Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is the keypad operates the exterior garage door, and the one I had was mounted on the exterior wall of the house, right by my garage doors.

LE could not get into the house because the windows were all locked and the doors they tried were all locked from the inside. They asked C for the code to the exterior garage door and he told them it wasn't working.

Why? My thoughts are he didn't want LE to enter the house without him. I think he hoped he could control any observations they might make in the house.

The security system I've read he Watts' had in their home recorded the opening and closing (and times, etc.) of the interior garage door that goes directly from the house into the garage. CW stated that door was typically not locked.

Hope that helps!

This is a random thought in regards to CW not wanting them to walk through on their own and see certain things. I wonder where the dog was in the house when NUA showed up? Do we know that info? Also, did police walk in through the garage the moment he arrived or did CW ask them to wait on the front porch while he went in through the garage and opened the front door?

To our WS attorneys,
Something came up in the Kavanaugh hearing that made me curious about CW's attorneys. Dr. Ford's female attorney said that Ford's
attorneys had paid for the polygraph examination given to Dr. Ford. That is standard procedure for their firm.

Is it different for homicide cases? I thought defense lawyers never asked their client whether they are guilty becase as officers of the court,
they couldn't knowingly tell lies before the court.

Is it standard procedure to polygraph your clients?

This is a random thought in regards to CW not wanting them to walk through on their own and see certain things. I wonder where the dog was in the house when NUA showed up? Do we know that info? Also, did police walk in through the garage the moment he arrived or did CW ask them to wait on the front porch while he went in through the garage and opened the front door?
NUA's testimony will be riveting.

Personally I think he just forgot to take it off. I don’t think anything was staged. He thought he’d have plenty of time to stage later because everyone would believe his tale that they had separated and she left w/the girls.

Or maybe SW latched it after entering the front door early that morning.

I also don't know if I believe the key pad story. However, it could be true. It seems logical that the cops would have tried to punch in some numbers on the keypad. If it was completely broken, it wouldn't light up when pressed. Wouldn't that be easy to verify? If CW says it's broken but it is registering touch..that would immediately put suspicion on CW. Just speculating.

Sorry to backtrack a bit to earlier discussion here... and some may wish to scroll by if they found MassGuy's string and ruler experiment to be distasteful. (I found inspiration in the experiment, myself.)

I visited with my 7 & 9 year-old nieces this afternoon. We did some crafts, including pretty, decorated cardboard 'frames' to show off their lovely artwork. I cut an 8" hole in each of their cardboard rectangles, and before we decorated, casually asked them if they thought they could fit their whole bodies through the hole. They thought it was a hilariously fun game, btw. The youngest (who's almost 8, actually, but rather small for her age) fit through quite easily, save for a bit of wriggling when she passed her shoulders through (arms stretched up above her head). I don't even think she'd have had to wriggle if she hadn't been wearing a somewhat bulky sweater, tbh. Her big sister was a little disappointed that hers didn't quite fit, so we cut an extra inch out of the centre, and she, too, was able to pass through the bigger circle ~ much to her delight.

I found it oddly reassuring to think that those sweet little angels perhaps didn't undergo the kind of extreme manipulation that I'd thought may be required to fit through those tiny tank openings. I realize that a flat cardboard cutout isn't going to offer the same kind of rigid resistance that the metal tanks would, but still made me optimistic that at least they may not have endured that additional torture.

according to a VI, the dog was in the house and ok.
Shanann Watts (34) and daughters Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

I thought the ignored posters' windows came up just not their text.

Not anymore, not since the switch to the new site. You don't even know you are missing posts. And you also will not get alerts from ignored members if they quote you or tag you in a post. You'll only know about it if you decide to select "Show Ignored Content" or read the thread while logged out or if someone PMs you to ask why you didn't respond to someone on a thread.

I don't know how CW let LE into the house. I've not seen that stated anywhere. I have seen that the dog was in the garage, because the neighbors apparently heard the dog barking and it was coming from the garage. Also, not sure if the dog was kenneled.

So, it was either a delaying tactic by CW to have LE and NUA wait for him to get back to the house. And/or, CW didn't want to go back and forth through that door when he carried the bodies out because the keypad could have kept track of his movements and time-stamp his going through the inner garage door.

Wow, That thought never occurred to me.

Excellent observation.

It could be that not only the outside garage door was disconnected or did not work, it could also be that the indoor garage door to the home from the garage was not connected. I had just assumed he did that so the outer garage door did not open with the code.

If he did that, boy what premeditation and I do hope law enforcement has all the download and all the information from the company on such.

Sorry to backtrack a bit to earlier discussion here... and some may wish to scroll by if they found MassGuy's string and ruler experiment to be distasteful. (I found inspiration in the experiment, myself.)

I visited with my 7 & 9 year-old nieces this afternoon. We did some crafts, including pretty, decorated cardboard 'frames' to show off their lovely artwork. I cut an 8" hole in each of their cardboard rectangles, and before we decorated, casually asked them if they thought they could fit their whole bodies through the hole. They thought it was a hilariously fun game, btw. The youngest (who's almost 8, actually, but rather small for her age) fit through quite easily, save for a bit of wriggling when she passed her shoulders through (arms stretched up above her head). I don't even think she'd have had to wriggle if she hadn't been wearing a somewhat bulky sweater, tbh. Her big sister was a little disappointed that hers didn't quite fit, so we cut an extra inch out of the centre, and she, too, was able to pass through the bigger circle ~ much to her delight.

I found it oddly reassuring to think that those sweet little angels perhaps didn't undergo the kind of extreme manipulation that I'd thought may be required to fit through those tiny tank openings. I realize that a flat cardboard cutout isn't going to offer the same kind of rigid resistance that the metal tanks would, but still made me optimistic that at least they may not have endured that additional torture.
Thank you for your post. I don't have issue with creative experiments for this kind of thing. I did some facial measurements of my preschool class during the Casey Anthony trial, but they just thought we were doing a fun activity, because I made it a fun activity, as did you. I figure as long as the kids don't know what you're doing and are safe and having fun, there's no harm.

I don't know how CW let LE into the house. I've not seen that stated anywhere. I have seen that the dog was in the garage, because the neighbors apparently heard the dog barking and it was coming from the garage. Also, not sure if the dog was kenneled.
The Thayers reportedly took in the family dog until he could be delivered to SW family.

Ha! It’s good to know that I’m not the only one subjecting little kids to horrible abuse.

Thanks for the info, and hopefully you’re right in regard to it being possible.

If the alternative is true, it certainly hurts CW come trial. But I truly hope he didn’t have to force anything.

IMO, the age of their mortgage pretty much indicates there would be no cash realized in this sale after selling costs. And yes, the Estate of CW would most likely be entitled to share in any profit or loss (and funds-- if realized).

With life insurance, he cannot get money from it because he killed SW.Can he profit from the sale of anything such as the house, cars?

Thanks to you and your nieces for doing this experiment.

Thanks everyone. I'll scroll from now on. ;)
Not sure if it helps, if I see response that I cannot figure out it's always responding to a member I ignored, there is a "show ignored content" at the bottom of my page. So sometimes if I see an odd post I cannot understand I click the "show" and the ignored post with appear as well as an orange banner above it that says "You are ignoring content by this member (or similar wording)". But has to be done every page, so I rarely use it. I do however use roll and scroll constantly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties