Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo the autopsy may have something compelling that the prosecution did not anticipate once they received preliminary findings there the hesitation to get final results is bc they perhaps needed an expert . Moo I believe the timeline matches his confession and can not be disproven. He confessed as to telling the truth and thus far I am still anxiously awaiting the release of these results.

The autopsy may also show compelling evidence they had not anticipated such as a handprint which proves that he committed all the murders.

There’s also the very real possibility that the prosecution has become aware of compelling evidence they did not anticipate from the Vivent security system that his timeline is completely different to the one he gave in his so-called confession.

The autopsy may also show compelling evidence they had not anticipated such as a handprint which proves that he committed all the murders.

There’s also the very real possibility that the prosecution has become aware of compelling evidence they did not anticipate from the Vivent security system that his timeline is completely different to the one he gave in his so-called confession.
CW MUST be really worried.

My god, she’s been diagnosed with how many things just from people looking at her SM. The professionals will be out of work soon ! Lol.

It makes no sense to diagnose someone from a video. Even response to a dog barking is not an admission of guilt and can be sensory processing disorder, for example. Or something totally different.

Psychiatrists are not in agreement themselves, diagnostic-wise, a good example could be "schizoid personality disorder" vs "Asperger's" (I intentionally use old terminology) - both stay in DSM-V but the question remains whether they describe the same.

There are personality tests, there are neuropsychological tests, there are tests for autism, for mood disorder. CW will probably see a forensic psychiatrists and a psychologist. But as of today, we have very little information to diagnose him. Or SW, of course. I think we can talk about "traits" that we see but not disorders. We don't know enough.

Once upon a time, I read everything on the Columbine shooters, including the FBI report. (It is all published). The most shocking revelation was the discrepancy between their diaries (indicating serious mental issues) and visibly functional behavior. I think that even a trained doctor can miss a lot if the person is not honest.

In short, I think that today, we are better off mining for facts than trying to diagnose CW or SW.

But I wold say - CW was abnormal. Scott Peterson was abnormal, too. Because anyone who resorts to choices that 95% of people would not make is off by definition. At the same time, psychiatry might not not yet have the diagnosis for these people. Family annihilation is so much outside of human behavior.

(It would be interesting to run a therapy group for them, btw).

Last edited:

I have wondered if she used her amazon echo to do drop ins with Alexa on her tablet as well. I have the same device. I use my drop in for my dad at the nursing home so I can check on him whenever I want, if I suspected my husband had an affair or if I were suspicious of anything unusual I would simply drop in. I also think it could be possible she had a phone app to check her kids through the moniter. These could be useful as well

An excerpt of an article about family annihilators - The likelihood of suicide increases as guilt increases, and decreases the more you can be convinced other people won't know/won't care.

The Last Psychiatrist: 8 Characteristics of Family Annihilators

This applies with CW imo, and of course, SP, CL and JMacD.

SW doesn't feel guilty, thought he could get away with it and was convinced people just wouldn't care enough about his missing family.

Very interesting article.

More from the article (bbm):

“ . . . But as soon as he decides he's "finished," he starts planning the murders-- weapons/tools obtained, the biggest threat is killed first (i.e. wife before kids), etc.”

That last line got me thinking. Any reason to believe that SW was killed first? She would’ve been the “biggest threat,” IMO.

I also wonder how he may have envisioned his future, had he premeditated her murder, but with some expectation that the girls would be kept alive. JMO.

@Amandaaa Does "T" granted mean he must give his footprints and palm prints?

Curious it's dated as tomorrow?
It seems as if defense may have filed the motion to deny because it’s based upon testimony applying to the collection of the evidence not something C.W. would be testifying upon. So the defense motion would have been based on “why they needed it” but the judge granted prosecution motion to get the prints on this motion. Am I interpreting that correctly @Amandaaa

I've gotta say this is almost insulting even as your opinion. I can see myself in this woman, I have two small kids, a husband who works hard for us, as do I, we sometimes struggle financially, it's feast or famine in his Iron worker line of work, I have child whom has many health issues requiring weekly infusions (very stressful). I too am very clean and organized, in fact my entire extended family jokes about it and it always stings a little bit, I don't know why, I know they are kidding, but I felt no control growing up for a myriad of reasons and sure maybe that's why I am the way I am now but our experiences throughout life make us who we are and it's insulting to this woman that you can make that jump. If SW is the kind of mom I feel she probably was, she loved those girls more than ANYTHING in this world and they would be her first concern. I'm trying to respect that everyone has an opinion here and you are certainly allowed to have your own, I just feel awful that anyone is even entertaining the idea that she hurt those babies. JMO but if my husband told me in the dead of night/early AM that he was leaving his family for someone else and there's an attack happening, it would 100% be me going after him. I would then pack his sh** and tell him to kick rocks.
I agree with you! I know several mom's who are OCD-ish and they are always the ones who bring the water and healthy snacks to soccer practice for everyone, always have an extra jacket for their kids if it gets cold, or happens to have a raincoat or umbrella in the car just in case, they are never late for their kids 6 month checkup at the dentist, take their kids to the Dr for every medical symptom, (just to make sure it's nothing serious, so they say!) And they do all their school shopping three weeks before school starts. Like you said, their first concern is their children. I always envy them. They are the ones I go to for a bandaid and first aid kit when my child gets hurt because they always have one on them. They must be always thinking of their kids if they are always prepared. So I don't see how we can correlate this with the potential to kill. Shanann said she was the dominate one in the marriage and CW seemed content with that. If she wanted revenge all she had to do was take the kids and leave. She was the one with the where-with-all and ability to live on her own independently. I think she knew it and he knew it. What is more likely is that she wanted to separate and he knew he would be losing his comfortable and secure life that she basically ran for him. I also think the fact that he may have had someone in mind to take her place may have played a role in convincing him to wipe out his entire family and start again. Jmo

It seems as if defense may have filed the motion to deny because it’s based upon testimony applying to the collection of the evidence not something C.W. would be testifying upon. So the defense motion would have been based on “why they needed it” but the judge granted prosecution motion to get the prints on this motion. Am I interpreting that correctly @Amandaaa
No. The motion 'T' is to enable the CBI to do the collection of DNA, Palm, Finger and Footprints as the original order granting this was limited to the Frederick Police Department and the DA's office.

Very interesting article.

More from the article (bbm):

“ . . . But as soon as he decides he's "finished," he starts planning the murders-- weapons/tools obtained, the biggest threat is killed first (i.e. wife before kids), etc.”

That last line got me thinking. Any reason to believe that SW was killed first? She would’ve been the “biggest threat,” IMO.

I also wonder how he may have envisioned his future, had he premeditated her murder, but with some expectation that the girls would be kept alive. JMO.
He may have killed her first. But I think he killed the children first as the " biggest threat" would not have been there if he killed the kids before she got home. Jmo

I agree with you! I know several mom's who are OCD-ish and they are always the ones who bring the water and healthy snacks to soccer practice for everyone, always have an extra jacket for their kids if it gets cold, or happens to have a raincoat or umbrella in the car just in case, they are never late for their kids 6 month checkup at the dentist, take their kids to the Dr for every medical symptom, (just to make sure it's nothing serious, so they say!) And they do all their school shopping three weeks before school starts. Like you said, their first concern is their children. I always envy them. They are the ones I go to for a bandaid and first aid kit when my child gets hurt because they always have one on them. They must be always thinking of their kids if they are always prepared. So I don't see how we can correlate this with the potential to kill. Shanann said she was the dominate one in the marriage and CW seemed content with that. If she wanted revenge all she had to do was take the kids and leave. She was the one with the where-with-all and ability to live on her own independently. I think she knew it and he knew it. What is more likely is that she wanted to separate and he knew he would be losing his comfortable and secure life that she basically ran for him. I also think the fact that he may have had someone in mind to take her place may have played a role in convincing him to wipe out his entire family and start again. Jmo
YES! I agree! Btw, I think it should be OCO, order, not disorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper