Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then again, there is another possibility. Maybe he was upset most about his girlfriend seeing those posts because she didn't know you and your wife were still talking about trying to get back/stay together?
If the FB delete was a little more than a week before she got back, wasn't that right when he was back there with her and the family? IE week 6 of the vacation? So maybe the FB delete was done together, and didn't relate at all to some theory about his being put out because she posted endearments to him on her own FB page. So, when was it deleted, while he was in NC with her? IMO (asked of anyone on the board, where was he on the date the FB was deleted? There should be a date, when it was deleted, and if he was in NC that day)

Last edited:
Also from AB 9/24/18:
1) Factors linking CW with a typical family annihilator
View attachment 148468

2) Reasons for family annihilations
View attachment 148469
I guess if we were to play the odds, this guy killed in a spur of the moment rage.

Of course, text messages, computer data, witness statements, and physical evidence, will either prove or disprove this here.

Nothing we don't already know, really.

Cheating husband who 'killed his wife and daughters' fails in bid to keep his jail visitors secret | Daily Mail Online

A judge has denied the request of an accused Colorado killer to keep the names of all his jail visitors under seal.

Chris Watts, who was reportedly having an affair at the time he allegedly killed his wife Shanann and their two daughters, Bella and Celeste, had submitted a request asking that the prosecution and members of the public not be allowed to learn who was seeing him in jail.

That request was denied however by the court on Monday.

Might be because of the AP?? If she/he/it is still visiting him although he confessed killing his pregnant wife I'll lose my faith in humanity.
BBM
Ugh, me too. I agree with you @LittleFleurDeLys

Does this mean that LE will not investigate CW claim that SW killed the children? Hmmm.

I have a hard time understanding how a man (or woman) could/would admit to killing their pregnant spouse and not just admitting to killing the children too? Why not? He's already a murderer. So this makes me believe there could be truth to his story. Yes, I've followed the threads, no I'm not blaming the victim, I just want to say out loud, here, why I am in the 'wait and see' camp. Everyone saying how much SW is/was a wonderful loving mom and wife, yes, she certainly appeared to be. And he appeared to be a loving father and husband too. Until this. So what really happened? We will never know. IMO. Bad things.

There is a HUGE difference between admitting he killed his babies himself, and his current admission, which is that he only killed to DEFEND HIS CHILDREN from his crazy wife that was strangling them.

There is a very big difference between those two admissions. One makes him a HERO. The other, makes him a , violent .

I posted something way back upthread, that I found in one of those '5 facts you need to know about Chris Watts' articles.

It was a screenshot of a text that SW sent her husband from the OB office, with a pic of the new baby sonogram---

And CW replied by saying [paraphrasing from memory]:

" I love that lil peanut already'

So that makes me think he was, at one time anyway, excited and happy about the new baby.

Also, SW had posted publicly that they were trying for another baby. Would she have said that if he was against it?

I think he wanted her just to believe he was happy when in reality he felt perhaps now even more trapped in his situation. But I wouldn't be suprised if he talked her into having a third child! I don't think he was a honest person. Neither to Shannan nor to his affairs maybe not even to himself... Could even be that he really believed this nonsense that a child could save a broken relationship and he just wanted it to give a try. Than he tasted five weeks of real freedom and he now knew that he couldn't return to his "old" life he secretly hated.

It's not my favorite news source either, My Belle, but I'm going to continue to share any news that I come across that falls within TOS. We discussed the order you linked earlier today, but thank you anyway.
MOO
The headline you posted is intentionally misleading. The order I just linked pertains to the headline you posted. The Defense had asked for an order prohibiting the DA from releasing the logs to the public. The Judge went further and denied the release of the logs to the DA. That's a pretty big deal because the PD has previously accused the DA of leaking. It's a win for the P.D. JMO

Well if he had killed the girls just before she had originally been expected, he would suddenly know (you'd think) that when she was so late that the evidence would show it didn't happen all at once. Something like that. IMO
IMO I'm not real sure what he did & didn't know. I'm not sure what the average person knows about those types of things. I'm not sure he even thought any of it out. The way things happened seems to indicate he didn't. When I was in my 20's & 30's I was raising children & helping my parents. I had very little time to watch or read things to do with forensics. In the last 10-15 years I have become very interested in the subject. I used to watch Investigation Discovery (I still would, but we no longer get that channel) ev.er.y.day. I went through serious withdrawals not to be able to watch it. I have binge watched Cold Case Files & Forensic files on Netflix. Anyway... all this to say I'm just not sure "what" he knew about covering up a crime. JMO MOO

While the specific request to enter a protection order is denied, the Weld County Sheriff’s Office is hereby ORDERED to prevent the release of information contained within Defendant’s visitor logs to anyone affiliated with the prosecution team. The Weld County Sheriff’s Office is also ORDERED to provide a sealed copy of such logs on a monthly basis to the Court by the 10th day of the following month, with August’s and September’s visitor logs submitted to the Court by October 10th, October’s visitor log submitted to the Court by November 10th, and so forth. If the prosecution moves to inspect the visitor logs, defense counsel will be required to argue in writing for redactions of items that might disclose work product. Redacted copies of the visitor logs will then be entered in the Court’s register and will be accessible to the prosecution.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/ORDER (C15).pdf

Well that's a partial victory for him. He will be able to consult with experts without the state knowing who.

IMO I'm not real sure what he did & didn't know. I'm not sure what the average person knows about those types of things. I'm not sure he even thought any of it out. The way things happened seems to indicate he didn't. When I was in my 20's & 30's I was raising children & helping my parents. I had very little time to watch or read things to do with forensics. In the last 10-15 years I have become very interested in the subject. I used to watch Investigation Discovery (I still would, but we no longer get that channel) ev.er.y.day. I went through serious withdrawals not to be able to watch it. I have binge watched Cold Case Files & Forensic files on Netflix. Anyway... all this to say I'm just not sure "what" he knew about covering up a crime. JMO MOO
I’m younger than him, but I’m aware of these things. I’m not sure it’s as dependent on age, as it is overall interest in the subject.

But I agree with you. People of a certain age do generally have more knowledge on a subject like this.

The headline you posted is intentionally misleading. The order I just linked pertains to the headline you posted. The Defense had asked for an order prohibiting the DA from releasing the logs to the public. The Judge went further and denied the release of the logs to the DA. That's a pretty big deal because the PD has previously accused the DA of leaking. It's a win for the P.D. JMO

The way I read that order is that the prosecution will have the opportunity (to ask) to view the visitor logs that will be supplied to the court but that defense will first have the chance (to ask) to redact anything that would reveal attorney work product, i.e. defense experts. I think. Lol. It's a very process-y order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406