Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What reason would she have for lying though? We saw the CW "peanut" post, indicating he appeared delighted that SW was carrying a son. That is evidence enough that he was onboard with the pregnancy.
I don’t view the videos as proof of anything, even CW being happy that there was another baby on the way.

Perhaps he was. Perhaps he changed his mind. Perhaps he didn’t care, because he already had a plan in mind.

We’ll likely never know.

I'm split. The defense already filed a motion accusing the prosecution of leaks and not controlling state and LE employees who apparently talked to the media. My first inclination was that the state was just being proactive in trying to get the autopsy sealed so they can say they were doing just what the defense is demanding and trying to prevent leaks. The prosecution can only try to prevent information that's in its control from being leaked. I think most people involved in law and law enforcement take court orders seriously. When a record is sealed, access to it is limited and not everyone who works for the state would have open access to review it.

My other thought is the autopsy contains inflammatory information like evidence of sexual assault that could poison a jury pool. The defense will claim it was sensationalized and the case was "tried in the media" if a story like that got out. If the autopsy corroborated exactly what CW said, CW's attorneys could move to have the charges dismissed. Sealing the report would not prevent CW's attorneys from making any sort of motion or legal argument about it. It only prevents the press from getting the report.

I guess we will know more when the defense files its motion. If it was highly favorable to the defense they might oppose the prosecution's motion and say it's in the publics interest to know what happened and they see no reason to withhold it since the state believes they have the person responsible and no one is out looking for the "real killer."

The prosecution may have miscalculated and assumed the defense would go along with the motion in line with their "no leaks" campaign regardless of what the autopsy said. But if it is favorable to CW, they may want to try to publicly rebuild his credibility and they would want the report public.
Thank you for that. It helps me understand a lot of things I wasn't sure about.

Just because SW said that, doesn't make it true.
Nor does it make it untrue. From all accounts, I believe Nico was wanted.

Text husband sent his wife months before ‘killing unborn child and kids’
"Little Peanut!! Love her/him already!!!" he wrote in response to the photo she pinged to his mobile phone after looking at the tiny embryo of the child they planned to call Niko.
000000000000000.jpg
Shanann shared the exchange on her Facebook page writing: "I love Chris! He's the best dad us girls could ask for."

MOO

Nothing we don't already know, really.

Cheating husband who 'killed his wife and daughters' fails in bid to keep his jail visitors secret | Daily Mail Online

A judge has denied the request of an accused Colorado killer to keep the names of all his jail visitors under seal.

Chris Watts, who was reportedly having an affair at the time he allegedly killed his wife Shanann and their two daughters, Bella and Celeste, had submitted a request asking that the prosecution and members of the public not be allowed to learn who was seeing him in jail.

That request was denied however by the court on Monday.
Hmmmmm, I wonder what visitor he want's to keep secret?

Was it ever verified that he wanted to have a 3rd child?

I posted something way back upthread, that I found in one of those '5 facts you need to know about Chris Watts' articles.

It was a screenshot of a text that SW sent her husband from the OB office, with a pic of the new baby sonogram---

And CW replied by saying [paraphrasing from memory]:

" I love that lil peanut already'

So that makes me think he was, at one time anyway, excited and happy about the new baby.

Also, SW had posted publicly that they were trying for another baby. Would she have said that if he was against it?

It makes sense to me. If you had talked with your spouse about separating and had
and they continued to post on SM what a wonderful spouse you are and how God brought you to them, that would make me angry. It's hypocritical and cloying.

Then again, there is another possibility. Maybe he was upset most about his girlfriend seeing those posts because she didn't know you and your wife were still talking about trying to get back/stay together?

I didn't realize the visitors' logs were under seal. (I don't know one way or another).
While the specific request to enter a protection order is denied, the Weld County Sheriff’s Office is hereby ORDERED to prevent the release of information contained within Defendant’s visitor logs to anyone affiliated with the prosecution team. The Weld County Sheriff’s Office is also ORDERED to provide a sealed copy of such logs on a monthly basis to the Court by the 10th day of the following month, with August’s and September’s visitor logs submitted to the Court by October 10th, October’s visitor log submitted to the Court by November 10th, and so forth. If the prosecution moves to inspect the visitor logs, defense counsel will be required to argue in writing for redactions of items that might disclose work product. Redacted copies of the visitor logs will then be entered in the Court’s register and will be accessible to the prosecution.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...ict/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/ORDER (C15).pdf

Nothing we don't already know, really.

Cheating husband who 'killed his wife and daughters' fails in bid to keep his jail visitors secret | Daily Mail Online

A judge has denied the request of an accused Colorado killer to keep the names of all his jail visitors under seal.

Chris Watts, who was reportedly having an affair at the time he allegedly killed his wife Shanann and their two daughters, Bella and Celeste, had submitted a request asking that the prosecution and members of the public not be allowed to learn who was seeing him in jail.

That request was denied however by the court on Monday.
Nice click-bait headline. In reality, the Judge ordered the Sheriff to NOT provide the jail logs to the prosecution but to provide them to the Judge.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...ict/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/ORDER (C15).pdf

I don’t view the videos as proof of anything, even CW being happy that there was another baby on the way.

Perhaps he was. Perhaps he changed his mind. Perhaps he didn’t care, because he already had a plan in mind.

We’ll likely never know.
Its possible he didn't care/ changed his mind. I'm glad he texted her though, to say : "" I love that lil peanut already'". Good screenshot evidence. At least he appears to be onboard with the pregnancy although as we know he was rather sneaky and furtive, didn't always express his true feelings. Hopefully his statement will be admitted during trial to prove he SAID he wanted the baby, even if secretly he did not and wanted her to terminate. Then he did just that, unfortunately. MOO!

While the specific request to enter a protection order is denied, the Weld County Sheriff’s Office is hereby ORDERED to prevent the release of information contained within Defendant’s visitor logs to anyone affiliated with the prosecution team. The Weld County Sheriff’s Office is also ORDERED to provide a sealed copy of such logs on a monthly basis to the Court by the 10th day of the following month, with August’s and September’s visitor logs submitted to the Court by October 10th, October’s visitor log submitted to the Court by November 10th, and so forth. If the prosecution moves to inspect the visitor logs, defense counsel will be required to argue in writing for redactions of items that might disclose work product. Redacted copies of the visitor logs will then be entered in the Court’s register and will be accessible to the prosecution.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/ORDER (C15).pdf
Thank you Pommy, for some reason I can't open those PDFs posted on WS.

Jumping off your post -

At this point, nobody can say without a doubt that CW is a family annihilator. He might be however we don't know this as fact. This is a 'hasty generalization' logical fallacy. To avoid hasty generalizations, it's better to add a qualifier such as 'maybe' or 'sometimes'.

IMO

He did, by his own admission, annihilate at least half of his family. So it is not that hasty of a generalization.

Its possible he didn't care/ changed his mind. I'm glad he texted her though, to say : "" I love that lil peanut already'". Good screenshot evidence. At least he appears to be onboard with the pregnancy although as we know he was rather sneaky and furtive, didn't always express his true feelings. Hopefully his statement will be admitted during trial to prove he SAID he wanted the baby, even if secretly he did not and wanted her to terminate. Then he did just that, unfortunately. MOO!
I agree. As we know, this guy is as much a manipulator as he is a liar. There’s simply no way of knowing what he was thinking at the time.

AB 9/24/18
1. Whatever is contained in Autopsy Reports is causing a lot of agitation.
There are some clues in the way the reports are being handled.
2. AB has rarely found it difficult to get COD. AB producers called Prosecution Office and they were told they didn’t have Autopsy report, yet. Then AB called coroner, and it got more bizarre. Coroners Office doesn’t have it, yet, either, and can not give time line for when they’re going to have it.
3. Autopsies were probably conducted in Medical Examiners
Office. You’d think by now coroner would have something.
4. Court expressed that no one from public has expressed interest. Ashleigh Banfield is interested! AB has sent in formal requests on September 19. Received this response from coroner. “I have located the CORA request submitted by HLN in the folder that contains the numerous requests for the Watts autopsy reports. I apologize for not replying sooner. I didn’t know that your inquiry was couched in the form of a CORA request. As you may have gathered from the District courts order. We don’t have the autopsy reports yet. I don’t have a timetable right now for when we will receive the reports.”
5. It seems Prosecution wants to keep this from the public, but there’s a few laws about open records. Seems fishy. Unusual but not unheard of. Might be possible that the Defense has let out that they want to deal. Maybe in discussions. Prosecution doesn’t want to let out all the facts
yet.
6. 6 weeks since murder. COD unknown. In order to investigate LE needs to know.
7. The DA must know COD. They retrieved the bodies.
Thank you!!!

Nice click-bait headline. In reality, the Judge ordered the Sheriff to NOT provide the jail logs to the prosecution but to provide them to the Judge.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/ORDER (C15).pdf
It's not my favorite news source either, My Belle, but I'm going to continue to share any news that I come across that falls within TOS. We discussed the order you linked earlier today, but thank you anyway.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member