Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might sound crazy but the one teeny, tiny thing that has always bothered me was when CW’s attorney requested, right off the bat, that swab samples be taken of the girls’ necks and hands for DNA. It makes me wonder if he wore gloves when he strangled the girls, so as not to leave his DNA, but then some how managed to take his dead wife’s hands and place them on their necks to transfer her DNA, as well as on their hands. Just a thought.
I don’t think he thought that far ahead. Why plant evidence just to hide and destroy it?

I think the lawyer asked for this, because CW recounted the same story to him, as he did to LE.

So CW tells the lawyer “My wife strangled the kids,” and the lawyer took him at his word, and made the request.

Sounds a lot like Robert Mochrie. He was even nice enough to clean the blood splatter from the walls.

"Beyond his family circle, Robert had few, if any, real male friends. His social entertainment amounted to little more than having a few pints down the pub, watching the occasional rugby match. He was shy, but not a social misfit; he had held down a senior position at the Welsh Office, and had run a number of different businesses. Another friend of the family, Chris Williams, scrambles to make sense of the inexplicable. "We are all at a loss," she says. "Robert was the guy who wouldn't hurt a fly."
Family man

MOO

Incredibly interesting article.

I don’t think he thought that far ahead. Why plant evidence just to hide and destroy it?

I think the lawyer asked for this, because CW recounted the same story to him, as he did to LE.

So CW tells the lawyer “My wife strangled the kids,” and the lawyer took him at his word, and made the request.
Gotcha. Yeah, he probably thought they’d never be found. I just wonder if DNA evidence can survive after being immersed in crude oil, which contain chemicals.

In theory it is. But we don’t know if they were wrappped, completely submerged, or the level of decomposition. There’s just too many unknowns.
Or conversely, the oil could have fixed the dna to their bodies. It is not like moving water. I think that human dna may be able to be detected in the oil that coated their bodies.

I didn't really believe the man who claimed to be the gay lover. But he did say publicly, that he had been contacted by LE and had spoken to the FBI. Would someone say that if it was a total lie?

So it makes me open to the possibility that he is telling the truth. JMO

Oh yes, it is very frightening and the reason so many people have trouble accepting that CW could do such a thing. It is that way in many cases of family annihilation and other types of murder cases as well. You hear things like, "they seemed so happy," "I never saw him angry," and "he wouldn't hurt a fly..." It takes time for some people to process and it's hard to understand.

Several threads back I pointed out that Ted Bundy's mother refused to believe he was guilty after being convicted of two of his murders. She said, "Ted Bundy does not go around killing women and little children!" She didn't believe it until after he made several death-row confessions.
Mother of serial killer Ted Bundy dies in Washington

MOO

Wow. Mother and son look alike!

I am puzzled about the DNA evidence and if they will be able to retrieve it after being submerged in the oil and after removing the oil. Also I don’t understand how any DNA evidence if retrieved will prove anything.??? Help me understand. I thought evidence of injuries, hand impressions and such would provide more proof of what happened, how and who. ???

I doubt the children were ever on the deck while the hot BBQ was being used. Nor would they be heard if they were inside the house. It's a totally unremarkable observation, imo.
This is a murder investigation, when the children were last seen is crucial. CW could have already killed the girls, I don't hold this theory at this stage.

Neighbours might have seen the children in the yard playing while dad is bbqing on a previous occasion, we don't know what was usual habit for CW, especially while SW was away. Strict bedtimes aren't always enforced for various reasons, time of year, which parent is overseeing bedtime routine etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhojensenbeach