their bodies after being placed in crude oil and a shallow grave. The contents would be all over the media and possibly taint potential jurors.

I wonder why the autopsies would be thought to sway people... but those interviews and the confession wouldn't.

I think because autopsies are done by an expert and it's more concrete where the interviews are up for interpretation and the confession has a caveat whereby he placed blame on SW

ETA- And what @nwmouse said as well^^

Just MOO but the autopsy findings and photos will be pretty gut-wrenching and visceral with awful details of how the victims were killed and what happened to their bodies after being placed in crude oil and a shallow grave. The contents would be all over the media and possibly taint potential jurors.
I understand that... but if you think about it all murders are horrible.
CO ruled that autopsies should be public... so why would this be different than others?
I don't even see why it would taint a juror... who is only supposed to judge the evidence presented at trial. In fact, they are ordered to.

I'm glad he was on there. He was highly regarded and a BIG deal in Colorado for many years. He had his own talk show on AM radio, as well was a guest on many other talk shows all the time for his legal experience. Also was a legal expert for one or two or all the Denver news channels. (no doubt you noticed his distinctive voice). Obviously I have a lot of faith in him and when he said "He's Lying!" in reference to CW to AB, I'm convinced. Also I thought it was interesting he focused more on a capital case.
I didn't see it. Was it David Beller?

I don't see any grief either. And that is one of the main reasons I don't believe his version of the story.

He said that he saw SW strangling the baby, and in a fit of rage, he strangled her, killing his unborn child. How grief stricken would a man be, to see his 2 girls strangled to death, and then to be forced to kill his unborn son nd his wife?

But the next day, we see a nervous jumpy, but smiley man, who made small talk about his favorite shirt. Not a broken, grief stricken man, like we saw when SW's father spoke.
and @Tippy Lynn, my first impression was he looked like a scared little boy. You know, like when you see a lost kid in a store, the facial expression? The other thing that stood out to me was he just looked so alone by himself, infront of that big, empty, quiet house. Grr.

Do we know the dates CW was in NC?
Or the date he deleted his FB?

TIA!

Hello,
I'm new to Websleuths - and as a short "warning" I'm not a native speaker.

I'm following this case from the beginning. My theory was/is that CW was always in the background perhaps not a great talker and kept maybe many things to himself. He would eventuelly never communicate to Shannan that he was hurt by her words or her any of her actions (just as an example!!). But he felt more and more anger towards her.
Yes of course he probably never loved her but if he did I could imagine that his feelings towards her faded slowly away but he simply never told her - maybe to avoid any arguments. Just choosing the easisest way ("out"). Because of this "unstable" relationship he was open towards many affairs. Shannan thought she had found the man of her life and had no clue she and her babies were in serious danger.

I just thought that he might have had really fallen in love with one of his affairs and on his mind he was already checking out of the marriage with Shannan but only *in his mind*. He might have told the AP "we are going to seperate" while playing the perfect husband und father at home just to avoid stress and discussions. At least until a few weeks prior the murders. I also believe that his AP somehow learned that Shannan was pregnant again. While he might have told her that they had nothing to do with each other anymore (except for the children). Now the AP knew that they were still "active" (you know what I mean ) and this might have been a big problem to her. She felt betrayed and wanted probably to end the affair which she believed would turn out someday as a real "relationship" between them two. (On the interview he mentioned that they had talked about a separation. One of my first thoughts was that this was directed to his AP)

I always thought that this could have lead him to kill his entire family. Either to get rid of them as soon as possible or to even "punish" them for being in his way after an argument with the AP. And because of his lack of communication he might have felt like a bird in the cave... But this is just *my theory*.

If it just had been because of Shannan being "bossy" or too dominant I really doubt the kids would have been dead by now. Of course there is still the possibilty that they just witnessed the murder of her mother. But I find this more unlikly because if there had been any loud noises besides the barking dog which caused the girls to wake up I think the neighbours had heard them as well.

This is such a tragic… all had the live ahead of them. Even CW. How could anybody hurt this wunderful little girls with their cute pigtails and than placing them in crude oil - alone in dark oil / gas tanks. I just can't understand how this was a possibilty to him. And I never will no matter what might have really happend that night or the days/weeks/months/years prior. They will never see the sunlight again or listen to their favorite song on the radio.... never eat their favorite food doing things they liked. I feel so unbelieveable sorry for all of them.

I think that the nitty gritty details of how these three (four) people lost their lives is going to be much tougher to take than the interviews or a confession that no doubt minimized the violence they experienced.

I find autopsy reports pretty hard to read. I often avoid them. When I do read one, I just try to tell myself that the victim deserves to have people know what they went through.

Also, practically, the prosecution can't "unrelease" interviews and statements that have been already broadcast throughout the media. They can only try to prevent the dissemination of information that is under their control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman