Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned that back many threads ago as I noticed that too. It reminded me of the case in Bonita Springs where they call the alarm company to see how long the door was open, when the door code was changed, Etc. I was thinking if it shows how long the door was open that morning, was he really just loading tools from his garage to his truck, or was he going in and out of that door and left that door open for a lot of minutes?
Could well be a good indicator!

I can't speak for anyone else but it's not about disbelieving the evidence, it's about how one interprets it. Some see smiling, preening, and a whole other manner of emotions in the interviews with CW, while others see anxiety, remorse and fear.

As with the SM videos some see controlling behaviour, others just playful ribbing. It doesn't mean we are wrong for seeing things a certain way. It's life, we are all unique and have our own thoughts and feelings and in this case we are allowed to express them.
You’re absolutely right, those interpretations are entirely subjective.

But there are things here that are objective fact:

CW lied about not knowing where the kids were.

He by his own admission, killed his wife.

He admitted to dumping the bodies of his kids in oil tanks, and burying Shanann in a shallow grave.

But then we get subjective again when we determine for ourselves, what this evidence means.

Some say that despite all of this, he could (suddenly) be telling the truth.

I’m in the camp that believes that there’s no way in hell that he is.

I can't speak for anyone else but it's not about disbelieving the evidence, it's about how one interprets it. Some see smiling, preening, and a whole other manner of emotions in the interviews with CW, while others see anxiety, remorse and fear.

As with the SM videos some see controlling behaviour, others just playful ribbing. It doesn't mean we are wrong for seeing things a certain way. It's life, we are all unique and have our own thoughts and feelings and in this case we are allowed to express them.

I agree. Wholeheartedly with the not only allowance but right to express different views from the norm.

But I haven't yet seen an expression of an explanation or theory for why CW would find Bella. And CeCe strangled, actually witness it, and not call 911.

I have not yet seen an expression of an explanation or theory for why CW would instead strangle and murder Shanann and unborn Nico.

I have not yet seen an expression of an explanation or theory for why CW would then put the dead bodies of his family in the back of his truck, dump CeCe and Bella in oil tanks and throw dirt over Shanann and Nico.

Then give that porch interview.

All I've had access to is what CW himself has presented and confessed to.

JMO

I just had a wild thought...what if there isn't a footprint on the bag that was found (?)...and they want his "inked" footprint because he "strangled" SW by stepping on her throat while she was on the ground; thus killing her. Maybe there are marks on her throat that look like footprints and they want to compare them. This may be way out in left field...but thought I'd throw it out there. jmo

I've read so many news article on this case and one of them said they interviewed a friend of CW who knew him back in NC and he said CW was easy-going and laid back and wouldn't hurt a fly. IMO she said something to him that put him in a rage. I think she said she was going to leave him IMO

I just had a wild thought...what if there isn't a footprint on the bag that was found (?)...and they want his "inked" footprint because he "strangled" SW by stepping on her throat while she was on the ground; thus killing her. Maybe there are marks on her throat that look like footprints and they want to compare them. This may be way out in left field...but thought I'd throw it out there. jmo
That would mean that the prosecution motion is a lie (no chance). In that document, it states the reason they want that footprint, and it has to do with the bag.

So you are suggesting it's possible he was physically abusive to SW and the girls and that's why he never lost his temper in public, or never losing his temper in public might hint at physical abuse no one else saw?

Because many people never lose their temper in public, or get angry in front of other people. I don't believe it's a red flag that hints at them being physically abusive behind closed doors. I have also know abusers who often lost their temper in public, yelling at waiters or people standing in line, customer service reps, etc., or getting angry and yelling at their spouse in a public setting. That's more of a red flag, IMO.

It's unreasonable, IMO, to say people not losing their temper is some kind of red flag. It's acting like a reasonable, respectable adult.

I think there might be something left out of your closing statement.

I said I saw that description as a red flag, because in this particular case, this was not someone who acted like a reasonable respectable adult.

This was someone who has admitted to strangling his pregnant wife, killing her and his unborn child. And then, instead of calling for help for the other unresponsive children, he covered up the entire tragic incident, and disposed of the bodies in a vat of crude oil.

So with that behavior in mind, it is a red flag to say he was never the type to get angry, and over react.

If I am going to wonder if he was capable of 'snapping'---and I am told he never shows anger---yet he was apparently being treated horribly and belittled and bossed around for 8 yrs, without showing anger--then it is a red flag in my opinion---and makes it more likely that he could explode at some point.

Agree @Allabouttrial, and the saving grace in all of this debate, questioning and angst is that despite all our unique individual opinions, interpretations and disagreements, the evidence is going to do what we can't on WS and prove one way or another without a doubt as to what happened to this family and hopefully why it happened. jmo

I do not think any prosecutor would lie on a court document and say that that is the reason, that the justification is because they have a print on a non porous bag, and be lying.

You’re absolutely right, those interpretations are entirely subjective.

But there are things here that are objective facts.

CW lied about not knowing where the kids were.

He by his own admission, killed his wife.

He admitted to dumping the bodies of his kids in oil tanks, and burying Shanann in a shallow grave.

But then we get subjective again when we determine for ourselves, what this evidence means.

Some say that despite all of this, he could (suddenly) be telling the truth.

I’m in the camp that believes that there’s no way in hell that he is.
Absolutely and you have every right not to believe what you think is the truth. Until I see more physical evidence I will continue to look into the facets of their life. If the physical evidence proves beyond doubt CW killed the girls, then so be it.

I agree 100%. Not losing your temper in public is being a reasonable, respectable adult and there's nothing negative about it. In addition, there's been nothing to indicate CW was abusive to SW or the girls prior to this. jmo

Other than the fact that he was lying to her and having an ongoing affair, while she was pregnant with a child he agreed to have.

Loading them up in the back of your truck, dumping them in oil and throwing dirt over them is not the reaction most would have.

If I put myself in his position... I would try to get my partner away from the kid no matter how. But I wouldn't waste any time more on him. To safe my child would be my first goal. Strangulation takes several (important) minutes! While he could have called for help and tried to resuscitate the girls.

And even if your child was obviously killed during the attack would a loving parent accept that fact immediately? I think there is a big chance that you would try and try and try to resuscitate even if your head knows it's too late your heart would probably not allow you to letting go... unlikely you would search too soon for a possibilty to "get rid" of your dead babies bodys by putting them in crude oil.
If his story would have been true I would have aspected him holding the lifeless bodies of his children in his arms until the paramedics arrive. Crying or showing at least some kind of emotion.

But in all those vids and the critiscm of her, there is none for him although he is participating in them.
Why not criticise him for not comforting them or squirting or pie facing them?
Idk, it's possible he didn't intervene because he didn't want to face the wrath. I didn't see anything with him initiating roughness or impatience with the kids. IMO

If I put myself in his position... I would try to get my partner away from the kid no matter how. But I wouldn't waste any time more on him. To safe my child would be my first goal. Strangulation takes several (important) minutes! While he could have called for help and tried to resuscitate the girls.

And even if your child was obviously killed during the attack would a loving parent accept that fact immediately? I think there is a big chance that you would try and try and try to resuscitate even if your head knows it's too late your heart would probably not allow you to letting go... unlikely you would search too soon for a possibilty to "get rid" of your dead babies bodys by putting them in crude oil.
If his story would have been true I would have aspected him holding the lifeless bodies of his children in his arms until the paramedics arrive. Crying or showing at least some kind of emotion.
Exactly. He did several things that defy reason. His scenario doesn’t only fail to hold water, it is insane.

Other than the fact that he was lying to her and having an ongoing affair, while she was pregnant with a child he agreed to have.
Yup, which denotes sneaky behavior imho. And when one is sneaky and lies it shows poor character. So how can he expect a jury to believe his version of events when he's a known liar, cheater and murderer of his pregnant wife, by his own admission -- he admitted killing her.

I mentioned that back many threads ago as I noticed that too. It reminded me of the case in Bonita Springs where they call the alarm company to see how long the door was open, when the door code was changed, Etc. I was thinking if it shows how long the door was open that morning, was he really just loading tools from his garage to his truck, or was he going in and out of that door and left that door open for a lot of minutes?
To prove that he wasn't in the garage for tools is not necessary. He has admitted he was putting their bodies in the trucks. We know they were not tools.
It may show, however just when he put the bodies in the garage.

Idk, it's possible he didn't intervene because he didn't want to face the wrath. I didn't see anything with him initiating roughness or impatience with the kids. IMO
And in fear of facing the wrath... according to his confession to killing Shanann and unborn Nico... he was so abused and debilitated that he couldn't call 911 and save his babies and chose murder instead?

Edited to add he did not say he was abused or debilitated in the affidavit. Just that he went into a rage and ultimately strangled Shanann thus killing her and unborn Nico.

IMO, CW is completely void of any emotion, good or bad. It’s as if he has gone through life merely existing, not being cruel or mean to others, just not caring about forming attachments with other people. I don’t see him as a narcissist or psychopath, just empty. He’s been described as shy, quiet, studious, serious, etc. but nothing about being aggressive, cruel, impulsive, spiteful, or mean.

Where are his friends from childhood, parents of childhood friends, school friends, and neighbors growing up? I know labeling him one way or another doesn’t matter now but I’m struggling with the “why”.

I didn’t either. And it’s possible that up until he squeezed the life out of his wife and kids, they had never seen that side of him, which is especially bone chilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan