Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What in the world is it about this guy? What is it about him that makes some people want to defend his disgusting actions or at least want to believe him? I know some say they are just looking at both sides until we have all of the evidence but it sure seems like some people want to believe his ridiculous story so bad no matter what. I've never seen such sympathy for a murderer before.
Great points.

I get your point. I'm thinking he could've disposed of them in any field, ditch, culvert along the 50 miles or so he drove.

But it certainly makes sense that he would dispose of them in a place he is familiar with where he thinks they'd be concealed. Doesn't explain where he put his wife though.
it might have been temporary?
gruesome sorry what im about to say....
maybe he was going to put her in as well just when she got 'smaller'.:oops::(

Hmm. What makes you think he lacked the ability to respond?

We know the guy had agency. I mean he had an affair. He refused to eat his wife's carefully prepared meals.

But so you think that if there were signs this man was arrogant that might be a sign? It's possible. But no one who knew scott Peterson prior to the murder described him that way. Not one. He was excessively charming and conciliatory. Not known to be a braggart or even vain to my knowledge.

As to being religious, about a third of the country is super religious. But most aren't depraved.
Well said, kudos.

Hmm. What makes you think he lacked the ability to respond?

We know the guy had agency. I mean he had an affair. He refused to eat his wife's carefully prepared meals.

But so you think that if there were signs this man was arrogant that might be a sign? It's possible. But no one who knew scott Peterson prior to the murder described him that way. Not one. He was excessively charming and conciliatory. Not known to be a braggart or even vain to my knowledge.

As to being religious, about a third of the country is super religious. But most aren't depraved.

I didn't know he refused to eat the meals. Could you please provide the source link for that?

Alright, so I just tested the viability of fitting an average sized 4-year old into a hole with an 8inch diameter.

My niece is almost 5, but she’s a little on the small side, so I think it’s a decent comparison.

I used a ruler and string to measure her at her widest points.

The clear issue is the shoulders. She is about 9.5 inches from blade to blade.

Without knowing Bella’s exact size, it is difficult to determine how much force he would have had to exert in order to make her fit.

But he would have had to use force.

The autopsy results will obviously provide some answers here, as even if he angled her in some way, there would almost certainly be clear marks left on her body.

I didn't know he refused to eat the meals. Could you please provide the source link for that?

It's a post from her Facebook. I lack the ability to find it right now. She sort of joked about how she made all these meals and "he grilled" instead.

I'm sure he ate some but the fact that he didn't eat all of them shows he wasn't scared of his wife's wrath like some appear to be insinuating.

You think if she was a controlling abuser that he was terrified of he wouldn't at least pretend to have eaten every last morsel of those 35 meals?

In regards to CW's confession/accusation to the police, I'd like to pose a hypothetical situation and then ask a question,

A bank is robbed, a guard shot and killed and the money disappears. Soon the police show up at my door with evidence and questions and I realize I'm a suspect so I tell them; I flew into a fit of fear and rage when I saw the guard draw his gun because I thought he would trigger a gun battle that would kill a lot of people, including me. I the took the money so there was no reason for the real robbers to stay, thus removing the danger.

Am I a victim?

A hero?

Or

A bank robber?

Was the guard maniac?

Remove the emotion, look at the facts and evidence logically, what does it tell us?

It's a post from her Facebook. I lack the ability to find it right now. She sort of joked about how she made all these meals and "he grilled" instead.

I'm sure he ate some but the fact that he didn't eat all of them shows he wasn't scared of his wife's wrath like some appear to be insinuating.

You think if she was a controlling abuser that he was terrified of he wouldn't at least pretend to have eaten every last morsel of those 35 meals?

Thank you for providing the source.

I always enjoyed and appreciated when my mom would cook and freeze meals for when she was out of town.

In regards to the 8 inch opening. I hate asking this, but the flexibility of the girl's bodies would depend on when the girls were killed, wouldn't it?
I guess so. If they were killed several hours before Shanann, then rigor may have set in.

I suppose that any stiffness may affect flexibility. I’ve never handled a dead body nor attempted to force one into a small opening, so this is speculation on my part.

I guess so. If they were killed several hours before Shanann, then rigor may have set in.

I suppose that any stiffness may affect flexibility. I’ve never handled a dead body nor attempted to force one into a small opening, so this is speculation on my part.
Thank you. I was thinking of rigor, but it's hard putting into words.

If the theorizing about the 8" hole turned out to be true.... would that be something that might make CW's attorneys suggest to him that he take a plea as it might be too prejudicial with a jury?

There's a part of me that would like to see a full trial for him, but I don't want the grandparents, aunties and uncles subjected to hearing things like that :/

If the theorizing about the 8" hole turned out to be true.... would that be something that might make CW's attorneys suggest to him that he take a plea as it might be too prejudicial with a jury?

There's a part of me that would like to see a full trial for him, but I don't want the grandparents, aunties and uncles subjected to hearing things like that :/
It certainly would inflame the jury, but so would the fact that they were put in oil tanks in the first place.

I've got one foot on the ground (SW side) and one *ss cheek barely on on the fence. The only thing keeping me from jumping off the fence is "what if". I know the "what if" is very slim and everything CW has done and said in the aftermath are absolutely horrific, but I can't seem to make myself jump. I'm second guessing my thoughts and I've been asking myself if I'm putting too much weight into innocent until proven guilty. I don't know, it's really frustrating and I'm anxious for more information to come out.
jmo

The moment I heard Shanann was missing, I hoped that she had an exit strategy for a bad situation. I thought, maybe she had extra meds, IDs etc, and just left. (Even though I talked to Shanann a lot, other than typically complaining about the hubbies, nothing was ever said to make me even think she was in a bad situation.) But then, I saw CW first interview. Immediately my mind said, oh my God he killed them all.

I found WS and haven't left. I have looked at both sides, trying to ignore the sidetracks that have been thrown in regarding her parenting, health, etc., I was never on the fence exactly, just willing. I can't say that anymore, but totally understand how people may need more.

Just a quick thanks to everyone for being so kind and welcoming!

Edit by me

The coincidence of CW being the one person in the world we have evidence of, who is sane, sober and neurotypical, who "grieves" in such a bizarre and unheard of manner, but also had his kids murdered by his wife, is too great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE