Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's put it this way:

I cannot really think of one, single case involving a mother who murdered her kids in which reports about her having psychological issues, bizarre behavior, 911 calls, threats, mental health treatment, etc., wasn't released by someone within DAYS of the murders.
That's why imo this case is receiving International Attention.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ps...ill-their-kids-revenge-against-the-mother?amp
Why ever more fathers are killing their children: Top criminologist reveals her research into this sickening trend | Daily Mail Online
13 Signs Your Father Is About To Become A Family Annihilator

Really interesting reading. The last one is chilling, because it describes CW to a definite extent, right down to the month of the killing.

I believe CW had rage, against SW for several reasons, blamed her for financial trouble, angry that she traveled for work, she was the reason for why he had to kill the children. That is why he states SW "killed" the children. I wouldn't be surprised if he could pass a lie detector test on this, it is because he has convinced himself of it. Also, she could not take away "his" children. Control.

Sorry to backtrack a bit to earlier discussion here... and some may wish to scroll by if they found MassGuy's string and ruler experiment to be distasteful. (I found inspiration in the experiment, myself.)

I visited with my 7 & 9 year-old nieces this afternoon. We did some crafts, including pretty, decorated cardboard 'frames' to show off their lovely artwork. I cut an 8" hole in each of their cardboard rectangles, and before we decorated, casually asked them if they thought they could fit their whole bodies through the hole. They thought it was a hilariously fun game, btw. The youngest (who's almost 8, actually, but rather small for her age) fit through quite easily, save for a bit of wriggling when she passed her shoulders through (arms stretched up above her head). I don't even think she'd have had to wriggle if she hadn't been wearing a somewhat bulky sweater, tbh. Her big sister was a little disappointed that hers didn't quite fit, so we cut an extra inch out of the centre, and she, too, was able to pass through the bigger circle ~ much to her delight.

I found it oddly reassuring to think that those sweet little angels perhaps didn't undergo the kind of extreme manipulation that I'd thought may be required to fit through those tiny tank openings. I realize that a flat cardboard cutout isn't going to offer the same kind of rigid resistance that the metal tanks would, but still made me optimistic that at least they may not have endured that additional torture.

That's crazy, because I went to a cake shop today, and picked up an 8" round, and my hand fit over it.

Great questions. I would love to know too.
Yes, a friend of my mine Whitney Heichel was murdered. Her killer did plead guilty and then skipped the trial and went prison. His atty backed him up when he (J. Holt) made the decision not to fight the charges.
For Whitney's family, and for the rest of us, we were grateful....

Can I ask longtime posters, is it allowed to snip another poster's quote
for brevity if you just want to respond to a couple of their sentences?

Would we just type - "snipped by The Saint for brevity?"
While you're asking. Could we please do MDINA = Mods delete if not allowed?

FCA (felon Casey Anthony) set the standard as how to pay for a lawyer?. Sell your lifetime rights/photos/ etc. to your story.?
Yup, nobody to stop her in her tracks!
However, I do recall L. Peterson Mum immediately filing wrongful death lawsuit against SP upon his arrest to prevent him from selling his story and/or profiting from her daughter and grand baby's murder prior to his conviction. (Laws are in place to prevent profiting post conviction).

I don't usually ignore people but I am for this case, otherwise I fear I would be put on timeout. I can't help myself. I'm moved to defend innocent victims like SW. Hopefully by the end of this case I can take everyone off of ignore. I think a few have already come around after the size of the thief hatches was revealed. There's probably quite a bit more damning info that will come out and sway the rest before this case is over. MOO.
What a profound comment. "Time out" is such an irritation. Lol!! All laughs aside, damning info will come out, yes it will come out and prevail. Prevail and yet at the same time its gonna hurt....

I don't usually ignore people but I am for this case, otherwise I fear I would be put on timeout. I can't help myself. I'm moved to defend innocent victims like SW. Hopefully by the end of this case I can take everyone off of ignore. I think a few have already come around after the size of the thief hatches was revealed. There's probably quite a bit more damning info that will come out and sway the rest before this case is over. MOO.

I also feel very strongly about protecting victims. This probably goes back to my childhood when a close relative of mine was a homicide detective. After his cases were done, he would sometimes tell us a little about the victims and their families. It was very extremely hard to hear, and I'm not sure how he was able to do his job for so many years.

I've also never put anyone on ignore before this case. I'm pretty sure I've got a couple of "mutual" ignores where we are ignoring each other - lol. That's ok - it does work.

Yup, nobody to stop her in her tracks!
However, I do recall L. Peterson Mum immediately filing wrongful death lawsuit against SP upon his arrest to prevent him from selling his story and/or profiting from her daughter and grand baby's murder prior to his conviction. (Laws are in place to prevent profiting post conviction).

CA was able to make money off of this because she wasn't convicted. Is that correct?

CA was able to make money off of this because she wasn't convicted. Is that correct?
I don’t think she ever made money off of it. There were rumors that she was going to do a paid tv interview, but that never materialized.

Her parents have said that they would sue her if she tried to profit.

Theoretically, she could try, because she wasn’t convicted.

So many people who knew Shan’ann dearly loved her. When they speak of her they use words like inspirational, positive force, caring, my hero, loving, hardworking. Many even called her a leader. It’s beyond me how some people, who never met her, can watch a few videos she posted on Facebook, and come to the conclusion that she suffered from mental illness.

Unfortunately people are that judgemental. I thinks it's even important as a professional to listen very very carefully to your patients to find the right diagnosis if somebody has a real mental problem. What I noticed is that people often say "oh look what a sad face she had"// "she must have been crying"// "she looks depressive". Of course depression can be reflected on your face but it could also have been that it was her common look or she lacked from sleep or she had pain from her lupus etc. etc. etc. You can not say because somebody seems to look sad he/she has a depression or because someone seems to take his children to the doctors very often he/she is a hypochondriac or is a control freak or whatever.

And one thing makes me really really sad and even more angry when she is judged in her videos: those videos just caught a small moment out of her daily life and they can and will probably be seen in 10/20/30 years and people will still be judging her in 10/20/30 years but she can not make any difference. Even if she did "small mistakes" which now got mentioned under her videos she has absolutly NO CHANCE to make it better in the future. Never. She has no more years/months/weeks/days/minutes or even seconds. Because her life was cut short by her loving husband. I find that incredibly unfair and I hope that people take this in consideration someday when they call her a bad mother or wife. Life is learning and growing. But she has lost her's to the person some strangers now try to defend the best they can.

Last edited:
While you're asking. Could we please do MDINA = Mods delete if not allowed?

This is totally serious and not me being snarky at all...

Why do people put "mods please delete if not allowed"? In my experience as a mod on another forum, if it's not allowed then we just delete it whether the poster wrote that or not. As a mod, I've never understood posters who wrote this so I am wondering if I just missed something in internet etiquette along the way.

Compmety understand why you are asking. I would ask too. But I hope you can understand it’s important to me I respect her privacy, and it’s not for me to say.
That's a very good answer. I'm sure we can assume that there are many things friends or people familiar with the case would not want to share. Jmo

Why do people put "mods please delete if not allowed"? In my experience as a mod on another forum, if it's not allowed then we just delete it whether the poster wrote that or not. As a mod, I've never understood posters who wrote this so I am wondering if I just missed something in internet etiquette along the way.
I've always wondered about that too...

I get what you mean. For me its because I'm new and when I first starting reading this forum I saw others do it. It's like I don't want to get in trouble yet! :)

I guess it’s done in the hope that the mod will show some mercy on them if they’re violating the rules.

It shows acknowledgment that a post is questionable, and isn’t an intentional effort to violate the rules.

Whether it matters or not, well that’s up to the mods I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE