Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a great question! Following this above.

Sort of OT but since this case alone, I:
- no longer leave my keys on the dashboard of my car that’s parked in the garage
- have gotten property cameras
- rechecked child safety latches
- rechecked SM privacy settings
- designated a FB legacy person
- ensured thrice that my child minotor (same as Theirs) does indeed
NOT have WiFi or remote capabilities
- threw out my bottle of Benadryl
And that’s just to name a few.
I don't have babies, but I'd think about getting a baby monitor that does record. Think how he'd be toast crumbs right now with a recording monitor. (If they exist?)

CW? He went back to work after? That’s a good question that I did t remember er seeing asked before. But if one’s pregnant spouse and two children are missing, I’d certainly hope not!
Walk thru, I believe waltnru was done by CW, NUA AND PD.
IMO, if walk thru hadn’t happened, purse, keys and cell would’ve been disposed of.

No, he never went back to that work site again. AFAIK, he came home when NUA called and was met with the cops and her worried friend. The investigation began right then, and I am pretty sure the cops called his boss pretty quickly, to check his morning alibi.

That might have been a very interesting conversation, if they spoke to the boss, whose daughter is a good friend of CW's...the plot thickened quickly...IMO JMO MOO

Which reminds me; I wonder what that conversation looked like between CW and his employer when he had to a) let them know he wouldn't be returning to work that day, and why, and b) assuming he would have had to notify his employer Tuesday morning, letting them know again that he wouldn't be coming into work on that day, and why.

I'm sure anyone who interacted with CW at all during that timeframe would have some interesting information regarding his demeanor, and his explanations for what was going on at home.

JMO.

When he left from work that morning to return home, I am sure he played the grieving, worried family man card---but the detectives from Missing Persons would have been calling and visiting his boss pretty quickly. So CW wouldn't have had to call in and explain. The cops were already 'checking his alibi' and they were discussing drones and check in times and GPS records on the work truck, so CW didn't have to call in and explain why he wasn't coming in. They were probably writing up his termination papers pretty quickly anyway.

Many years ago when I was a young child, my Uncle had a farm. He kept a large barrel of an oil product to put farm tools in to clean and keep them from rusting. My very young and curious cousin decided she wanted to get into trouble or something and jumped into the barrel. I don’t know if it was other stuff in the oil or what but her skin was very irritated, might have even been burned. It took a very long time and much effort to get it removed from her ears and such. She was in and out quickly. I hope cw put them in some protection/bag before putting them in the oil.

AB 9/25/18
1. New details. SW’s mother and brother have spent the last few days in. Colorado to take care of things. Police and Prosecutors may want background on C.W. Will want to do deep debrief with family. Building entire case. Prosecutors Office has been in regular contact with family all along. Prosecutors have been offering family hope for justice.
2. Lauren Arnold (SW’s good friend) and her mother are hanging out with family.
3. Going to try to build a case on a profile of how CW degenerated over last few years.
4. Defense forcing shenanigans on Prosecution demanding Autopsy reports. Dylan Kliebold (Columbine) autopsy took a long time, too.
5. Taking so long sometimes because of scientific details. Oil, may be a problem. Scientists work together. Try to find best methods and solutions. Could have disagreements. Try to find best methods, they want to deliver the best, most thorough report they can.
6. Jon Benets autopsy took 8 months. Kept expanding teams of experts.
7. Guest thinks LE already knows what happened. May be stalling a little.
8. Watts family purchased a high tech home security system. All movement in through system is recorded. Can tell if a door was opened and how long it stayed open. If door was opened and left open at times other than when C.W. said, like at 2 instead of 5:30, it will be recorded. LE can work with security Co. to get that data. Footage lasts about 15 days. Data may last longer. NUA knew code to front door. It is possible C.W. set it, so no one but him could enter. It’s possible to share footage with neighbors who use same system.
9. There is an emergency panel available for that system, with one touch you can call 911. CW didn’t use it.
10. When CW lied and said family was missing, that was a lie. That’s a crime. Could he face mores charges? Casey Anthony lied. Got 4 convictions, 4 years. CW could get charged with Obstruction of Justice, perhaps filing false police report, he lied, and he’ll probably continue to lie. CA was order to pay $217,449.23 for false investigation. Probably hasn’t paid a dime.
10. Lies are a viable part of this case. Kind of a consolation prize if you don’t get conviction.
11. If this is a death penalty case could cost millions of dollars.
12. Looks like CWs defense is going to go all out, they’re going to fight everything tooth and nail.
Viewer Question
1. This case is so much like the Peterson case yet that one was so open and up front with all information from start to finish. What’s so different about this case? Different parties involved. Different personalities in attorneys. Geragos was high profile. Lack of information not surprising, it’s only been 5-6 weeks. Waiting to find out if girls were put in oil tanks when still alive, there will be oil in their lungs.
Does anyone really think they were placed in the tanks while still alive? I don't think so at all. Hope I'm right about that at least.

According to this article, it eludes to the fact that CW is allowed visitors now and he may be currently receiving visitors aside from staff at his lawyers office.

Suspected Family Murderer Chris Watts Doesn't Want His Jail Visitors Revealed

Also, it was previously reported on WS that CW did not have a Commissary account at the Weld County Jail due to restrictions placed on his incarceration but according to the link on the jail website, it appears that deposits can be made into CW's Commissary account using his recipient ID number. CW must not be on suicide watch if he is receiving visitors and Commissary privileges.

The jail’s website contains general information. It has been reported by MSM that CW does not have commissary privileges.

Chris Watts Is Under Suicide Watch in Jail: Sources

I just figured it would be less likely to plug drain filters, it could be that the tanks were so full (?) at least in the first tank that he couldn't shove them both in. I really don't know, though.

I've read on here that the tanks have sensors related to the level of oil, so it's a good speculation that CW made his choice (one per tank, ugh) with the intention of raising the level as little as possible, avoiding triggering the sensor. JMO

Whew, okay. So still in my mind, pure speculation and just putting myself in the shoes of NUA at the time she was at the door and could on,y open a few inches, I stand by IMO she may very well heard SWs cell ring from up in the loft area down to the front door, which caused her alarm.
Which could be a logical assessment of why PD response did so quickly vs. not.
Now HOW SWs cell got there, we may never know and we’ve all guessed.

Not to dispute your theory but just to add to it-- I think part of the reason the PD responded quickly is that NUA may have said her pregnant friend had health issues and two toddlers in the home. And they knew she missed a drs appointment and could see her car was still there. Those were big signs something was wrong. For all they knew, SW could have been passed out or injured from an accidental fall inside the house and the kids could have been in danger from no conscious adult being present. IMO the Police would respond quickly to a situation like that to do a well check and make sure the kids were safe. MOO.

Hi everyone. Sorry if I sound like a stalker but I went the McDonald’s about two blocks from Wyndham hills just now after work (seven day stretch at work I deserve a cheeseburger). At 8:05 I witnessed a single person entering the home with a small plastic grocery bag. I wanted to stop but thought it rude. I’m not entirely sure if it was a male or female, but I can tell you there was an SUV parked along the street in front of the neighbors who are selling their house. If I could see better I could have been able to determine if it was a rental. I apologize in advance if I broke any rules. They just lived so close so I drive by once every two weeks or so.

Just a bit of information for anyone interested in the autopsies. Colorado statute (§ 30-10-606.5) actually dictates these matters in agreement with the standards of the National Association of Medical Examiners (NAME). For quite some time NAME has stated all medicolegal autopsies are to be performed by forensic pathologists. Colorado agrees as per the following:

§ 30-10-606.5
(1)(a) The coroner shall perform a forensic autopsy or have a forensic autopsy performed in accordance with the circumstances in the most recent version of the “forensic autopsy performance standards” adopted by the national association of medical examiners, when the death is apparently nonnatural and occurs in a facility or during services regulated by the department of human services, and when the death is the result of an automobile accident and a hospital physician has not documented the extent of the injuries . . . Colo. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 30-10-606.5.
CDC - Colorado - Coroner/ME Laws - Publications by Type - Public Health Law

This is not some subjective call made by the DA. This is simply Colorado law.

Does the state require that pathologists perform the autopsies?
Yes, . . . all forensic autopsies required to be performed pursuant to subsection (1) of this section shall be performed by a board-certified forensic pathologist [or physician who is pathologist-in-training]. Colo. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 30-10-606.5.

EBM to add: See 30-10-606. Coroner - inquiry - grounds - postmortem - jury - certificate of death. COCODE

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Sorry if I sound like a stalker but I went the McDonald’s about two blocks from Wyndham hills just now after work (seven day stretch at work I deserve a cheeseburger). At 8:05 I witnessed a single person entering the home with a small plastic grocery bag. I wanted to stop but thought it rude. I’m not entirely sure if it was a male or female, but I can tell you there was an SUV parked along the street in front of the neighbors who are selling their house. If I could see better I could have been able to determine if it was a rental. I apologize in advance if I broke any rules. They just lived so close so I drive by once every two weeks or so.
Tonight, I’m assuming?

IMO he only used bags for the girls and a sheet for SW to help conceal them during transport. Probably stepped on one bag barefoot while at home and loading them up. But I think he chose the tanks not only as a good hiding place, but because he knew the oil would get rid of most of the physical evidence on their bodies, so he removed them from the bags to put them in the oil, and one may have possibly been blown away with the near constant wind out there, and in his haste, he just didn't go grab it before he got out of there.

I would think that if the bags were in the oil tanks with the girls in them, any bare foot prints wouldn't have survived on the bag. Unless of course, the print is on the inside of the bag, which would be very odd.

That’s a great question! Following this above.

Sort of OT but since this case alone, I:
- no longer leave my keys on the dashboard of my car that’s parked in the garage
- have gotten property cameras
- rechecked child safety latches
- rechecked SM privacy settings
- designated a FB legacy person
- ensured thrice that my child minotor (same as Theirs) does indeed
NOT have WiFi or remote capabilities
- threw out my bottle of Benadryl
And that’s just to name a few.

All sound like good ideas but I'm lost on why get rid of the Benedryl? Just curious. Thanks.

AB 9/25/18
9. There is an emergency panel available for that system, with one touch you can call 911. CW didn’t use it.
BBM: interesting! So dialing wasn’t even needed, just a one button push.
10. When CW lied and said family was missing, that was a lie. That’s a crime. Could he face mores charges? Casey Anthony lied. Got 4 convictions, 4 years. CW could get charged with Obstruction of Justice, perhaps filing false police report, he lied, and he’ll probably continue to lie.
BBM: great point as well
I don't have babies, but I'd think about getting a baby monitor that does record. Think how he'd be toast crumbs right now with a recording monitor. (If they exist?)
My baby turns 7 in a couple days. We didn’t use it for a couple of years when his room was on our same level. We just started again recently with moving rooms around, but moreso just for the audio in case he hollers in the middle the night (no bathroom on his level of the house), may need help as not used to new bedroom yet.
I keep it turned towards the wall on my nightstand for a more of a night light vs. me watching him. He’s 7 so I just felt weird him being older and all, having me able to readily watch him. Hard to explain.
Oh and thru this I didn’t even know it could do split screeen (with two cameras) so toggle room to room isn’t even necessary either. We only have on child, but two cameras one in each popular used room.
Which does relate here with CWs stated monitor view and his confession/version of events. So, now knowing this, IMO there wasn't a delay due to toggling needed. It should’ve been, I see this (both daughters in their own rooms), let me run in and help.
Ummm, yup, I’ll be up now for awhile thinking about that factiod.

Does anyone really think they were placed in the tanks while still alive? I don't think so at all. Hope I'm right about that at least.
Self proclaimed, Dr. Chris Watts, pronounced them all as dead, but sometimes strangulation results in unconsciousness that could lead to brain damage.
“During a strangulation assault, the pressure applied to the neck impedes oxygen by preventing blood flow to and from the brain. The trachea can also be restricted, making breathing difficult or impossible. The combination can quickly cause asphyxia and unconsciousness.” Strangulation Can Leave Long-Lasting Injuries

Many years ago when I was a young child, my Uncle had a farm. He kept a large barrel of an oil product to put farm tools in to clean and keep them from rusting. My very young and curious cousin decided she wanted to get into trouble or something and jumped into the barrel. I don’t know if it was other stuff in the oil or what but her skin was very irritated, might have even been burned. It took a very long time and much effort to get it removed from her ears and such. She was in and out quickly. I hope cw put them in some protection/bag before putting them in the oil.
That would certainly help with the evidence if he did. I don't think he did, though. I would think it would get clogged like someone said the hair would. He would have known that. Although I don't for sure, I'm just assuming plastic bags may cause problems. Jmo

No, he never went back to that work site again. AFAIK, he came home when NUA called and was met with the cops and her worried friend. The investigation began right then, and I am pretty sure the cops called his boss pretty quickly, to check his morning alibi.

That might have been a very interesting conversation, if they spoke to the boss, whose daughter is a good friend of CW's...the plot thickened quickly...IMO JMO MOO
Excellent.

IMO he only used bags for the girls and a sheet for SW to help conceal them during transport. Probably stepped on one bag barefoot while at home and loading them up. But I think he chose the tanks not only as a good hiding place, but because he knew the oil would get rid of most of the physical evidence on their bodies, so he removed them from the bags to put them in the oil, and one may have possibly been blown away with the near constant wind out there, and in his haste, he just didn't go grab it before he got out of there.

I would think that if the bags were in the oil tanks with the girls in them, any bare foot prints wouldn't have survived on the bag. Unless of course, the print is on the inside of the bag, which would be very odd.

I agree with your thinking. I imagine that he kept the kids in the bags until he reached the opening on the tank, and then he dumped them in.

He apparently discarded them carelessly after doing this (they were discovered after all).

The tanks would conceal the bodies, and the oil would likely destroy evidence. Dumping the bags in the tanks, wrapped around his children’s bodies, doesn’t make a lot of sense (evidence preservation).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot