Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<mosdsnip - removed quoted post>

Longtime reader/lurker - first post! There is a video Shanann posted <modsnip - reference to removed post> where Bella says she thinks there are 5 babies in Shanann's stomach...so maybe that is what Shanann was referencing when talking about multiples... some of the comments in the June 19 video seem to reference Bella's guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing the post on SW's FB page showing a screenshot of an iMessage conversation between SW and CW. The conversation includes a photo of her ultrasound, but at the top, CW's text reads "no 5 babies?"

We an only wonder if CW believed there could be multiples for good reason, or if he was just joking around at the possibility.

ETA: JMO.
I don't know when that exchange took place, but perhaps his question is due to Bella's comment in this video. Maybe?
Shanann Watts
MOO

Longtime reader/lurker - first post! There is a video Shanann posted a few before the one you mention where Bella says she thinks there are 5 babies in Shanann's stomach...so maybe that is what Shanann was referencing when talking about multiples... some of the comments in the June 19 video seem to reference Bella's guess.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, @scdiv ! :)

I just posted that video, lol. Great minds think alike! :p
MOO

Do you think his or her family will take the stand during trial?

ETA: I want justice for SW and her sweet babies but at the same time I'm dreading the trial for her family. I think it's going to be utterly shocking and extremely painful for them to endure.

Those are great questions. During the initial walkthrough that afternoon, we know all windows and doors were locked, including the rear slider, per the affidavit.

I'm thinking CW's original plan may have been to go to work, return home after his shift, and unlock the rear slider. AFAIK, that seemed to be the only area that he believed may have been out of any neighbor's surveillance camera view. That way, he could stick to a story such as "I returned home, and found all of her personal belongings, but the rear slider was unlocked, so maybe they got taken from someone back there."

I think the home was initially locked down by CW before he left for work to protect his crime scene, and to avoid anyone from entering the home before he was ready for it. He just didn't foresee LE being dispatched to the residence for a check wellbeing call.

JMO.
That is highly possible. Some have noted he took nothing of her belongings to dump in the oil tanks or bury. While it is possible he was hyper focused on getting the bodies alone out of the house, he may also have planned to put those items in her car with the car seats...drive it to an iffy part of town in Denver, and leave the keys inside. Just a thought. Then report her missing the next day and say he thought she took off with the kids over his insistence at a separation (he could have even texted with her phone to his this point) and he thought he would let her cool down. But when he didn't hear from her again for 24 hours, he called family and friends, and eventually the police. Just a thought, IMO.

Good morning, everyone.

29433241_10155311385276935_6323055996807977468_n.jpg
Look at these precious faces!

Tough to imagine the horrible, lonely , nasty place where their own Daddy chose to hide them.

That is highly possible. Some have noted he took nothing of her belongings to dump in the oil tanks or bury. While it is possible he was hyper focused on getting the bodies alone out of the house, he may also have planned to put those items in her car with the car seats...drive it to an iffy part of town in Denver, and leave the keys inside. Just a thought. Then report her missing the next day and say he thought she took off with the kids over his insistence at a separation (he could have even texted with her phone to his this point) and he thought he would let her cool down. But when he didn't hear from her again for 24 hours, he called family and friends, and eventually the police. Just a thought, IMO.
I think that that was how it was supposed to go down, but thank God for NUA.

@cailleach

Whew! This thread moves fast. I stay behind lol. Pardon my late response and sorry to all because I know this might not fall in line with what's currently being discussed.

But in the previous thread, I believe you asked what my thoughts are on Antisocial Personality Disorder with respect to hostility and deep seated anger. I'm not a physician, cannot diagnose, and even if I were, I'd be unable to diagnose anyone over the internet. However, I've learned that people with APD can antagonize, deceive, and manipulate others for personal gain. They are unable or unwilling to show empathy. They do not show any regard for right or wrong. With respect to mood, they may appear bored or overall disengaged.

If they experience symptoms of anger or rage, they are typically impulsive as well. Obviously, impulsivity can present in various ways. There are levels to impulsivity. It can be as harmless as deciding to go for an afternoon drive when you initially planned on cleaning your entire house or as heinous as murdering your entire family. (And then again there's premeditation, but I digress). From what I've read, those who knew CW personally said nothing about his personality indicated to them he could commit a crime of this magnititude. Well, perhaps this is a case of a person only showing you what he wants you to see.

One thing I find particularly concerning is CW's demeanor when he was interviewed about Shanaan and the kids. CW knew at that point that he buried Shanaan in a shallow grave and dumped Bella and CeCe in tanks with crude oil. He knew he killed his family. IMO, he appeared somewhat nervous because he knew the despicable secret he (thought he) was hiding. However, he displayed not one iota of remorse. He didn't show any remorse or empathy at his first court appearance either.

Again, I am not a physician. I am not attempting to diagnose CW. I don't know if he's been diagnosed with APD or not. I do know the behaviors he has publicly displayed do not say grieving husband or grieving father...to me. Some people and simply evil. And nothing I've seen so far in a few video snippets justify what happened to Shanaan and her kids. Nothing.

MOO

Does anyone know if they will show autopsy photos during the trial if there is one ?
I'd like CW to have to see those. Unless he can completely detach himself, I think those images would haunt him.
I think he probably is already haunted by some of what he has done, at least I hope he is. My guess is his nightly dreams are not pleasant IMO MOO JMO

Does anyone know if they will show autopsy photos during the trial if there is one ?
I'd like CW to have to see those. Unless he can completely detach himself, I think those images would haunt him.
I think he probably is already haunted by some of what he has done, at least I hope he is. My guess is his nightly dreams are not pleasant IMO MOO JMO
They usually do, but sometimes just to the jurors.

True, and he did kind of lay the groundwork for that story in his interview.. imo
Yes, but at that point, it was too late to follow through with the plan of she took off after the emotional conversation when he was at work. All her things were there. Could be either scenario still. He definitely left it open with his call with Nichole before she called the police. I think there was a point to mentioning the separation.

Every case is different. The defense will fight with everything they can, to keep particular photos out (like oil covered bodies). They will argue that these photos will inflame the jury, and shouldn’t be shown. We shall see.

Update: Rourke says he has not received autopsy reports in Christopher Watts case

In response to Weld District Court Judge Marcelo Kopcow’s order on Friday, Weld District Attorney Michael Rourke said he does not yet have the autopsy reports for Shanann Watts, 34, and her two daughters, Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3.

Rourke said his office had not received the autopsy reports, nor did it “insinuate” in its Sept. 17 motion they were completed. Rourke said the Weld County Coroner’s Office has not received the final reports from the forensic pathologist.

Every case is different. The defense will fight with everything they can, to keep particular photos out (like oil covered bodies). They will argue that these photos will inflame the jury, and shouldn’t be shown. We shall see.
I don't want to see. During the JA trial when all those photos where shown it gave me nightmares. My brain can't handle things like that. MOO

Even if they do not show the photos, the autopsy report will describe it. I am not sure if it is the same as where I live but in an autopsy, the first line is about the ME's visual assessment of the person.

:) Welcome to Websleuths, @scdiv ! :)

I just posted that video, lol. Great minds think alike! :p
MOO

Other than the video of her singing the song about her hero Daddy, this is the first time I’ve seen her talking. What a beautiful little girl and you can see how much she loves and trusts her mommy. IMO, it’s pretty good evidence that her mom has never and would never hurt her or her sweet little sister. Very sad to watch.

I think he remembered the camera... backing his truck into the drive.
Maybe he couldn't believe somebody cared that much about her... when he didn't.
Possible, yes, but even knowing there were no cameras on the street, I would think a reasonable person looking to avoid prying eyes would have taken that precaution...in fact, he did have a neighbor who was leaving for the gym at that time and saw the truck. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms