Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The garage would have provided more concealment.

It’s easier to drag bodies undetected, from garage to car, than carrying them out the front door. It was simply practical.
But not if the keypad is tracking you and the time of day. How could he explain going in and out a million times? I guess he could have just gone one or two times carrying the bodies in the garbage bags.

I think someone was checking out whether the keypad had a camera or not. I know it talked to SW when she went through that door on Xmas eve to get CW's phone out of the garage.

One thing that I've been wanting to say is that I don't think CW would want to sell the house now, because he has 2 public defenders. I think that they are good lawyers.

If CW sold the house, would he have to split the profit with Shanann's family?

Even if CW only got half of home sale profit, it would push him into having to pay for an attorney, correct?

I believe they didn't have enough equity to push him into a money situation that he could afford an attorney.

One thing that I've been wanting to say is that I don't think CW would want to sell the house now, because he has 2 public defenders. I think that they are good lawyers.

Even if CW only got half of home sale profit, it would push him into having to pay for an attorney, correct?
I was kind of thinking the house is going to have to be sold...who is going to make the mortgage payments or want to make them really? Even if he's only convicted of what he confessed to he's not going back there anytime soon.

imo

I don’t think there’s much equity in it, regardless.

But not if the keypad is tracking you and the time of day. How could he explain going in and out a million times? I guess he could have just gone one or two times carrying the bodies in the garbage bags.

I think someone was checking out whether the keypad had a camera or not. I know it talked to SW when she went through that door on Xmas eve to get CW's phone out of the garage.
I honestly don’t think he gave the alarm system a second thought. There’s numerous things that he can’t explain, add this to the list.

IMO, the age of their mortgage pretty much indicates there would be no cash realized in this sale after selling costs. And yes, the Estate of CW would most likely be entitled to share in any profit or loss (and funds-- if realized).

I couldn’t find a similar one in Colorado - other states have different statutes (and standards for releasing vs withholding) so it’s apples to oranges...

JonBenet was Colorado, but in that case they didn’t have anyone arrested/charged - my understanding is once that line is crossed, things change...

The one I cited was a recent Colorado case.

So, it was either a delaying tactic by CW to have LE and NUA wait for him to get back to the house. And/or, CW didn't want to go back and forth through that door when he carried the bodies out because the keypad could have kept track of his movements and time-stamp his going through the inner garage door.

My understanding is the keypad operates the exterior garage door, and the one I had was mounted on the exterior wall of the house, right by my garage doors.

LE could not get into the house because the windows were all locked and the doors they tried were all locked from the inside. They asked C for the code to the exterior garage door and he told them it wasn't working.

Why? My thoughts are he didn't want LE to enter the house without him. I think he hoped he could control any observations they might make in the house.

The security system I've read he Watts' had in their home recorded the opening and closing (and times, etc.) of the interior garage door that goes directly from the house into the garage. CW stated that door was typically not locked.

Hope that helps!

Chris Watts daughter says Primrose prayer before she eats!

This is what I struggle to understand ---
how can this man go from singing a prayer with his little girl who looks just like him to strangling her, her baby sister, her mother+unborn little brother?

What happened to his mind and why did he ever think he'd get away
with it?

I think that's exceedingly unlikely. It doesn't make any sense to me.
Because as has been pointed out, the defense is going to get that report before it is available to the media. So blocking the media from having access won't help them with finding something the didn't expect or "need to figure out".

Now if they could block the defense from access, then that would be a possibility. They want more time to prep their case.

This is rather simple and not unusual. Prosecutors on high profile cases often seek to block release of autopsy reports.

I have actually seen that happen before.

My understanding is the keypad operates the exterior garage door, and the one I had was mounted on the exterior wall of the house, right by my garage doors.

LE could not get into the house because the windows were all locked and the doors they tried were all locked from the inside. They asked C for the code to the exterior garage door and he told them it wasn't working.

Why? My thoughts are he didn't want LE to enter the house without him. I think he hoped he could control any observations they might make in the house.

The security system I've read he Watts' had in their home recorded the opening and closing (and times, etc.) of the interior garage door that goes directly from the house into the garage. CW stated that door was typically not locked.

Hope that helps!
Thanks! So there IS side garage door that had the keypad that CW was claiming to be broken.

The inner garage door does have a talking keypad because we saw it in the Xmas Eve video. So, Chris is saying that this inner keypad lock was always configured to be "unlocked."

Chris Watts daughter says Primrose prayer before she eats!

This is what I struggle to understand ---
how can this man go from singing a prayer with his little girl who looks just like him to strangling her, her baby sister, her mother+unborn little brother?

What happened to his mind and why did he ever think he'd get away
with it?

Psychopaths can and do live normal lives, but they are wired completely differently. Guilt is not an experience they have, or a conscience. The wife and daughters were barriers to his perceived goals. Or he felt he "owned" them, when SW threatened leaving, he reacted, that he was in control, not her. Killing is the ultimate control.

The only remorse he has is that he is in prison.

Thanks! So there IS side garage door that had the keypad that CW was claiming to be broken.

The inner garage door does have a talking keypad because we saw it in the Xmas Eve video. So, Chris is saying that this inner keypad lock was always configured to be "unlocked."
No, I don't think so. The keypad opens the overhead garage door similar to the remote kept or programmed inside the vehicles.

Psychopaths can and do live normal lives, but they are wired completely differently. Guilt is not an experience they have, or a conscience. The wife and daughters were barriers to his perceived goals. Or he felt he "owned" them, when SW threatened leaving, he reacted, that he was in control, not her. Killing is the ultimate control.

They hide in plain sight. Terrifying.

OK. But if the defense’s position is that she killed the girls, IMO they will most likely “go there.” They will have to attempt to show why she would do this.

I agree, with what we do know I've tried coming up with theories for all three; CW premeditated or manslaughtered all his family as well as the story he has put forth that SW murdered the girls.

And,

Understanding that separations can be a very volatile time where both parties can be acting out all kinds of crazy stuff. I'm baffled.

If it is true that SW's family knew about the separation as well as the hairdresser from the salon in NC then
she didn't just find out that night. Even had she wouldn't she take it out on just him? There is nothing indicating she is capable of doing this. Yet I am open to hearing a theory and am waiting for evidence on it. imo

bty - is there a spell check in this new format?

Very well-said.

I just wish we could just hear the truth of what happened,
even if it's only "his truth" like him saying "I was tired of the whole family life thing. It was a drag and I wanted to be free and screw around
and not answer to anyone. I wanted to spend my money on other things."

I guess that we will hear his version at the trial but it will be blaming Thrive and SW.

What?
Which post are you referring to? Could you use the "reply" button on the post to which you are responding? It will show the other psoster's post.

We value your input so much @Amandaaa and want to be able to easily follow your conversations with other posters.

Thanks!
@The Saint, if you have some posters on ignore, that may explain why you are not seeing a quote in responses.

Esteemed, “best selling author” Nick Van Der Leek would respectfully disagree with you. He’s about to release his second “book” on this case.
My guess is that this one will be entirely based on social media, as it’s not like we’ve had much new information in the past 2 weeks.

It’s going to be terrible.
I bought his book on kindle about Oscar Pistorius' trial which happened to be co-written by a member of this site, Lisa Wilson. It was a pretty good read, nothing sensational and stuck to the facts presented at the trial.
I notice he's losing a bit of cred now with multiple books pre-trial, open ended theories, he did the same with Henri Van Breda. Buyer beware. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ribut1932