Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, CW did not want anybody to enter his home on that fateful Monday. Disabling the garage door keypad is very easy and simply requires removing the battery located on bottom of keypad. (Dad was quick to remove the keypad battery whenever we left on holiday after discovering his know it all teens gave the code out to friends). Resetting the code (if required), is not difficult but can be inconvenient if moving cars out of the garage necessary to pair signal. I don't believe the keypad was "broken" but intentionally disabled.
All along I’ve assumed it was working fine and he just lied so they couldn’t use it. CW disabling it would require a degree of forethought/anticipation not really demonstrated by him elsewhere IMO. Maybe we’ll learn which it was at the trial. Do you guys think the police would check wheether it was really broken after they suspected CW?

At a recent trial (Rohde), the Judge prevented the Expert Witness, from continuing, in giving a Psychological Assessment, on the victim: as having 'no evidence', other than hear say etc.
Here, we have 'family videos', possibly promoting Thrive.

Which is not evidence to enable a psych assessment. Not remotely, conceivably close.

All along I’ve assumed it was working fine and he just lied so they couldn’t use it. CW disabling it would require a degree of forethought/anticipation not really demonstrated by him elsewhere IMO. Maybe we’ll learn which it was at the trial. Do you guys think the police would check wheether it was really broken after they suspected CW?
I definitely think police would verify this. I also completely agree, and think that he lied about it being broken.

The whole thing was sloppy, there’s no reason to think he thought that far ahead. I’m impressed he remembered to put the chain on the door.

@Amandaaa - didn’t you say you couldn't find one?
I looked and couldn’t find anything similar where they had sealed the report. Granted, I didn’t look too long...

But generally, if sealing is granted, it is because 1) nobody has been charged for the crime crime yet, or 2) it’s something enormous and unusual (mass shooting) and the families would be injured by the release

Here, neither of those apply - not saying they couldn’t be successful with this argument, I’ve just never seen another case like it

I hope they checked it. I’m going to say they did.
JMO

I looked and couldn’t find anything similar where they had sealed the report. Granted, I didn’t look too long...

But generally, if sealing is granted, it is because 1) nobody has been charged for the crime crime yet, or 2) it’s something enormous and unusual (mass shooting) and the families would be injured by the release

Here, neither of those apply - not saying they couldn’t be successful with this argument, I’ve just never seen another case like it

Thank you.

I definitely think police would verify this. I also completely agree, and think that he lied about it being broken.

The whole thing was sloppy, there’s no reason to think he thought that far ahead. I’m impressed he remembered to put the chain on the door.
Personally I think he just forgot to take it off. I don’t think anything was staged. He thought he’d have plenty of time to stage later because everyone would believe his tale that they had separated and she left w/the girls.

Personally I think he just forgot to take it off. I don’t think anything was staged. He thought he’d have plenty of time to stage later because everyone would believe his tale that they had separated and she left w/the girls.
Actually, that makes a lot more sense.

For whatever it’s worth, AB had a forensics expert on who said there may be oil residue from finger and palm prints on the girls necks, and the super glue fusion technique may just lift them off and preserve them. Might happen.
And where would his palm prints be?
God, I don’t know. Maybe on the shoulders, beneath the neck, or maybe on the upper chest, beneath them the neck? AB’s expert didn’t say.
And this is why he shouldn't have done what he did to the bodies if he expects proof that she did it.

Jmo

We don’t know of any evidence at this time, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t any. JMO

That is quite doubtful. I don't know of any psychologists or psychiatrists who would diagnose a dead person who they can't evaluate.

Evidence that SW was super jealous, however, vengeful, made threats to harm herself or others, said things like "If you ever try to leave me, you will be sorry." Or "I will never let you go." That all will come in if it can be authenticated.

The state just has to point to 'at any reasonable time' and suggest it is reasonable to wait until after the jury is chosen and the witnesses interviewed.

That’s not how I understand the law, but again, I’m not a CO resident nor an attorney.

And where would his palm prints be?

And this is why he shouldn't have done what he did to the bodies if he expects proof that she did it.

Jmo
Yeah. If anything, this shows that he concocted his story well after the fact.

You don’t stage evidence, just to destroy it.

Are any lawyers here able to locate Colorado case law within the past 4 years where the autopsy results were not released? Under what circumstances? That might help us understand what the Tipping Point is.

I'm still looking for case law, but I did find this current request.

El Paso County coroner seeks to hide Flick and Zetina's autopsy reports

In his petition for review of the public records requests, Bux argues that disclosure of the autopsy reports would "cause substantial injury to the public interest." In support of that assertion, he states that their release would cause harm to Flick's family.

Am I using the correct terminology is to case law? Just looking for prior cases and what justification they had and whether it was her approved or not in the state of Colorado to compare to this case

That is quite doubtful. I don't know of any psychologists or psychiatrists who would diagnose a dead person who they can't evaluate.

Evidence that SW was super jealous, however, vengeful, made threats to harm herself or others, said things like "If you ever try to leave me, you will be sorry." Or "I will never let you go." That all will come in if it can be authenticated.
I truly think he wanted to post those type of texts from her phone but didn't have the time to be at 2 locations at once so their phones pinged off 2 separate towers.

It would not surprise me one bit if LE checked it out! He'd be really stupid to lie about this.....

Do we know she was never evaluated by a mental health professional, or sought treatment for mental health issues?

But maybe he thought at the very least he would keep it locked... just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member