Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AB claimed that she had sighted text message between he and CW.
I've read that as well, about the text messages.
Below are some transcripts in reference to the man's interview.
CNN.com Transcripts;

"BANFIELD: I do want to say that, you know, some reporting about this remarkable interview last night that lasted an hour was that he was anonymous. He`s absolutely not anonymous. I assure you we know exactly who he is.

We know his name. We know his phone number. We have been in conversations with him for days. He is not anonymous. He is terrified.

He doesn`t want his identity revealed publicly, but that does not make him anonymous. It`s also important to know we reached out to him, not the other way around. A lot of people say that they think this is just a moment he`s seeking in the sun, but we had to work on him for a day to convince him to actually tell the story publicly. Again, not the other way around.

[19:05:07] But I think the biggest bombshell is what you just said. Your inside source in the investigation has confirmed that Chris Watts indeed was having affairs outside of his marriage with both men and women."

I think that the deep tissue bruising and the burst blood vessels on their faces and eyes and any other marks or injuries will tell more of the story of what happened than DNA.
I definitely agree. DNA could easily be explained away (touch DNA), as the defense could claim it was transferred during the body dumping (which he has admitted to).

Autopsy findings may be far more compelling.

I think that the deep tissue bruising and the burst blood vessels on their faces and eyes and any other marks or injuries will tell more of the story of what happened than DNA.
True, but isn't it a matter of whose DNA they find? And even then, if SW kissed the kids goodnight, her DNA might be found. So what would it prove?

CNN.com Transcripts;

"BANFIELD: I do want to say that, you know, some reporting about this remarkable interview last night that lasted an hour was that he was anonymous. He`s absolutely not anonymous. I assure you we know exactly who he is.

We know his name. We know his phone number. We have been in conversations with him for days. He is not anonymous. He is terrified.

He doesn`t want his identity revealed publicly, but that does not make him anonymous. It`s also important to know we reached out to him, not the other way around. A lot of people say that they think this is just a moment he`s seeking in the sun, but we had to work on him for a day to convince him to actually tell the story publicly. Again, not the other way around.

[19:05:07] But I think the biggest bombshell is what you just said. Your inside source in the investigation has confirmed that Chris Watts indeed was having affairs outside of his marriage with both men and women."

Bombshell.

I am puzzled about the DNA evidence and if they will be able to retrieve it after being submerged in the oil and after removing the oil. Also I don’t understand how any DNA evidence if retrieved will prove anything.??? Help me understand. I thought evidence of injuries, hand impressions and such would provide more proof of what happened, how and who. ???

I thought the same thing until the other day when AB had a forensic expert on. I just figured those kids would have DNA of mom and dad all over their bodies and what really could that prove? Then the expert said something like if the DNA cells were compressed together it could show there was strangulation by the owner of that DNA.

CNN.com Transcripts;

If true, this may be one of the reasons for the murders. Maybe SW threatened to expose him. CW wanted freedom and killed them all. CW did not want his shenanigans to be known.

CNN.com Transcripts;

Is this the same alleged male AP who said CW took him to Sephora and bought him high-end skincare?

Bombshell.
Yes, IMO I believe the man is telling the truth. Also, at the bottom it talks about the "inside source in the investigation has confirmed.......affairs outside of his marriage with both men and women." Once again, not that this matters as far as his guilt IMO but it shows a very strong potential motive. IMO

I wonder about drugs, too.
I feel the need to respond, as I have before. I have no knowledge about different drugs and how they can affect people---a husband hopped up on marijuana edibles killed his wife by "mistake". And like other states as I have heard, other drugs are more prevalent in Colorado than they were when I grew up there. From an outsiders perspective not knowledgeable about the effects of drugs in an unstable man, who knows what could happen? I should also bring up there is a prescription drug epidemic here in the USA.

I unfortunately witnessed a roid rage attact in the late 80's at a high school party in the foothills west of Frederick, back then those parties were referred to a "woodsies", like one would guess, keg and high schoolers in a park in the woods.... The exception was the kid that committed the rage was the typical stereotype, football player, extremely buff for his lack of height, and terrible acne, none of which he had the year before when he was skinny. From what I've seen CW made changes too though not so drastic, but I cannot help but wonder.

One more thing, I still question if CW looked hung over during the interviews. I go back and forth between the paleness under his eyes from safety goggles from work or his liver working overtime. I've seen that pattern on faces before, usually from snow skiiing (snow goggles) or heavy drinker. I fear the combination of any of the above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member