Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think people pridefully grin and talk about shirts they like after dumping their baby girls in separate oil tanks and burying their unborn son in wife in a shallow grave? I mean that sincerely. Not really sure how to interpret ever being able to grin and show off a shirt after doing that. Particularly for news cameras.
Like I've said, I don't see his actions in the way others do.

If one believes CW saw Bella blue and CeCe in the act of being strangled then it makes sense to me in the brief period of time it would take to get from his bedroom to whatever bedroom he purports to see this happening in it would make sense to try to save those babies lives. Especially in an "active strangling" situation. jmo
And you know what else? I would bet my house that he has never raised his hand against another man. Little girls and a pregnant woman are the only people he can be violent toward.

I think they were Tuesday, before he spent the night at the Thayers, and after his one and only night without a family at home. I personally can’t say he was laughing, but I sure can say I didn’t see a grief stricken, devastated man whose entire family was ripped from him 36 hours ago. Who by his own admission saw his babies dying and committed his first murder of his life...his pregnant wife. I didn’t see that man, that is for sure.
Oh I can assure you he laughed... and lit up and grinned...while showing off his shirt and saying how he liked those kind of shirts. And stumbled over where it came from. The video is evidence. imo

Oh I can assure you he laughed... and lit up and grinned...while showing off his shirt and saying how he liked those kind of shirts. And stumbled over where it came from. The video is evidence. imo
Will be interesting to hear testimony from work colleagues who interacted with him that Monday morning. I am guessing he put on a chipper attitude.

I believe the interviews were on Weds. not Mon.? People laugh when they are nervous, so while others may class it as mirth, others have their own interpretations.

I watched the videos with and without any audio. He appeared very nervous to me at least when I watched it without any sound. I would say his laughing was a mixture of being nervous and the assumption he could trick other people while he believed the reporter believed him (as well as other people would) and his plan began to work at least in his mind. At that point he might have thought he would get away with it. When I can trick the media than I can trick others as well... Plus at a certain point you could clearly see he tried to supress it.

I think the defense may go with :

CW killed SW because she killed the children. CW got rid of all bodies because he didn't want to go to prison for killing SW.

or
SW, out of shame, begged CW to kill her. Asked him to dump children's bodies in oil, so they would never be found. Enraged CW killed her and followed her order. ( lol, sorry)

He said he saw her actively strangling one of the babies on the baby monitor.

I think the defence will rely on this.

3.4 – Self-defense / defense of another

Under Colorado law, self-defense is not an affirmative defense in itself to first-degree murder charges. However, it may negate the element of extreme indifference required to sustain them.

Likewise, showing that you were acting to defend someone else is strong evidence that you did not kill someone with an extreme indifference to the value of human life generally.

Colorado "first degree murder" laws |18-3-102 C.R.S.

He said he killed them to defend them from SW? Is this a new statement?

Not a new statement. He said one child was blue, sprawled on her bed. His wife was actively strangling the other child. And he attacked his wife in a rage.

So isn't that defending his child, who was being strangled by SW? That is how I interpret it.

And I think it was carefully crafted by him to avoid first degree murder charges.

If he had said that both kids were deceased, then he has no legal excuse to harm his wife. But if she was in the act of killing one of the children, then he has the right to defend and protect them.

I wasn't aware that he checked those particular tanks daily. I thought he made rounds of checking different tanks. It seems like he could never quit that job
for fear that someone would discover the girls' bones. Would the bones eventually
completely disinegrate? I would think that the bone fragments could block a drain.
not sure but in my opinion the bones would mostly separate but not disintegrate.

I watched the videos with and without any audio. He appeared very nervous to me at least when I watched it without any sound. I would say his laughing was a mixture of being nervous and the assumption he could trick other people while he believed the reporter believed him (as well as other people would) and his plan began to work at least in his mind. At that point he might have thought he would get away with it. When I can trick the media than I can trick others as well... Plus at a certain point you could clearly see he tried to supress it.
I can only see nervousness when the dogs began barking.
I watched that one without the sound and to me, it could have been any pleasant experience in his life that he was talking about.

Not a new statement. He said one child was blue, sprawled on her bed. His wife was actively strangling the other child. And he attacked his wife in a rage.

So isn't that defending his child, who was being strangled by SW? That is how I interpret it.

And I think it was carefully crafted by him to avoid first degree murder charges.

If he had said that both kids were deceased, then he has no legal excuse to harm his wife. But if she was in the act of killing one of the children, then he has the right to defend and protect them.
Carefully crafted by whom do you think, CW or his lawyers?

I believe the interviews were on Weds. not Mon.? People laugh when they are nervous, so while others may class it as mirth, others have their own interpretations.

I think the interview was Tuesday, the day following the killings.

People may laugh when nervous. But I am wondering why he was more nervous than he was grief stricken.

He said he saw her actively strangling one of the babies on the baby monitor.

I think the defence will rely on this.

3.4 – Self-defense / defense of another

Under Colorado law, self-defense is not an affirmative defense in itself to first-degree murder charges. However, it may negate the element of extreme indifference required to sustain them.

Likewise, showing that you were acting to defend someone else is strong evidence that you did not kill someone with an extreme indifference to the value of human life generally.

Colorado "first degree murder" laws |18-3-102 C.R.S.
But he did not defend anyone. No lives were saved.

BBM IMO he had help crafting it.

I have never seen a person laugh after the unexpected deaths of their children. I can’t even imagine. There’s tons of videos online of grieving parents speaking to the media for one reason or another, and I can’t think of a single example where they laughed, nervous or not.

d I think it was carefully crafted by him to avoid first degree murder charges.

Re: the crafted story of what happened after Dad's visit. Do we know what is his father's occupation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme