Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the early shut down last night, I went and took a second look at a few FB videos where CW plays with the girls and also where CW and SW are laughing together over the girls. It is just amazing to me that over the years when I have heard people close to a guilty person say something to the effect that "they were such a good guy!" I always doubted that they knew what to look for or were in denial (or did not know them that well). Not that these videos show us all or anything....but it is a window to see just how genuinely normal (for lack of a better word) or even loving/caring someone can appear who could go on to commit something so horrific. If he lacked empathy all along, living that lie was Oscar winning IMO. In these snippets, it truly does not appear hollow to me.
It’s frightening to contemplate how many people are capable of this level of ongoing deception. I’ve been watching the “American Monster” series, which features home movies of those who go on to commit murder- sometimes multiple murders. And you would never guess.

While the specific request to enter a protection order is denied, the Weld County Sheriff’s Office is hereby ORDERED to prevent the release of information contained within Defendant’s visitor logs to anyone affiliated with the prosecution team. The Weld County Sheriff’s Office is also ORDERED to provide a sealed copy of such logs on a monthly basis to the Court by the 10th day of the following month, with August’s and September’s visitor logs submitted to the Court by October 10th, October’s visitor log submitted to the Court by November 10th, and so forth. If the prosecution moves to inspect the visitor logs, defense counsel will be required to argue in writing for redactions of items that might disclose work product. Redacted copies of the visitor logs will then be entered in the Court’s register and will be accessible to the prosecution.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...ict/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/ORDER (C15).pdf

Okay, I guess I'm slowly getting it. That means that the prosecution can see all the visitors, but if it's work product like experts, that can be redacted but they will have to fight for it. My question then becomes, since the prosecution has it, does it then make it public record after it's been redacted and been released to the prosecution? Sorry, I'm slow on the uptake on this one and I'm about three pages behind you guys.

I agree totally . Imo I am not a psychological profiler . I have read material on professional case studies of them but being on web sleuth does not make me one to claim I can profile someone personally . I am anxious to hear more physical evidence and testimony . I believe circumstantial evidence would not sway me personally to vote guilty . Nor would comparisons to other criminals. I myself want to understand the whole picture first. We all are different I suppose. I admire the opinions of all the attorneys on here because I imagine they all have witnessed horrible things as criminal lawyers and dealt with criminal profilers for years unlike me. I just look at things as a juror would not as a professional in the criminal system . Hopefully they can gain juror insight from me as much as I do criminal insight from them

IMO:
(1) Nobody needs to show CW is a family annihilator "without a doubt" because even the legal hurdle is "beyond a reasonable doubt" - not all doubt.
(2) You likely would not be chosen to sit on a jury if no amount of circumstantial evidence could sway you to vote guilty for someone. By the way, physical evidence can be circumstantial. Direct evidence is difficult to come by when someone tampers with evidence by hiding bodies, etc, when no one is around and kills people at home in the middle of the night.
(3) Not all verified attorneys here are criminal attorneys. There are many different kinds of attorneys, and even criminal attorneys might specialize in white collar crime (non-violent), etc. That said, yes, their input is and has been incredible!

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s relevant to me because his Le-Vel job was dependent upon his FB activity. In one of SW’s fb posts she said C.W. qualified for the Le-Vel car bonus. How? When did he have time to sell Le-Vel? Between his full time job, working out, his family obligations, and his affair where did he find the time? And with his shy personality he wasn’t exactly the salesperson type. Did C.W. lead a team?
I can’t help but feel he was somewhat forcing himself to do this Le-Vel thing. I’m sure he enjoyed getting in shape, and who doesn’t like perks. But I’m a personality that wouldn’t ever do anything where I have to put myself out there and rah rah. Just painful to me. Maybe deep down he dreaded some of the activities.

Only what was posted as "public" afaik. Basically an AP could see what we see on SW's FB. I do not know if she had private posts on FB that were only visible to FB friends.
Oh, ok, I didnt really know how that worked. I wondered if he deleted it at that time just to keep a lie going, like that his wife had left him and he didn't know where they were. If the other woman did not know their friends, he may have been able to keep it from her. Has there been any confirmation that the other woman is the one named in the press, NLK? I don't want to say too much if that is off limits. As far as I know it has not been confirmed. I know she worked with him and she is on the witness list. Do we know anything else?

I agree totally . Imo I am not a psychological profiler . I have read material on professional case studies of them but being on web sleuth does not make me one to claim I can profile someone personally . I am anxious to hear more physical evidence and testimony . I believe circumstantial evidence would not sway me personally to vote guilty . Nor would comparisons to other criminals. I myself want to understand the whole picture first. We all are different I suppose. I admire the opinions of all the attorneys on here because I imagine they all have witnessed horrible things as criminal lawyers and dealt with criminal profilers for years unlike me. I just look at things as a juror would not as a professional in the criminal system . Hopefully they can gain juror insight from me as much as I do criminal insight from them

"There is a term for people who kill their entire family; they're called family annihilators," ABC News contributor and former FBI agent Brad Garrett said. "Just because people look OK on the outside doesn't mean in reality they are."
When people kill close relatives: Explaining 'family annihilators'

Would the mistress still be able to see her posts if they weren't friends, or had no mutual friends?
Now that you mention it, it would depend on how she published each post. I can go there now & look at it, but there may be posts, etc. that were set to "friends only" that those people may be able to see that we cannot. Then there is a "friends of friends" setting & a public setting. She would have had the ability to choose this each time she posted something. So public posts the mistress could see. If the mistress happened to be FB friends with one of SW's friends then she could have seen those IF they were set to "friends of friends". Ugh... there really are endless possibilities with that....

Okay, I guess I'm slowly getting it. That means that the prosecution can see all the visitors, but if it's work product like experts, that can be redacted but they will have to fight for it. My question then becomes, since the prosecution has it, does it then make it public record after it's been redacted and been released to the prosecution? Sorry, I'm slow on the uptake on this one and I'm about three pages behind you guys.
You are not alone...
I miss the Florida sunshine laws, where you access all manner of docs every week.
It didn't hurt Casey Anthony, they still found 12 jurors from under a rock that had never read any of those docs.

YES, I remember the timing seemed to be right when he was headed to NC for a reunion with his family.

If he had just spent 5 weeks, free to spend time with his new love, then this might be a sensitive time for that relationship. The last thing he would want, is pictures taken with him and his wife and kids, having family time at the game arcade and the fairgrounds. He knew SW would be posting pix and videos and he'd be tagged in most of them.

I think that's why he deleted his account. JMO
Have we seen any actual pictures of him while he was there? I know there was one with his head behind his wife and you could not see his face, but were there any others of him?

Not if you think killing them and hiding them in a great spot, an oil tank is much cheaper and more convenient
Well, then he’s an idiot. Of all of the places to hide your dead family, a work related location is probably not the best choice. Typically, investigators check out the spouse first in matters of murder, missing person etc. Then they check out work place affairs as a possible motive. And the fact that the short amount of time that he had to get rid of the bodies, made investigators zero in on a certain radius in the area to search for the bodies. A drone located that matching bed sheet near those tanks.

Now that you mention it, it would depend on how she published each post. I can go there now & look at it, but there may be posts, etc. that were set to "friends only" that those people may be able to see that we cannot. Then there is a "friends of friends" setting & a public setting. She would have had the ability to choose this each time she posted something. So public posts the mistress could see. If the mistress happened to be FB friends with one of SW's friends then she could have seen those IF they were set to "friends of friends". Ugh... there really are endless possibilities with that....
Just easier to not have facebook kitty kat.

Maybe CW deleted his FB because he was simply tired of it. I had an account a few years ago but I deleted it. Just not my thing.

I definitely think that is how he explained it to SW. He'd have to give her some reason for suddenly leaving FB. Given the role it played in her business, she probably would have had something to say about it. Perhaps because things were already shaky with the two of them, she just decided to pick her battles and shrugged it off. Pure speculation.

I’m just speaking as a juror perspective <modsnip>, not trying to ruffle your feathers . I am saying personally I like motive. I like physical evidence and we don’t know that yet . Human emotion reaction is a tricky thing . It would not be a guilty vote for me thus far based upon him lying and probability of guilt . It would Be a guilty vote for you so I’m not here to change your opinion nor anyone’s I’m here to learn from others insight to answer the things that don’t make sense to me
The prosecution does not have to prove motive, and my mind is always wide open. But as we like to say around here, not so open that my brains fall out, lol. You haven't ruffled my feathers in the slightest, so no worries! :)

Totally MOO

I still think it's possible something happened after CW and the girls got home
from the birthday party. A tantrum or wetting the bed or soemthing and CW just
blew his stack. He already must have been stewing about the plane being late
and SW having to take a trip so soon after returning from NC.
I've worried he neglected to give asthma or other meds to the kids while he had them by himself and something happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995