Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been talking about whether CW wanted the separation or SW and that maybe one was dumping the other.
What if a mistress/gay lover dumped CW after finding out that SW was pregnant and that she and the girls hadn't moved to NC after all since they were now back in CO?
What if it was that rejection that caused CW to flip out? Maybe CW didn't want Nico and thought he'd be single again after SW and the kids moved back to NC but then a mistress told him that she was pregnant.
Just thought someone might have some inside information.

Well so much has been insinuated on the board about his deleting his own FB because, the theory goes, that he was begging her for a separation and mad cuz she kept posting a postive view of their marriage. So I was wondering when he deleted the FB page, and if he was actually with her in NC, not in CO fuming at her positive posts. IMO
Two things are important here:

The timing of the Facebook deletion

If this was a new behavior

For me, it’s only relevant if he’s never deleted his Facebook before.

Suspected Family Murderer Chris Watts Doesn't Want His Jail Visitors Revealed

In his decision, Kopcow — though he acknowledged the “confidentiality and loyalty” of those who work with defense attorneys is a “crucial element” in effective legal representation — nonetheless denied Watts’ request. (A copy of his decision was obtained by PEOPLE.)

However, Kopcow ordered the visit logs kept from prosecutors. Instead he instructed that the prosecution move to review the logs as necessary with the defense being able to seek redactions.

Was it during when all that Facebook privacy stuff was going on and maybe he deleted because of that?
It could have been a joint decision unrelated to anything. Or maybe someone was posting stuff he didn't like. Or maybe his new girlfriend asked him to. Or maybe like you say, due to online safety reasons. I just don't buy that the deletion of his facebook page means that he asked her over and over for a separation, so he deleted it because he was mad at her for having a positive view of their marriage. And that is how a few people are using that here on the board, as evidence that he asked her for a separation over and over (we learned for the first time on the affidavit, that HE SAYS he had asked her once, ie that night, not over and over), so back to my question, was he in SC with her on the date he deleted his FB? IMO

Last edited:
And yet all he had to do to regain the freedom he wanted so desperately, was to simply file for divorce. So he’d have to pay child support for the next 18 years, but wasn’t that less expensive then loosing his freedom for the rest of his life! Horrible.

Not if you think killing them and hiding them in a great spot, an oil tank is much cheaper and more convenient

Nothing we don't already know, really.

Cheating husband who 'killed his wife and daughters' fails in bid to keep his jail visitors secret | Daily Mail Online

A judge has denied the request of an accused Colorado killer to keep the names of all his jail visitors under seal.

Chris Watts, who was reportedly having an affair at the time he allegedly killed his wife Shanann and their two daughters, Bella and Celeste, had submitted a request asking that the prosecution and members of the public not be allowed to learn who was seeing him in jail.

That request was denied however by the court on Monday.

okay, I'm scratching my head. The order for protection was denied, but in my reading of it it specifically says that it is going to be allowed to be sealed. From the prosecution. And on a monthly basis the logs will go to the judge. And if the prosecution wants to see them, he will have to file a motion and it could be redacted when they receive it.

Perhaps it's semantics, but I think the article was a little bit misleading. Or at least it wasn't thorough, @gitana1 @Mrspratcher @Alethea @BillCarson

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...ict/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/ORDER (C15).pdf

Last edited:
Well so much has been insinuated on the board about his deleting his own FB because, the theory goes, that he was begging her for a separation and mad cuz she kept posting a postive view of their marriage. So I was wondering when he deleted the FB page, and if he was actually with her in NC, not in CO fuming at her positive posts. IMO
I was thinking about this today. Ok, so he deletes his account. But she can keep posting whatever she wants on hers. He needed to get her to stop posting.

If the FB delete was a little more than a week before she got back, wasn't that right when he was back there with her and the family? IE week 6 of the vacation? So maybe the FB delete was done together, and didn't relate at all to some theory about his being put out because she posted endearments to him on her own FB page. So, when was it deleted, while he was in NC with her? IMO (asked of anyone on the board, where was he on the date the FB was deleted? There should be a date, when it was deleted, and if he was in NC that day)
That would make sense that it was deleted while he was with his wife for a week, if he did not want the other women to see that they were together. Especially if he had told her she had left him. Imo

CW had Thrive posts and photos on his Instragram. I suspect that SW had his password and posted them or she wrote them and he copied and pasted them.

As I recall in earlier threads, there were questions whether SW was pretty much running CW's fb page as he was in her line with thrive. Was there ever confirmation.

I know it was stated that CW closed his fb down a week earlier. But what if SW had been doing most of the media stuff and running it for him and shut it down when she was in NC. Like a confirmation that she was removing him from her thrive business line and separating. possible?

In his decision, Kopcow — though he acknowledged the “confidentiality and loyalty” of those who work with defense attorneys is a “crucial element” in effective legal representation — nonetheless denied Watts’ request. (A copy of his decision was obtained by PEOPLE.)

However, Kopcow ordered the visit logs kept from prosecutors. Instead he instructed that the prosecution move to review the logs as necessary with the defense being able to seek redactions.
Wow, what and who does he have to hide????

How do you keep visitor lists from Prosecutors but release them to the Sheriff's dept?

AB 9/24/18
1. Whatever is contained in Autopsy Reports is causing a lot of agitation.
There are some clues in the way the reports are being handled.
2. AB has rarely found it difficult to get COD. AB producers called Prosecution Office and they were told they didn’t have Autopsy report, yet. Then AB called coroner, and it got more bizarre. Coroners Office doesn’t have it, yet, either, and can not give time line for when they’re going to have it.
3. Autopsies were probably conducted in Medical Examiners
Office. You’d think by now coroner would have something.
4. Court expressed that no one from public has expressed interest. Ashleigh Banfield is interested! AB has sent in formal requests on September 19. Received this response from coroner. “I have located the CORA request submitted by HLN in the folder that contains the numerous requests for the Watts autopsy reports. I apologize for not replying sooner. I didn’t know that your inquiry was couched in the form of a CORA request. As you may have gathered from the District courts order. We don’t have the autopsy reports yet. I don’t have a timetable right now for when we will receive the reports.”
5. It seems Prosecution wants to keep this from the public, but there’s a few laws about open records. Seems fishy. Unusual but not unheard of. Might be possible that the Defense has let out that they want to deal. Maybe in discussions. Prosecution doesn’t want to let out all the facts
yet.
6. 6 weeks since murder. COD unknown. In order to investigate LE needs to know.
7. The DA must know COD. They retrieved the bodies.

THANK YOU so much for these notes.

I think that IF the babies were strangled, both LE and the DA would have known that because there would have been tell tale bruises. And if they were smothered, I think they could have seen those signs as well.

I am 99% sure they were not shot or bludgeoned. There was no heavy duty crime scene evidence left behind as there would be if three people had been shot or beaten to death.

I guess they are testing for drugs/poisons? It is quite usual for family annihilators to drug the children so they don't have to actually see them react as they are being killed.

Also, it may be taking much longer because of the confession and the accusations made against the wife. That would require the ME to look at that scenario and possibly test for that scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member