Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the time line you presented, IIRC, they were together 16 days, then 7 for a week in NC, then a couple more when she got back, and then he murdered her. More like 26 days, not "maybe two weeks". Too bad she gave him any of her precious time at all.
Do you know it was 7 in nc ? I can’t confirm days just he went down the last week not for the last week. So she was away from him for about 6 with her weekend trip it’s still even at 5 1/2 weeks more time away and my opinion is the separation was also discussed with her mom bc of interview with beautician . That is highly unusual to spend the majority time you know you are pregnant ,with a high risk baby ,that you thought you would may not be able to conceive , and talk about separation . It is a sign of imo something amiss in the marriage she went there and even more unusual to have another fill in ob/gyn since he missed the first one bc he was in a tornado. It seems they were not scheduled for him to attend even if he chose to imo I would have rescheduled my first one . Even the third child is a miracle so it seems unusual to me moo

I highly doubt they'll let CW take the stand. Even with enormous amounts of prepping , he is too socially awkward and unconvincing , he would just incriminate himself. The defence will just make sure the prosecution actually proves their case. The defence will pick apart all the evidence presented and lay seeds of doubt without using CW. I think it is very common for accused murderers to not take the stand in their defence.
I agree with this - I don't think he would survive taking the stand. It just seems like it will be difficult to put on "evidence" that SW killed the daughters without any testimony from the one and only witness to this incredible scenario. As you said, I guess it would be a lot of defense lawyers asking experts, "But *could* it be possible that...." and trying to poke holes in the prosecution's case.

It's mind boggling to me that these guys think they can just dispose of their families and take up a new life and that it will just work out. Especially with such sloppy plans. Even for purely selfish reasons - Is the risk of a life in prison really better than a divorce and having to pay some child support? Will a mistress really believe his whole family just "vanished" ?

Luckily NUA intervened so early and the neighbor's camera caught that no one else left the home. We don't get the chance to see if CW would have been crafty and been able to pull off, or just more of his bumbling, not-so-thought out ways to conceal a crime. This is a good thing that LE was called early. But would he have gone back to better bury SW body? Disposed of the phone? Sent text messages to himself supposedly from her? Unlocked house doors? Abandoned her car? Hid the purse and meds like she had left? Staged a break-in like someone could have taken them? How far was he going to take this? Or just kinda chill and think people would just be satisfied with his, "Like I don't know. They just like vanished. So earth shattering. Love these shirts. Come back if you're out there and all."

Last edited:
They’re probably going to say he completely saw red and went nuts. Panic button....what? (they’ll claim). He was not even thinking straight or about anything like that. I don’t buy any of this, but they have to try and sell something.

Right, I'm sure they will. But I hope there are a lot of patents on the jury. Parents will be less likely to accept that story.

It doesn't matter how angry some one gets, if they see their child DYING before their eyes, they are going to try and save that child before doing anything else. End Of Story.

I too, am completely lost here. How does this relate to murder?
Because she is either too independent (leaves her husband for weeks) or too controlling and insecure (she couldn't cope with a separation so she turned into a murderer)

AND

Because she is too concerned about medical issues (all the doctor visits for her and the kids) or not concerned enough (flies while pregnant, wears a patch some OBs say not to, etc).

AND

Because....we just don't like her? Because that is all that makes sense to me after pondering the above conflicting potential defense storylines. Don't like the victim. Therefore, the victim is guilty. If she isn't, this could happen to you.

ALL IMO

T
I agree. IMO their marriage didn't fall apart overnight. I'm sure it was bad for several months or more.
It may have been bad for CW. He was juggling a lot.
There's no evidence the marriage was bad from Shanann's point of view. No evidence to show she believed anything but that she was in a loving relationship in which she supported and loved her husband, unfortunately believed he was doing the same for her, and lovingly raising their girls with a son on the way.
imo

Hi human,
In my country (not USA) we can sell our principal residence without any time frame constrictions of when we can sell it and without having to declare capital gains as long as it is your principal residence and not a rental or investment property. I am wondering if that is the same in the USA regarding principal residence and capital gains matters.

Hi human,
In my country (not USA) we can sell our principal residence without any time frame constrictions of when we can sell it and without having to declare capital gains as long as it is your principal residence and not a rental or investment property. I am wondering if that is the same in the USA regarding principal residence and capital gains matters.

This has good info. There are some complications, but basically it says it has to be your primary residence and you have to have lived there two out of five years.

There is an issue with having a home office.

You used to have to buy another house to get the deduction, but I think that is gone.

This artcle gives some other scenarios as well.
Avoiding Capital Gains Tax When Selling Your Home: Read the Fine Print

So thankful she and the girls got those extra weeks with the family.
Human nature being what it is, I hope the family doesn't feel like they missed an opportunity here. Of course, they couldn't know the horror that was in store, but I'm sure they're second guessing themselves, wondering what they could have done.

Of course the answer is likely nothing. She couldn't possibly know what CW was capable of, and neither could they.

Last edited:
Ok. I just want to make sure I get this straight:

Shanann used a product that “could” be harmful to unborn babies.

If she used this product, she must have known that it was harmful to babies.

If she knew this product was harmful to babies, she must not have cared about the baby she was carrying.

If she didn’t care about the baby she was carrying, she didn’t care about her kids.

If she didn’t care about her kids, she could have killed her kids.

If she could have killed her kids, she did kill her kids.

Good luck to the defense!
Well, when the Defense is desperate and have little to work with, yes, they’ll use anything they can to cause doubt in a jury’s mind.

Unless things have changed during OB visits since my last one, you saw the doctor for about 30 seconds. The nurse checked BP, baby growth measurements, etc. There are qualified nurses and doctors all over the place. Check the phone book . SW probably had her medical history with her in case it was needed. I just don't get this discussion but I will keep my trap shut on it from now on.

Because she is either too independent (leaves her husband for weeks) or too controlling and insecure (she couldn't cope with a separation so she turned into a murderer)

AND

Because she is too concerned about medical issues (all the doctor visits for her and the kids) or not concerned enough (flies while pregnant, wears a patch some OBs say not to, etc).

AND

Because....we just don't like her? Because that is all that makes sense to me after pondering the above conflicting potential defense storylines. Don't like the victim. Therefore, the victim is guilty. If she isn't, this could happen to you.

ALL IMO
She really can't win.

Do you know it was 7 in nc ? I can’t confirm days just he went down the last week not for the last week. So she was away from him for about 6 with her weekend trip it’s still even at 5 1/2 weeks more time away and my opinion is the separation was also discussed with her mom bc of interview with beautician . That is highly unusual to spend the majority time you know you are pregnant ,with a high risk baby ,that you thought you would may not be able to conceive , and talk about separation . It is a sign of imo something amiss in the marriage she went there and even more unusual to have another fill in ob/gyn since he missed the first one bc he was in a tornado. It seems they were not scheduled for him to attend even if he chose to imo I would have rescheduled my first one . Even the third child is a miracle so it seems unusual to me moo
He was having affairs. That is what was amiss in the marriage. Him, not her.

Unless things have changed during OB visits since my last one, you saw the doctor for about 30 seconds. The nurse checked BP, baby growth measurements, etc. There are qualified nurses and doctors all over the place. Check the phone book . SW probably had her medical history with her in case it was needed. I just don't get this discussion but I will keep my trap shut on it from now on.
Yes, that was my job for over twenty years. Sometimes the doctor would just put his head in the door and say hello and ask if all was well.

Yes, something was amiss. He was a liar and cheater. What else are you trying to get at with this? Just out of curiosity.

T

It may have been bad for CW. He was juggling a lot.
There's no evidence the marriage was bad from Shanann's point of view. No evidence to show she believed anything but that she was in a loving relationship in which she supported and loved her husband, unfortunately believed he was doing the same for her, and lovingly raising their girls with a son on the way.
imo

The juggling act had to be stressful. I'm not sure if SW knew what was going on or not. Either way - it's bad.
jmo

So what specifically are you getting at here? For the sake of argument, I'll say that all of these things are true. Assuming the worst, what does this prove?

I can’t think of a case like this where the defendant has gotten off that light. We see that in mob and gang cases, but not in a domestic mass murder.

True. I can't think of one family annihilator who got off. Or one many accused of such who got off.

These are serious charges not lightly issued.

And as I stated before, it's not a case of mistaken ID which are what most of the people wrongly found guilty have been subject to.

Nope. His chances of getting out of this aren't good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NancyChancy