Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The accusation from CW that SW killed her babies is never going to fly. The admission that he killed SW and Nico will fly, but not for the reason he stated. He killed them all because he wanted them all gone from his life. Period. Whatever led him to being able to follow thru with murdering all of them, one by one is incredulous.
Has it ever been discussed if CW was doing drugs? Could he have been doing drugs while SW and the girls were in NC? Maybe some sort of stimulants?

The accusation from CW that SW killed her babies is never going to fly. The admission that he killed SW and Nico will fly, but not for the reason he stated. He killed them all because he wanted them all gone from his life. Period. Whatever led him to being able to follow thru with murdering all of them, one by one is incredulous.
Has it ever been discussed if CW was doing drugs? Could he have been doing drugs while SW and the girls were in NC? Maybe some sort of stimulants?
i'm a long time lurker, and don't ever make comment o Webleuths, but wonder if there might have been a roid rage episode. I know nothing about steroid use, so please excuse my ignorance. Could (even low dose) long term steroids be a cause of 'instability'? It seems Chris took a lot of care of his body. Always exercising, lifting, being the buff beauty. Steroids PLUS that thrive stuff, could be a potentially dangerous combo? Maybe?

I question what CW would consider to be "unsupervised"...he seems quite attached to the baby monitor. The kids could have been in bed or otherwise preoccupied in the house (e.g. playing, watching TV, etc. - I don't know the specs of their monitor set up), with the baby monitor grill-side.
I meant for them to be in the kitchen playing. Naturally if they were asleep it would not be necessary.

I think he was arrogant and stupid to think he could get away with murder in this day and age.
Much easier to get a divorce, pay child support and move on. Divorcing a pregnant wife is lousy but certainly a better choice than killing your family. I'll bet he is wishing he could turn back the clock.
He could have had his freedom and possibly a new partner.
Murder is final and never a solution.
MOO.
Agreed on all points in your post and I'd like to add. Sadly, I know of employers that take valuable hard working employees on every couple years, they quit when child support catches up with them several months or a year or sometimes longer and the employer is notified by the Gov't to garnish paychecks for unpaid child support they quit that job. Go get another job, lather rinse repeat. Sorry to tell this, it is absolutely true and happening, and nothing was stopping him from doing the same.

Oh.....
I wonder what vehicle he drove to the party too.
I think he would have driven her car since the car seats were in it. I know he could have moved them into his vehicle, but why? It seems more logical to just take the car with the car seats.

According to Weld County public records, Christopher Lee Watts AND Shanann Watts jointly owned the property. See attached and click on Owner(s).

Property Report

ETA clarification
Yes, they were joint owners. ?

MOO

He wasn’t so shy that he did not have multiple affairs according to some things I have read on here. That does not seem shy to me or introverted.
Haven't heard of the saying, the strong, silent type. Lots of women/men find this very alluring especially if the man has a good physique, he need hardly say a word.

Men often use silence to be in charge and collect their thoughts. They rely on it like they do the masked face. Silence exhibits control. You know the image: "You can stand on your head, but I will say nothing. I will not let you in and better yet, I will throw you off balance by my silence. I am in control. I have the power!" Employed in this way, silence can be as earsplitting as shrieking.

The Strong Silent Type: The male advantage

In the book on Amazon about this case, the author stated that SW was going to take NUA car shopping (Thrive perk) after her Dr.'s appt. That was, (in the author's mind) one of the factors as to NUA's "persistence" in trying to reach SW that morning. Then, of course, things got too strange to ignore. Maybe her son was with her for the car shopping and not from a sense of alarm and safety
The car shopping was something NAU posted on her FB page back in July after hail damage. It happened weeks before and had absolutely nothing to do with that day, that week or that month. Or this case. The author just grabbed some random posts and made up a story.

i'm a long time lurker, and don't ever make comment o Webleuths, but wonder if there might have been a roid rage episode. I know nothing about steroid use, so please excuse my ignorance. Could (even low dose) long term steroids be a cause of 'instability'? It seems Chris took a lot of care of his body. Always exercising, lifting, being the buff beauty. Steroids PLUS that thrive stuff, could be a potentially dangerous combo? Maybe?
:) Welcome to Websleuths, DeeMor! :)
The possibility of steroids has been suggested here, but there is currently no evidence I'm aware of that CW used steroids.

Thanks for joining us!

MOO

The car shopping was something NAU posted on her FB page back in July after hail damage. It happened weeks before and had absolutely nothing to do with that day, that week or that month. Or this case. The author just grabbed some random posts and made up a story.
IMO I would take what that "author" says with a grain of salt.
IMO he jumps onto sensational murder cases to make a quick buck and doesn't do a lot of in-depth research or fact checking because he wants to get his e-book out before anyone else writes one.
His spiel is churning out quickie e-books on killers like Van Breda etc. I find his writing sloppy and hasty. MOO.

I think we have a deafening silence regarding the movement of the truck and her vehicle before that 5:30 (roughly) on Monday morning, firm sighting by neighbor & camera. Except that no other vehicle was seen except NUAs at 1:48 (roughly, I don't remember the exact minute). LE is withholding from us!!

No other vehicle seen in "driveway" not specifically "street". NUA pulling in driveway at 1:48 and CW backed up to garage, in driveway, at 5:30ish.

STOP the parenting debate now, everyone. This is one of the fastest ways to get a thread shut down. Do you all remember the recent family annihilator case of the Hart family? The 2 moms who drove their entire family off a cliff, killing everyone? We no longer have an open thread for that case primarily because members made everything personal and turned the thread into a giant parenting debate and pretty much forgot about the missing and murdered children.

We're not going to do that in this case, okay? When you or I or my next door neighbor puts their children to bed or wakes them up does not matter. Whether we give our kids sugar or think it's poison does not matter.

Please stay on topic. This is about Shan'ann's murder and the murder of her beautiful children. It's not about you, me, or anyone else. Don't take posts personally.
@liltexans Thanks again for your continued guidance. Can you please confirm that we have no factual evidence that the girls bedtime on August 13, 2018 was 6:30p, and therefore they could not be outside with CW when he was seen by a witness grilling at 7:15pm. Also, If I'm incorrect about this, I'd like to know. TIA

How long ago was the video where she said the girls had a 6:30 bedtime. I don't think CeCe was a toddler anymore, was she?

I looked up toddler definition and it is a 'young child just beginning to walk.'

The next age described is 'pre-schooler.' I think they are out of the toddler stage and more into the pre-schooler age. And their bedtime may have pushed a bit later as well. JMO
Yes, toddlers are called that because of that cute way they go side to side when they first start to walk.

Right, that is why it is normal for kids to sleep 10 or 12 hrs at night. My daughter would not nap at all but slept at least 13 hours at night at that age.

I know several parents who have "rest or time out" hours for their young children that are not necessarily nap times. They give their children a book or a doll or whatever and ask them to stay in bed until the parent comes back. It works for a lot of them.

We don’t know if it occurred in a private room, or if it was recorded.

I’m not sure about privacy issues here, and if it would have been recorded in the first place.

@gitana1 @Mrspratcher

Unless his Dad is an attorney and acting in that capacity, I’m fairly certain they kept the tape rolling while Dad was in the room. No reasonable expectation of privacy in an interrogation room.

Plus he was just so CREEPY!
Yah, especially when discussing the more salacious aspects with emails/texts/photos. Eww!!o_O
I'm actually glad he wrote a book about the trial and its interesting to hear his thoughts on the Watt's case.

I completely understand. But as in the Scott Peterson case, we saw some of his family and even himself (prior to arrest but long after retaining a criminal defense attorney) give media interviews in his defense. I believe, and please correct me if I am wrong, when the public perception is overwhelmingly against their client, it is in the best interest of their client for a strong defense to want to mitigate that public perception (and future jury pool) and create a more sympathetic or neutral view of said client. Family/friends could even say, "I wish I could speak on this because I believe him to be innocent, but we cannot at this time due to counsel's advice. But please reserve judgment until trial when many more facts will come to light." I am not hearing any of that. My guess is because it would be too difficult to answer questions about CW because what he has already admitted to is so heinous and illegal, IMO. CW's actions and confessions have made a clean defense of innocence exceedingly difficult (also IMO).
I agree, CW discarding his children in oil tanks just pretty much sets up he is capable of anything, they'd question themselves, did they really know him at all? How can they defend the indefensible? :(

There were a couple posts weeks ago on that author. Bad news. I'm sorry you had to read that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member