Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good night my lovelies. I'm off to get some beauty (cough) sleep.

snooze-boat-smiley.gif

It makes no sense to diagnose someone from a video. Even response to a dog barking is not an admission of guilt and can be sensory processing disorder, for example. Or something totally different.

Psychiatrists are not in agreement themselves, diagnostic-wise, a good example could be "schizoid personality disorder" vs "Asperger's" (I intentionally use old terminology) - both stay in DSM-V but the question remains whether they describe the same.

There are personality tests, there are neuropsychological tests, there are tests for autism, for mood disorder. CW will probably see a forensic psychiatrists and a psychologist. But as of today, we have very little information to diagnose him. Or SW, of course. I think we can talk about "traits" that we see but not disorders. We don't know enough.

Once upon a time, I read everything on the Columbine shooters, including the FBI report. (It is all published). The most shocking revelation was the discrepancy between their diaries (indicating serious mental issues) and visibly functional behavior. I think that even a trained doctor can miss a lot if the person is not honest.

In short, I think that today, we are better off mining for facts than trying to diagnose CW or SW.

But I wold say - CW was abnormal. Scott Peterson was abnormal, too. Because anyone who resorts to choices that 95% of people would not make is off by definition. At the same time, psychiatry might not not yet have the diagnosis for these people. Family annihilation is so much outside of human behavior.

(It would be interesting to run a therapy group for them, btw).

I agree, we can not diagnose from SM videos, I think diagnoses on mental health issues can take many visits with health professionals/ psychiatrists ect. I will be really interested to read any psychiatric reports on CW, however will be surprised if he actually has a confirmed mental illness, if I’m correct, psychopathy/ sociopathy is not a mental illness ? Which I would make an uneducated gues on him having. I agree also family annihilation is luckily rare and they probably don’t have a diagnosis for that yet.
From the videos I’ve seen of SW she seems like she was a very grounded, emotionally secure woman and I will be surprised if she was diagnosed with any mental health condition. I could be way off as I’m not a professional. MOO

Do you believe that she came home and went to bed and to sleep? If she was first and fought back and the girls heard, wouldn't he risk them screaming and waking neighbors? I was in the ER last night and there was a little girl, about 3 years old, crying and screaming. Nothing serious, but it could be heard clearly, for some distance.

Thanks for your great information and opinions, by the way. Much appreciated.
I think it must be almost impossible to scream while being strangled. Assuming he did it correctly, she may have been unconscious within 10- 15 seconds. Imo. Also some kids sleep very deeply. A bomb could go off and my daughter wouldn't wake up. Especially when she was 3 or 4. Jmo

I agree, we can not diagnose from SM videos, I think diagnoses on mental health issues can take many visits with health professionals/ psychiatrists ect. I will be really interested to read any psychiatric reports on CW, however will be surprised if he actually has a confirmed mental illness, if I’m correct, psychopathy/ sociopathy is not a mental illness ? Which I would make an uneducated gues on him having. I agree also family annihilation is luckily rare and they probably don’t have a diagnosis for that yet.
From the videos I’ve seen of SW she seems like she was a very grounded, emotionally secure woman and I will be surprised if she was diagnosed with any mental health condition. I could be way off as I’m not a professional. MOO
Antisocial Personality Disorder is a mental illness. It's in the DSM 5

It depends on your definition of psychopathy/sociopathy. A psychopath may have antisocial personality disorder which is a mental illness. But you can have psychopathic traits without having APD.

IMO there were several underlying issues SW had that may attributed her to feel threatened by him leaving. Perhaps one of her parents or someone close made her feel insecure and that is why she was OCD and needed control of the little things and her surroundings.

What underlying issues did she have? Do you have proof?

‘Perhaps one of her parents’
Thought you said not to bring up CW’s family because they are victims and have suffered enough. So, why is it ok to bring up her family ?

It makes more sense to talk about the actions and family of CW. The one that confessed to such henious crimes. Only he confessed by implicating his wife because he realized he was done. He realized he had done a poor job, once again in his life. Poor ‘brilliant’ smart kid Chris, misunderstood again, abused by his wife, was asked to hang baby clothes and watch HIS children while she was out working. Oh, poor chris. May he suffer every minute of his insignificant life.

It's the mantra now. No death penalty. Let them live out their lives in prison. Have any of you seen the privileges and all the perks these lifers get in prison? It's a reward for a lot of them. The ONLY thing they fear is their own mortality. Those who commit murders as atrocious as this have no conscience, so it is no deterrent to give them LIFE when they gave their victims DEATH. Another well known "untruth" is that it is "cheaper" to keep them for 50-60 years in prison than it is to give them the death penalty. The prison system gets paid per prisoner to keep them alive. I have two "retired" relatives who worked for years in the prison system. Most prisoners eventually lead a rather acceptable life in prison. No work, free everything. There are exceptions, but it's rare. Watch some yt videos of what really goes on behind prison doors, it will appall you. It sure did me. MOO, JMO.

While I believe some people deserve to die for the atrocities they commit, I am opposed to the death penalty.

I also think it will be repealed in Colorado so it's meaningless.

That being said, life on death row in certain states is far more restrictive than life in the regular prison, and for that reason I think death row is more appropriate for some murderers.

For example, life on death row would've been hell for Jodi Arias and exactly what she deserves IMO. In regular prison she is free to engage in romantic relationships, move about freely and associate with and manipulate every inmate and prison guard she comes across.

That would be harder if not impossible on death row.

Scott Peterson is where he belongs. Life is pretty restrictive for him although he can play games with other inmates and has a tv.

Looks like in Colorado, death row is in the regular prison on a specific wing. Life differs in that the prisoners are only allowe dput of their cells one hour per day.

So the lack of socialization is the big difference.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/31287181

I feel that is appropriate for a baby killer, which is what I think the facts show CW to be.

I think he is about my size- 6'0'... about 170 lbs.
He is a little bit in better shape (I am 53) but I think I have better brain muscles.
Originally I thought he was around 6' (my husband's height) but he seemed smaller in his orange jumpsuit.
Off topic - I just got a message that they've found a body outside the park where little Maddox was last seen. :(

Is that special?
No it seems the video is of SW recording grandbabies running in glee to see someone they love. It seems SW did not sense a threat of security or physical risk enabling the care of her grandchildren to her while her and CW went on another getaway. This seems highly normal and zero dysfunction to be noted. Moo

Last edited:
I can not confirm the accuracy of this data - but it states CW height is 5' 10" ?????
His weight is 154 lbs. ?????

Chris Watts Wiki (Colorado)| Biography| Height| Age| Wife| Net Worth| Family
I don't think that wikibiography is very accurate. It states his FULL NAME as Chris Watts which is incorrect, his full name is Christopher Lee Watts. It also doesn't have his birth date. I would estimate his weight to be more around 170 pounds, he is quite muscular. MOO.

It depends on your definition of psychopathy/sociopathy. A psychopath may have antisocial personality disorder which is a mental illness. But you can have psychopathic traits without having APD.
I believe he has psychopathic traits but not necessarily an actual mental illness. What is your opinion, with the understanding that you may hesitate considering you have not evaluated this person, and it is just a general opinion?

No it seems the video is of SW recording grandbabies running in glee to see someone they love. It seems SW did not sense a threat of security or physical risk enabling the care of her grandchildren to her while her and CW went on another getaway. This seems highly normal and zero dysfunction to be noted.
Was there an assumption that this showed some evidence of dysfunction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper