Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they were Tuesday, before he spent the night at the Thayers, and after his one and only night without a family at home. I personally can’t say he was laughing, but I sure can say I didn’t see a grief stricken, devastated man whose entire family was ripped from him 36 hours ago. Who by his own admission saw his babies dying and committed his first murder of his life...his pregnant wife. I didn’t see that man, that is for sure.
He laughs at the 3:08 mark, the 3:50 mark and the 4:58 mark in this one.

I'm dreading it JJ.
Will CW reenact his movements with a stand in and props, what position SW was in and where she stood strangling her child when he came upon them, or will diagrams be used on a whiteboard? I think the first is more favourable so the court can see his scenario played out for full effect. It will be very unsettling for SW's family but if CW wants to be believed, seeing is believing. imo

I don't think he will testify. Just look how easy it is to make people dislike SW and thus to find reasonable doubt.

The prosecution will play his "confession". The defense will refer to it and then they will put on experts to explain heat of passion or how people grieve "differently" and then they will put his family up there to testify as to how horrible Shanann was to him and the girls and how crazy she was.

And that will sadly be enough for some, apparently.

True, but most people don't end up murdering them for it. I don't think anything like that would have provoked him to kill, this doesn't seem like a sudden act of rage to me. He may want people to think he " snapped", but for me there are indications that he wanted to end the lives of his family.

Actually people are murdered for that kind of stuff all of the time. Things that are even more petty.

He says he was raging. There may be truth in that. Why was he raging?

i think that is what happened to the bed sheet found near SW's grave. I think an animal dug it up and carted it away.
I was wondering how or why he would leave that behind. I bet that's what happened. He probably used it to wrap her in and an animal got to it. That makes sense.

*Edited to add... yes it may have been a very long time if ever, they would have found the girls' bones in the tanks when they were cleaned. However, depending on how "shallow" SW was buried, animals may have dug the body up & it would have been visible to the person who checks that site on CW's days off.
What kind of animals are you thinking about digging up her remains, I know there are vultures and coyotes out there, are there others? Not sure if badgers live out there? Do raccoons eat carrion?

i think that is what happened to the bed sheet found near SW's grave. I think an animal dug it up and carted it away.

And perhaps the sheet that was found by LE wasn't drifting around the area, but rather was actually buried with SW, with her being wrapped in it. The wind could have blown the top level dirt away, exposing the sheet to the drone.

SW and the girls weren't found for a couple days. According to this wunderground.com chart, there was at least one day during that timeframe when wind gusts reached 53 mph near DEN airport, so I'd imagine similar wind speeds could have been captured near Roggen. Denver International, CO History | Weather Underground

JMO.

I count things like that as well. Some people say 'you know' constantly and it drives me batty.

Yes, I do the same, and just like y'all, it makes me crazy. Please, please please understand that I am NOT criticizing Shanann OR victim blaming her at all, but I noticed a similar thing with her in so many videos... she was constantly saying, "ummm" "ummm" "ummm" "ummm" "ummm". JMO.

Maybe because he was lying?

Which suggests his concern is only for himself, and not the two children he just lost. Grief is overwhelming in parents who have just lost a child, and that it either doesn’t exist for him, or it takes a backseat to other concerns (such as self-preservation) would be highly unusual if he is indeed a genuinely loving father who would never hurt his children.

Grief would overtake me.. I wouldn’t even be thinking about what it might look like to Police.

I would have called 911.

(And in the drop down box on CAD, the dispatcher would be selecting “hysterical”......)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member