Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was just part of the story he concocted meant to sell the notion that she took the kids and left him. You know, the they just "vanished" version.
MOO
I think so too. That just shows how truly stupid CW is if he thought people would just buy his story about her taking the girls and leaving everything behind. Just like he was dumb enough to think that LE wouldn't do a thorough investigation and find out about all his other lies.

Funny how some folks think that he couldn't possibly have killed the girls because no one would be dumb enough to think they could get away with it, even though we have direct evidence that he is indeed that stupid. IMO JMO MOO

I am the opposite. My Mom could not go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink or leave for vacation without house clean ("what if there is a fire? What will they think?" until I said: If there is a fire they will be busting in with hoses and not notice and it will be a mess anyway.) The older I get the more I don't care. It is all going to be gone someday anyway.

I just KNEW we all had something more than True Crime in common!

y
What bearing do the videos have? The father murdered his family of 4. Why did he do it? The history of what happened in that family (relationship dynamics, behavior, etc) plus examining all of the stressors is relevant. There are tons of videos and posts
that give a glimpse of their real lives not just acting for the camera.

I have a feeling that the defense will say that SW strangling the kids was due to
Thrive and her Lupus, other illnesses and pregnancy hormones, that caused her to go into a rage and kill the kids.

I believe the defense will also use Thrive as a defense for CW killing SW. They will say that Thrive'sBlack Patch, shakes and supplements (plus any other things he was taking) boosted CWs testerone and he snapped and killed SW because she had killed the kids. They will say it played a role in the bad decisions he made about not calling 911 and burying all the bodies.

The defense will claim that the 2 Watts parents were not themselves due to Thrive and other factors. The defense has seen how the public has reacted in disgust when they heard CW's explanation about SW strangling the girls. It will not fly with the jury.

Originally I thought Chris was a remote, pouty, narcissist. But after watching a ton of the videos, he was very sweet and tender with the girls. It looked like he did a lot of
work around the house and often fed the girls and played with them.

<modsnip: off limits>

@Trinket78 posted a video of Chris' mom (apparentlynicknamed MeMe) arriving at the airport and running and embracing a little toddler Bella. MeMe was very loving.
She wasn't the stone cold MIL I orginally thought she was.

So, without knowing much about Cw's family, I'm not comfortable saying that his family is dysfunctional. CW may be an aberration like John Hinkley Jr who shot Reagan and Brady.

I firmly believe that CW's family is obeying what his defense lawyers have told them to do --- don't talk to the press. It doesn't mean that they are black-hearted and aren't in mourning. Maybe they don't believe CW's story but they are trying to do everything to keep him from being executed. They probably don't now everything about the case yet either.

CW had some of the biggest stressors is life --- financial stress, dealing w/ illness of his wife and 2 daughters, a new baby coming, financial stress, the stress of lying about affairs+ hookups and marital strife.

It's not an excuse to slaughter his family but it is part of the story of what happened
and trying to find out why it happened.

Yes, I still think CW killed them all.

imo
The one that I saw was only a few seconds, if it's the same one. There was not much to see.

I think so too. That just shows how truly stupid CW is if he thought people would just buy his story about her taking the girls and leaving everything behind. Just like he was dumb enough to think that LE wouldn't do a thorough investigation and find out about all his other lies.

Funny how some folks think that he couldn't possibly have killed the girls because no one would be dumb enough to think they could get away with, even though we have direct evidence that he is indeed that stupid. IMO JMO MOO
Exactly. “Stupidity” is not a defense.

Funny how some folks think that he couldn't possibly have killed the girls because no one would be dumb enough to think they could get away with, even though we have direct evidence that he is indeed that stupid. IMO JMO MOO
BBM.
Well said, I share the exact same point of view!

The police or lawyers have not given us another series of events to consider. Nothing about his timeline nor viewing the babies in the moniter can be disproven thus far IMO when the lights are on in a room color can be detected. We know the dog barked that night but not sure if wellness check time therefore it’s highly unlikely none of the people were dead until after she came home. She was told he wanted to separate according to his confession. Why kill her and the kids if he is involved with someone else and leaving?

Why would the lights be on in the children's room? If she was going in to strangle them, why would she turn the lights on first? Would she want her babies to wake up and look at her as she was choking the life out of them?

Why kill her and the kids? ....MONEY and FREEDOM.

Why would the lights be on in the children's room? If she was going in to strangle them, why would she turn the lights on first? Would she want her babies to wake up and look at her as she was choking the life out of them?

Why kill her and the kids? ....MONEY and FREEDOM.
I can’t disprove they were off can you?

It would also coincide with his story, as the time of death would match up. But I'm not sure he would have thought of that. To me it makes more sense that he killed them right before she got home, so he wouldn't have to deal with the huge emotional confrontation if she found out. Then again he still may have killed her as soon as she got home and then killed the babies. Either way I think he killed her right away because I don't think she would have left her suitcase by the stairs. I don't think he would have thought of needing the TOD needing to be around the same because I don't think he thought of that story until the last minute. He knew his story of them leaving or being taken was ruined so I think he never planned on the final story in the first place. It's hard to say because we don't know to what extent it was premeditated.

I still cannot figure out any reason or circumstance where he left the purse on the kitchen counter, or it could be seen through the back door, and the luggage at the bottom of the stairs, or it could be seen from the front door window. That just does not make sense.

Perhaps his story later was going to be that she was not answering the phone if somebody came to peak in the front door or the back door, but did not answer her phone. And he could theorize well, her phone was there, people saw her luggage there like she was leaving, and her purse was on the counter, so she must have been there but just not answering the door?

Because he thought, at an extreme in case a person came by, the person would not call the police and get into the house..... and therefore later his story might be that she was in the house just not answering the phone because she was leaving him and did not want people to know? Who knows.

So do you believe they have received prelim findings? Or not spoken with ME and have zero idea?

imo, they have absolutely spoken to the ME. It is standard procedure to speak to them immediately, and often they would be present during some of the autopsy procedures.

So they would know general COD, like shooting, bludgeoning, drowning, etc. But they would not have the full report because I bet they are doing extensive testing.

I am implying the relationship imo was healthy enough and safe enough that SW felt secure enough to let the MIL stay with the children alone for an extended period using not only the video but correlating the reason of the trip by SW SM.
Where was it said that the girls stayed with the mother in law for an extended period?

@PommyMommy this video it is really hard to answer all of the multiple questions I am getting from the one statement I made to Jennifer17
IIRC, someone asked a question about it yesterday? I don't remember who. I just wanted to see it to figure out what you were talking about. It's probably too late now - I have slept since then, lol. Might be helpful to link what you're discussing at the beginning of the conversation so as not to cause confusion.
MOO

I still cannot figure out any reason or circumstance where he left the purse on the kitchen counter, or it could be seen through the back door, and the luggage at the bottom of the stairs, or it could be seen from the front door window. That just does not make sense.

Perhaps his story later was going to be that she was not answering the phone if somebody came to peak in the front door or the back door, but did not answer her phone. And he could theorize well, her phone was there, people saw her luggage there like she was leaving, and her purse was on the counter, so she must have been there but just not answering the door?

Because he thought, at an extreme in case a person came by, the person would not call the police and get into the house..... and therefore later his story might be that she was in the house just not answering the phone because she was leaving him and did not want people to know? Who knows.
Don’t forget, he wasn’t able to do whatever it was he planned to do, because of Shanann’s friend alerting law enforcement, likely far earlier than he had planned.

Because things were discovered in a certain place, doesn’t mean that they would have been left there, had things gone according to plan.

When people say that they have OCD, they generally aren’t being literal (some obviously are).

It’s an expression commonly used to mean “I like things very orderly.”

Yeah and how is it relevant to this case at all? Did she murder the kids because they placed an object in the wrong spot?

People with true OCD (some amongn my inlaws), often have rituals they have to follow, obsessive thoughts, and quite often have trouble working or getting actual things done due to the interference in daily life of their constant obsessions.

Example? A relative of mine (by marriage), cannot hold a job because he becomes fixated on something and feels obsessed and has to quit.

He has to say, "God bless you. I love you." Over and over and over to all us family and friends.

Another in law has religious obsession. They call it "scrupolisty". He can barely do anything for fear of sinning.

It's bizarre and has to do with the ability to function and to not feel torment on a daily basis.

I have not known it to be related to homicidal ideation. Although suicidal ideation might be present in those suffering a lot.

Many people claim to be OCD or Type A or whatever, just as you said - to describe their predilection for order.

The actual condition from what I've observed is debilitating and interferes with a person's day to day life and ability to function.

What the heck does it have to do with this case?

Last edited:
IIRC, someone asked a question about it yesterday? I don't remember who. I just wanted to see it to figure out what you were talking about. It's probably too late now - I have slept since then, lol. Might be helpful to link what you're discussing at the beginning of the conversation so as not to cause confusion.
MOO
I will thanks I can see the confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members