Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing these over from the last thread, I wanted to say that I agree with you. I made the mistake of clicking on MSM article comments and there was a lot of viciousness directed towards her and 99% of the comments were from women. I don't think I can expand on what was said without breaking TOS, but I was out of there in 2 minutes flat.

If that is a hint of what a fraction of the general public feels in a blame the victim sort of way, I don't blame the prosecution for wanting to seal everything possible until trial. Finding completely impartial jurors on either side might be difficult enough. JMO.
Its going to be an interesting trial. I'm wondering if the District Attorney will seek the DP?

I just read the Motion for Protective Order at the link that Mo Thuairim just posted at the end of the last thread. The PO refers to defendant as "she".
Colorado Judicial Branch

"The Defendant does not wish to be interviewed, contacted or questioned unless her
attorney is present.The Defendant wishes all of her contacts with state agents to take place
through her legal counsel."
Defendant wishes to exercise both her right to silence (and against self-incrimination) and her
right to counsel under the federal and state constitution."

Apologies if this has been discussed, I've tried to keep up, but did I miss something? Who is "she"?
Edit: trying to fix bad link: https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/(3) MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER.pdf

That is very strange!

ETA- Especially because it's not just once that it happens, it's a few times in that document. Makes me wonder if it was done on purpose

I just deleted 6 long paragraphs because I realized that it doesn’t matter how we interpret their lives, their choices, their personalities, or how they felt about each other. SW and her kids were murdered (IMO) by the one person who should have been their protector. Endstop. While the case seems convoluted now I have a feeling everything will be cut and dry at the trial/conviction. I just hope SW’s family learns the why. This is what we all really want to know....the WHY?!

As to the bolded, she is being analyzed more then him because some want to prove that she was the one that snapped and killed the kids. So if it can be shown that she 'cruelly attacked' the children with whipped cream, squirt bottles and Santa's lap, then they are making headway. JMO

I do feel some of this is carefully "suggested" tactic by the defense.

Sequestration would be bad for justice in this case, IMO. It is punishment for a jury - at least if it is more complete sequestration. Juries not able to go home and spend time in their own environment and with loved ones, could want to avoid a sentencing phase.

No doubt the defense will want them to be sequestered.

I'm not sure. If Colorado has a moritorium of implenting the DP, what is the point? Plus the costs of the appeal process, it seems a waste of money and resource to me.
They rarely sentence people to death there, and even then, don’t carry it out with any regularity (1997 being the last). It gives the DA leverage in this case, which is always a great thing to have in forcing a plea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman