Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things are important here:

The timing of the Facebook deletion

If this was a new behavior

For me, it’s only relevant if he’s never deleted his Facebook before.
It’s relevant to me because his Le-Vel job was dependent upon his FB activity. In one of SW’s fb posts she said C.W. qualified for the Le-Vel car bonus. How? When did he have time to sell Le-Vel? Between his full time job, working out, his family obligations, and his affair where did he find the time? And with his shy personality he wasn’t exactly the salesperson type. Did C.W. lead a team?

I think he would know the size. He was a car mechanic and I think size of stuff is probably second nature.

Why do you think he put her in a shallow grave? Couldn’t he push her off of the side of a mountain or is there nothing like that?
It's not so much that he was a car mechanic as it was he looked at those holes 5 days a week for however many weeks/years he had worked for Anadarko. He would have had to drive a significant distance to push her off the side of a mountain. Fredrick, Colorado is quite a ways from the mountains, especially if he needed to go there unnoticed. The shallow grave was the best he could do at the time. What he had planned after that, if he did have more planned we may never know unfortunately.

Yeah. We've repeated the list over and over and over.

There's a new one practically every week by the way. A pastor out of Canada murdered his wife and two little girls recently. Not a hint of trouble. Nice family man and daddy.

Over and over we see these cases with not one sign of what's to come.

One of the reasons people have mentioned as to why this keeps coming up is because it's such a scary thought that you or your kids can be married to someone capable of such seemingly sudden and shocking violence, so people simply become desperate to prove it can't happen to them. So the victim is blamed. If we can blame the victim we can distance ourselves from the possibility of such horror in or own lives.

I see it repeatedly in all sorts of homicide and accidental death cases.

For example, every single instance of a child drowning or being killed by an animal or dying in a freak accident like in a revolving restaurant, or at a waterpark, there are hundreds of posts online about "It sad but..." and then solidly blaming the parents or victim for what happened.

For me, I cannot believe there are no signs. I eventually will do a search. Some of the guys are in charge. They are the head of the family. Maybe not to others, but that is a big red flag to me.

Scott Peterson, from a very short look see looks to be incredibly arrogant.

Drew Peterson looks to be very authoritarian.

Do these things say they will be killers? Of course not. But TO ME, those are somethings that indicate that they are not nice guys.

Jumping off your post -

At this point, nobody can say without a doubt that CW is a family annihilator. He might be however we don't know this as fact. This is a 'hasty generalization' logical fallacy. To avoid hasty generalizations, it's better to add a qualifier such as 'maybe' or 'sometimes'.

IMO

I agree totally . Imo I am not a psychological profiler . I have read material on professional case studies of them but being on web sleuth does not make me one to claim I can profile someone personally . I am anxious to hear more physical evidence and testimony . I believe circumstantial evidence would not sway me personally to vote guilty . Nor would comparisons to other criminals. I myself want to understand the whole picture first. We all are different I suppose. I admire the opinions of all the attorneys on here because I imagine they all have witnessed horrible things as criminal lawyers and dealt with criminal profilers for years unlike me. I just look at things as a juror would not as a professional in the criminal system . Hopefully they can gain juror insight from me as much as I do criminal insight from them

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about this today. Ok, so he deletes his account. But she can keep posting whatever she wants on hers. He needed to get her to stop posting.
Well maybe... maybe not. If his was deleted at least he wouldn't see what she was posting & neither would anyone else he was friends with due to her tagging him in posts.

We don't yet have any evidence that they were in dire financial straights again. An HOA claim for under $2k is not evidence of needing to foreclose a house...its evidence they had a dispute with their HOA, IMO. Now, they very well could have been in financial straights, but I have not seen evidence to support that yet.

I agree, the HOA appears to be some grievance at this point. Unfortunately, many couples live pay to pay and oddly one or both do not stress over it. The problem comes if they want to divorce, there is no money to do it.

okay, I'm scratching my head. The order for protection was denied, but in my reading of it it specifically says that it is going to be allowed to be sealed. From the prosecution. And on a monthly basis the logs will go to the judge. And if the prosecution wants to see them, he will have to file a motion and it could be redacted when they receive it.

Perhaps it's semantics, but I think the article was a little bit misleading. Or at least it wasn't thorough, @gitana1 @Mrspratcher @Alethea @BillCarson

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/ORDER (C15).pdf
This one may be a little clearer:
Suspected Family Murderer Chris Watts Doesn't Want His Jail Visitors Revealed

It IS interesting. But I think AB might have it a bit wrong....more family annihilators murder their families in August than in any other month (if memory serves, the article I read said 20%)...so it is the most popular month. Just not technically correct to say most occur in August. Sorry to be a dweeb! :)
Oh I bet the kids being on break for 2 months before August drives some annihilators as well... By the time August rolls around they are sick of the kids.

That would make sense that it was deleted while he was with his wife for a week, if he did not want the other women to see that they were together. Especially if he had told her she had left him. Imo
Yes, especially if she was tagging him in pictures & posts. Anyone (AP included) would have been alerted to those posts by being friends with CW & not necessarily SW.

If the FB delete was a little more than a week before she got back, wasn't that right when he was back there with her and the family? IE week 6 of the vacation? So maybe the FB delete was done together, and didn't relate at all to some theory about his being put out because she posted endearments to him on her own FB page. So, when was it deleted, while he was in NC with her? IMO (asked of anyone on the board, where was he on the date the FB was deleted? There should be a date, when it was deleted, and if he was in NC that day)

YES, I remember the timing seemed to be right when he was headed to NC for a reunion with his family.

If he had just spent 5 weeks, free to spend time with his new love, then this might be a sensitive time for that relationship. The last thing he would want, is pictures taken with him and his wife and kids, having family time at the game arcade and the fairgrounds. He knew SW would be posting pix and videos and he'd be tagged in most of them.

I think that's why he deleted his account. JMO

As I recall in earlier threads, there were questions whether SW was pretty much running CW's fb page as he was in her line with thrive. Was there ever confirmation.

I know it was stated that CW closed his fb down a week earlier. But what if SW had been doing most of the media stuff and running it for him and shut it down when she was in NC. Like a confirmation that she was removing him from her thrive business line and separating. possible?
This makes sense. VI said she had access to all of his accounts FWIW

Last edited:
YES, I remember the timing seemed to be right when he was headed to NC for a reunion with his family.

If he had just spent 5 weeks, free to spend time with his new love, then this might be a sensitive time for that relationship. The last thing he would want, is pictures taken with him and his wife and kids, having family time at the game arcade and the fairgrounds. He knew SW would be posting pix and videos and he'd be tagged in most of them.

I think that's why he deleted his account. JMO
And he could tell the AP, hey I deleted my connection with the wife and kids!

Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Post #3 from Gitana1
I am posting the evidence we know of again as some have asked. If anyone has other evidence to add please copy and add.

Evidence of triple murder:

1. Dad claims he saw a blue child on a baby monitor at night.

2. The coincidence of two people, unrelated by blood, both reacting to something in a short span of time by losing their minds and committing homicide, defies reason.

3. The coincidence of those same people both committing homicide in the exact same manner -strangulation- is unlikely.

4. A father passionate enough with love for his children, to kill at the sight of them being harmed, would be desperate beyond reason to save them. But:
a. Dad failed to call 911 to try to save his children. Even if he thought they were beyond help, a parentslove is so intense they will desperately and irrationally try for help that will never come.
b. There is no account of him throwing off the mother and working desperately to revive them or resuscitate them. Hell, total strangers have performed CPR on a child's corpse in rigor. (Cooper Harris case). But a passionately loving dad didn't even try in this case?

5. The dad failed to call 911 after killing his wife in a supposed fury of emotion.

6. Dad also failed to run screaming onto the lawn for help or in anguish.
In cases of such Greek tragedy magnitude either 5 or 6 usually comes into play.

7. This entire scene - the "emotional argument", the vicious strangulation of two children, the father witnessing the incomprehensible and reacting with murderous fury and anguish - all of it was totally silent. Except for the poor dog howling that night. How do we know? Because the houses are in close proximity and neighbors mentioned hearing nothing but the dog the next day IIRC.

8. CW did not scream or wail in anguish so great that it caused him to murder his wife. Not one report of such sounds.

9. CW supposedly lost his mind in grief and anguish. However he regained it in moments in a manner that does not comport with a true mental break. In cases we have seen where people lose it and commit murder, they are typically either wailing on the lawn and to 911 operators or they are in an apparent psychotic state- not lying about what happened, not covering it up, not able to function normally at all. See thumbnail of Julie Schenecker as an example of what this looks like. Police interview Julie Schenecker after kids found dead

10. CW, after such an insanely, horrific Greek tragedy of a scene, calmly loaded up the bodies of his wife and children in order to conceal their deaths and dispose of them. We know this because a neighbor stated she witnessed him leaving. (No reports of wailing and she said, IIRC, the truck drove normally. So no veering, spinning of tires or other signs of lack of composure). And it's apparently on video.

11. CW, a man passionately in love enough with his kids to erupt in murderous rage when they're harmed, did not attempt to give them a burial that comports psychologically with the love and bond parents have with their kids. Death Rituals Reported by White, Black, and Hispanic Parents Following the ICU Death of an Infant or Child
A Global History of Child Death

12. Instead he dumps them in two separate vats of oil. Not together. No way to commemorate their lives. Concealed. Discarded. In a manner that veers from any known traditional burial rite of any kind.

13. CW went to work and monitored the ring video of his house. After the horrific Greek tragedy he just endured. He went to work. And monitored the video of his front door.

14. CW left a few voice messages and sent some texts to the wife he knew was dead, thus calmly concealing what happened.

15. CW calmly called SW's friend after she came to the door and he saw her on the ring video. He asked what was going on. We know this because he stated as much and this is corroborated by the friend.

16. CW rushed home - blowing stop signs and with beating heart, according to him- when CW came to the house and expressed alarm. The first time we have heard of a hint of emotion on his part since the horrific murders of his kids supposedly by his wife and his heat of passion killing of her, occurs when he the authorities are about to get involved.

17. CW cooly lied to the friend about where SW was supposed to be that day and why she wasn't at home. After he lost his mind the night before. He is calm and able to work to conceal those events.

18. There is not one hint of brief reactive psychosis or drug induced psychosis in CW's demeanor and behavior since 5:15 am the morning of the deaths, nor the next day as he gives calm and detailed interviews to the media. His pupils are normal. He is not slurring speech. He does not have a vacant stare. He exhibits no delusions or paranoia. He is not showing emotional lability. (I'm no expert in psychology but have seen a few psychotic people due to psychotic breaks or drugs and it's easy to research).

19. CW shows no anguish, depression, grief, concern, sadness or despair during his stoic media interviews, despite having supposedly been so deranged by his passionate love for his kids that he killed their attacker. His eyes are dry. Not red. No signs of puffiness from weeping. His face is smooth and calm. He looks well rested. No bags under his eyes. He smiles. He grins. He smirks. All with the knowledge that his insane wife savagely murdered his precious babies causing him to lose his mind with anguish. And with the knowledge that the people he loved so fiercely it caused him to kill, are rotting in separate vats of oil.

20. CW calmly and continuously lies to the media about the whereabouts of his dead wife and dead children.

21. CW systematically works with LE to track down his wife and kids. Brainstorming. Supplying numbers and addresses. Calling people. All the while knowing they are dead and decomposing.

22. CW is questioned and lies about having an affair. A motive in many murders of wives.

23. SW was pregnant. (A circumstance present in vast numbers of murders of spouses or parents by men).

24. Some people and report that CW seemed distant with his wife and kids in the weeks leading up to this monstrous event.

25. CW was not hospitalized for any reason after this tragedy.

A couple of things from the CO model jury instructions:

D:01 DIRECT AND CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE—NO DISTINCTION

A fact may be proven by either direct or circumstantial evidence. Under the law, both are acceptable ways to prove something. Neither is necessarily more reliable than the other.

E:03 PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE, BURDEN OF PROOF, AND REASONABLE DOUBT

Reasonable doubt means a doubt based upon reason and common sense which arises from a fair and rational consideration of all of the evidence, or the lack of evidence, in the case. It is a doubt which is not a vague, speculative or imaginary doubt, but such a doubt as would cause reasonable people to hesitate to act in matters of importance to themselves.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/Supreme_Court/Committees/Criminal_Jury_Instructions/2017/COLJI-Crim 2017 - Final.pdf
I’m just speaking as a juror perspective <modsnip>, not trying to ruffle your feathers . I am saying personally I like motive. I like physical evidence and we don’t know that yet . Human emotion reaction is a tricky thing . It would not be a guilty vote for me thus far based upon him lying and probability of guilt . It would Be a guilty vote for you so I’m not here to change your opinion nor anyone’s I’m here to learn from others insight to answer the things that don’t make sense to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things are important here:

The timing of the Facebook deletion

If this was a new behavior

For me, it’s only relevant if he’s never deleted his Facebook before.
Did anyone here ever see his FB? I don’t have or do FB. If his FB was anything like his Twitter (snoozer), maybe he was never that into FB, and he’d been reluctantly going along with it and having an account for SW’s sake. Clearly something made him delete it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995