Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@britelite said BBM

Seems to me a video just gone wrong. Things didn't go as Shanann planned, and she may not have handled it like some of us may have... in hindsight.

It would have been nice to see CW play the role of dad and comfort his girls during that video, and show some sort of emotional engagement about what was happening. jmo

I replied

Do you not feel that CW was accommodating SW though?. Like you say this had possibly been planned beforehand. Maybe he just didn't want to let her down?

@britelite said

I have not said that it was possibly planned beforehand.

I have not said that at all.

I said in the post that you are referring to that it would have been nice to have seen CW play the role of father and comfort his daughters in the Santa video.

Please correctly quote my texts in context as I do when I respond to posts. Said with kindness and respect.

If all that that you say is true, then in my opinion C.W. is a very weak man. Not a man, a child. Not only did he destroy his life, he destroyed hers. If you have a problem you don’t fake it, you speak up. You can’t have a functioning marriage if you don’t. I don’t sympathize with him. With all the positive things SW said about him, how could he possibly say he did nothing right in her eyes? And that little girl singing, “My Daddy is a hero?” What father wouldn’t melt after seeing his daughter sing that song to him? We can’t blame SW for being disappointed in him. I wouldn’t want to have to live on $60,000 per year with 2 kids.. I’d be pushing my husband, too, and myself.

I believe it was stated in the bankruptcy that CW made $60,000, but that was a few years ago. I don't believe we know his current earnings. jmo

BBM

Oh I'm sorry to hear some of you feel this way! Truly.

I ask this sincerely- do you guys really think it's been a free for all here against SW? B/c JMO it really hasn't been. I've been following and posting for several weeks. Compared to what some people are saying (and I'm only looking at just some of the comments on open boards elsewhere) I feel like WS folks who are willing to explore CW's version of events have for the large majority been really respectful. Totally JMO.

I would be curious as to thoughts on how as a group we would be able to discuss the defense strategy (aka CW's version of events) without offending some people.
I was getting the impression that some actually do believe that CW murdered the girls but were just looking to nitpick and make unfair assumptions about SW being a bad mother and wife. JMO

IMO, these posters were exploring CW's version of events without victim blaming:
(Sorry I haven't figured out how to multi-quote)

@Shekkiec
in my opinion CW did not think he had a lot of time to clean crime scene when he got back from working a shift at work all day and getting calls about where his wife was. Her schedule was high demand, if anything time worked against him. There is zero evidence he killed the girls and waited hours alone with them waiting for her to come home immediately kill her wait another three hours ,not cleaning or getting rid of evidence not staging a scene she left but just sitting waiting and then leave at 515 am. IMO this crime happened at about 4 am the time he usually got up for work noted by many sm posts. It to me happened from her fear of losing everything. She found out about AP. She reacted in the worst way ever by taking the one thing she could do to hurt him. She was losing her home,her income,her security, her image . He was moving on by separation. . He had zero to gain by her murder. No life insurance, no alimony he owed, and Colorado divorce laws distribute fairly.

@DAdvocate
Alright a few things stick out to me watching that video. For those wondering, it’s the 30 minute video on her FB.

1. Her tone changed when she had to tell the child to say hi for a second time.
2. She looked as though she had been crying.
3. She seemed sad or depressed to me.

It’s almost like the six week trip was to spend some final time with her family. I think she may have killed her children. IMO

While I agree with much of your sentiments, and I do want to welcome you to the group, I will also say that you are new to WS. And many members have followed many tragic cases here--OFTEN, involving sexual abuse of children.

So it is not that out of hand for someone to consider it a possibility. Killing one's family is an extreme circumstance. So it often comes as a reaction to an extreme motive, such as needing to cover up sexual abuse. Some have said that was the main motive in the deaths of Captain McDonald's family too.
I hear you. But she posted that, IMO, for her family and friends. Who by no accounts that we have seen have come forward with allegations of SA. Not for public speculation on her kids having fun and being "weird". Seems like she just saw it as a fun joyous day to share.

Just made me sad to see the kids brought into it like that. Seemed salacious and unnecessary. jmo

With all due respect, sexual abuse usually happens in furtive secrency between the perpetrator and victim. Most family and friends do not know.

It would be salacious and unnecessary to analyze that video if those little girls hadnt been murdered. If the statistic is 1 in 4 female children are sexually abused, then who's to say they never were? I know thats a scary statistic but its definitely a more common occurrence than many like to accept. Its 1 in 6 for male children. In fact, its almost too common to consider it as a motive as the majority are abused but not murdered. Unless, perhaps, caught in the act by a loving and protective mother, as i feel Shannan was. IMO, though it had crossed my mind in the early days of this case, I dont believe these girls were abused like that.

How does that work with seeing the children?
They would have had to had an agreement in place before she moved. My ex and I lived in different states for awhile after we divorced and when I moved it involved a mediator, lawyers, and another meeting with the judge. Even though basically nothing changed from our original agreement!

Could it be possible that the kids would have gotten out of bed at all when she got home to see Mommy? Have a snack maybe? Got to the bathroom? Or do you think she would only just go in to kiss them and say goodnight and the kids would not want to wake up, and if they did, mom would say no, go back to bed?
I think that that is why she took her shoes off at the door, because she did not want to wake anyone.

MyBelle said:
CW did seem to be willing to play his role in the videos. I still don't understand the need or the point of live streaming the Santa video. I would have zero interest in interrupting my family's special time in order to watch a co-worker's kids cry, pout and hide.
JMO

Hi @MyBelle, I am almost certain that the CW Santa video with SW and their girls was live for her parent's only in NC. I don't believe in this particular live video instance that anyone else was included in the live feed just her parent's.

No, her parents were on the phone facetiming which is why SW needed both their phones. She face-timed with one and live-streamed with the other.

This is the size of the hole in the tank. It took four hours to drain and I’m posting a photo of the door the recovery people had to enter to retrieve their bodies.

<modsnip: Images removed due to no link. All images require links.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Being the boss is not a bad thing. There is quite often a stronger person in the marriage and it does not have to be the man.
Both my sisters are the strong people in their marriages and one had a long and happy marriage for 60 years. Nothing would have got done if my brother in law were the boss.
A lovely man but disorganised and seemingly unable to keep to any ordered routines.

@Jennifer17, Every marriage is unique to the couple and what works successfully for one marriage may not for another marriage. IMO, I don't personally think one person should be deemed "the boss" or the "stronger person" in a marriage. That seems like an equality and an imbalance within the relationship. We don't know for sure where SW and CW head space was at with regards to SW being the boss and the stronger person versus CW.

No case is exactly the same as the next. Susan Smith's boyfriend had rejected her. Marilyn Lemak's husband had already moved out of the house. It won't surprise me if SW killed her children in this case. Rejection has resulted in violence in too many cases to pretend it never happens. JMO
Since it would not surprise you if SW killed her children, I would love to hear your thoughts on the defense. How do they explain away that they both lost their minds in a rage to murder in one night? That he dumped not only his beloved children but his only evidence to prove his innocence in tanks of crude oil? That he sent texts and called his dead wife that morning? That he asked us, the public, to commit resources to find his missing family when he knew they were dead? That he showed no signs of despair and grief? That he committed to do multiple media interviews to lie? Who is innocent and commits very serious felonies to cover up for their innocence?

For me, some of the frustration/feeling that it’s been a bit of a free for all against SW is that I don’t believe she and CW are “equal suspects”. LE doesn’t appear to view them as equal suspects either.

The state accuses CW because he has confessed to killing his wife and unborn son. He’s confessed to doing a series of truly inexplicable and awful things in order to hide the disappearance of his entire family. He’s confessed to lying about all of it.

The only person who accuses SW is her husband. Coincidentally, he has a great deal to gain from that accusation.

I would never deny anyone the right to look at all the facts. I hope everyone wants that. But I cannot look at these two people and say they stand on equal ground as suspects in what happened that night. JMO.

“But I cannot look at these two people and say they stand on equal ground as suspects in what happened that night. JMO.“

My guess is that the police would agree with this as well, jmo.

Can't copy the originals connected posts about CW Santa video properly so I just want to throw out there that maybe the reason CW did not react in the Santa video was because he didn't want to let the girls know it was him in the Santa suit and maybe CW thought that SW would be not want him to either.

I missed that. I have to rewatch!

Just rewatched and did see her point and say”No”. I’m sure they got sick of the camera. I took a lot of photos & videos of my kids when they were growing up and they weren’t shy about telling me to stop.
Maybe. I suppose it could have been anything. But in the context of the topic it struck me as maybe a little worrisome. Ps...Those kids were probably so used to mommy taking their pics and videos (all the time it seems) I sort of doubt they would complain about being filmed. Probably very normal to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper