Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read the arrest paperwork describing what happened as far as her getting home and him leaving for work as was seen from a neighbors security camera.

This makes me wonder what else may have been caught on the video camera? Surly the police have all of that too? Exact times he left and came home over the previous week. Maybe it's been talked about and if it has I apologize. Just curious if that camera caught anything else odd with his coming and leaving? wouldn't it see him putting bodies in his truck or if he left and came home several times in a short period of time?

Other than the video of her singing the song about her hero Daddy, this is the first time I’ve seen her talking. What a beautiful little girl and you can see how much she loves and trusts her mommy. IMO, it’s pretty good evidence that her mom has never and would never hurt her or her sweet little sister. Very sad to watch.
The love is evident in every video I've seen. Such happy little girls. Here are a few more:
Shanann Watts
Shanann Watts
Shanann Watts
MOO

I just read the arrest paperwork describing what happened as far as her getting home and him leaving for work as was seen from a neighbors security camera.

This makes me wonder what else may have been caught on the video camera? Surly the police have all of that too? Exact times he left and came home over the previous week. Maybe it's been talked about and if it has I apologize. Just curious if that camera caught anything else odd with his coming and leaving? wouldn't it see him putting bodies in his truck or if he left and came home several times in a short period of time?
Welcome!

That's a good question. Maybe it never even entered his mind, if it wasn't planned and he snapped.
Or, maybe he did have a plan, kidnapping. Maybe he purposely did not touch anything of SW's (phone, shoes, purse, suitcase). Just had to get the sheets in the garbage bin for pickup on Tuesday. Good to go. Easy peasy. No fuss, no muss. Comes home from work, "finds" the back door unlocked and no one home. Doesn't have to lift a finger. Thing is, even if he did get away with that, he would have eventually been caught via LE tracing his whereabouts on that day, IMO.

I would assume so. Should be interesting and telling, hopefully.

Jumping off your post about what Lupus costs to treat, there was some wondering here why CW switched jobs from dealership to oil company, health care for him, SW and possible BW might have been costly (for instance my dear husband and kiddo have a policy, just those 2 by themselves, and its $1300/month, or over $15000 per year). I heard the oil companies have great benefits, hypothetically employer paid/assisted health care could have added like $20K/year in health care savings for them not reflected as income in his 2015 bankruptcy earnings.

ETA, not that we know what meds her or her kids were on, but good ol plaquenil and prednisone is usually covered from what I know.

Very good points! As huge as Anadarko is, I would bet they provide exceptional and affordable healthcare benefits.

throwing out aPower point slide show
Post Mortem Changes in Eyes

Blood cells break down and release potassium after death.
This process is slower and at a more predictable rate within the vitreous.
The build up of potassium in the vitreous begins at death and continues for approximately 100 hours after death.

Also of interest : pinpoint-sized petechial hemorrhages around the eyes would also be expected with strangulation.

Last edited:

:) Welcome to Websleuths, @justtrish ! :)

Thanks for joining us and yes, law enforcement is and has been all over his timeline, the camera, etc. All is SOP (standard operating procedure). How much was captured by the camera(s) will likely depend on the angle and how his truck was backed in. For example, whether the bed of the truck was inside the garage or not.
MOO

@cailleach

I wanted to add that hostility and deep seated anger are definitely among the markers. And I wholeheartedly agree with you when you state we lose sight of what's truly going on when we start to look at how a victim's actions contributed to her murder (paraphrasing here). I believe this contributes to a gross miscarriage of justice.

You brought up excellent points and I'm so glad you did because you're keeping the focus on the victims of this crime and how they neither deserved nor caused what happened to them.

MOO

I don't think we know for sure that he knew of the camera prior to the murders, correct?
Not for sure... but thinking that is the reasoning for backing his truck up to the garage.
I think ( I SAID think) living there a while... I would notice a camera right across the street aimed toward my house. Good to know probably... in most instances that is.

@Shekkiec

“Ok thanks ! I guess the moniter so far as evidence wouldn’t make me vote guilty or the interview. I need direct evidence so thank you for that link so i don’t misspeak“.

“I do not see the baby moniter as a prosecution benefit, I don’t see him lying on interview basis he killed the girls, I think if he didn’t call 911 perhaps he panicked but still not a reason to convict for me personally . I don’t believe him having an affair would make me vote guilty . I think physical evidence directly linking him to the death would matter. I think if I didn’t see someone kill you but I had fingerprints or weapon I would convict . Same here”

Are you saying that if his fingerprints and/or handprints and/or DNA are found on the necks of the babies, and none are from SW, you would still believe he’s innocent?

As far as the monitor goes, he said that Bella was blue and that he saw SW actively strangling Cece. If it’s proven in court that it was physically impossible to tell that Bella was blue, i.e. he lied, would you still believe he was innocent?

I’m just gobsmacked. Most criminal convictions are based on circumstantial evidence.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but my head is still reeling.
I would find fingerprints a reason to convict . I think where my miscommunication has caused problems is simply this.
The list of evidence we have right now as was given to me IMO would not make me vote guilty
Pommy was nice enough to explain the definition of evidence where I misspoke .
The fact that autoposy has not been released, the fact of no witness testimony to consider whether it is testimony of an expert or a friend we have yet to see anything to examine.
The list was given to me I’m paraphrasing
1. baby moniter / if the light was on in the room you can detect color hue change enough to cause me doubt on this fact alone
2. &3 the odds of two people unrelated doing the same crime same manner is unlikely .
*if I consider these charges separately and he confessed to strangling her I am not sure I can apply that method of strangling on one charge in my opinion towards the other charge that’s a legal question I would ask
4. Thru 6 He loved his children passionately did not try to call 911 which is irrational .
We don’t know if he tried CPR or what happened until testimony . Beyond a reasonable doubt not sure without further information from a criminal psychologist .
Didnt run into lawn screaming for help?could he have had Shame since death was accidental ?
Could he have fear no one would believe him? How does shock effect him bc he had no previous crime ? Our assumption on a normal reaction causes doubt to his but is that fact alone unsupported enough? No
7. No screams heard except dog barking that night. I have looked everywhere for time of dog to reference bc to me this is relevant and could be after the deaths. The sad part is this type of death does not make a lot of noise that can be heard from next door and the noise alone doesn’t determine the killer .
8. He didn’t wail before murdering her. If he did this as a reaction to SW murdering girls I can see it plausible anger (rage as he stated) was first emotion not grief.
9&10 the aftermath reaction from rage to control . I’m not again sure about this because what if he did panic afterwards and reacted based on realization of what had unfolded and a sense of shame isolation . Again without professional witness testimony , toxicology was he impaired , and a detailed explanation to consider I can’t base guilt standing alone as a statement without supporting evidence.
11&12the burial method psychology and placement . If he panicked and this was not planned then the only spot would be where he was familiar. This was oil field . We know the kids were not placed with mom. What if that was bc he wanted them away from her bc she did strangle them ? We do not have details of disposal yet. Those details would weigh my decision on this if evident . What if they were in bags or what if disposal was worse ? Guess what he did admit to this so again I need the distinction of how to legally separate my consideration bc this is a different charge.
13 he went to work and monitored his front door . My door app notifies me when someone comes as an alert . I would assume his does the same . No one wants an ap you need to moniter if you use it as security you want one that alerts you packages come or someone is entering your door . We know NU tried to enter bc she mentioned latch
14.one the interview CW stated he left voice texts. We do not know this is a fact yet to consider with a call log
15.&16 called friend and asked calmly what was going on . I would assume he would call because he was alerted to someone gaining entrance and he knew no one was there . I don’t recall the word calmly but I know he urged her to wait till he got there and said garage key code broken . Again this statement to me proves panic and guilt . But he has confessed to killing SW and disposing bodies. So imo this reaction would not prove the death of the girls solely bc I feel it would be the same reaction if only SW killed. He lied to friend and cops bc he had murdered SW and disposed of them . This alone could not make me say hey he killed girls too
17-2o interviews he had to do them it’s a no win , he was paranoid about interviews bc he asked neighbors how he seemed. Ok again she shows a guilty conscious bc he knew he was with holding truth .
So
The charges against the defendant are not evidence

*You must assume innocent until proven guilty

*You must not be influenced by SYMPATHY bias or prejudice reaching this decision

*If you find from the evidence of the prosecution that one or more elements has not been proven by prosecution you should find them not guilty

*the defendant is supposed to be judged by the crime of this case and no other

*each count should be considered separately not linked to previous charges
I want more information . The man has confessed to strangling his wife and disposing of his children . This is a complex case to me. We are all different and these reasons are enough for many I am not here to sway you or argue my opinion .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18