Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is.

I heard about that TB. I admit I never watched the interview or saw anything online, based on other posters' opinions that he doesn't seem credible. If it were me, I would've kept my mouth shut. You have to wonder why anyone in their right mind would willingly come forward with information that places you intimately with someone who we now know is at the very least a murderer. o_O Jmo

Gotcha. Yeah, he probably thought they’d never be found. I just wonder if DNA evidence can survive after being immersed in crude oil, which contain chemicals.
Every time I try to research this subject I end up with 50% of the contributors say yes, the other 50% dubious.
The one comment that stuck with me is that when animals die in tar pits, their remains are intact for a LONG time after and DNA can be extracted then....

I definitely agree. DNA could easily be explained away (touch DNA), as the defense could claim it was transferred during the body dumping (which he has admitted to).

Autopsy findings may be far more compelling.
What can't be detected on the bodies, will be compensated for by hand, palm, foot prints, etc. at the tank disposal site. The picture will become very clear who was responsible for snuffing out the life of this entire, beautiful family. MOO

My thought is that he *knows* there is no DNA, so he asks for testing, so he can say, "But my DNA wasn't found on their necks." I suspect extreme sneakiness.
Yes, or all for show....ala, we asked for this because we knew it would exonerate our client. But that darn crude oil (that our client chose...but we won't mention that in the same breath).

I've read that as well, about the text messages.
Below are some transcripts in reference to the man's interview.
CNN.com Transcripts;

"BANFIELD: I do want to say that, you know, some reporting about this remarkable interview last night that lasted an hour was that he was anonymous. He`s absolutely not anonymous. I assure you we know exactly who he is.

We know his name. We know his phone number. We have been in conversations with him for days. He is not anonymous. He is terrified.

He doesn`t want his identity revealed publicly, but that does not make him anonymous. It`s also important to know we reached out to him, not the other way around. A lot of people say that they think this is just a moment he`s seeking in the sun, but we had to work on him for a day to convince him to actually tell the story publicly. Again, not the other way around.

[19:05:07] But I think the biggest bombshell is what you just said. Your inside source in the investigation has confirmed that Chris Watts indeed was having affairs outside of his marriage with both men and women."
Bold/italic/underlined by me:
"We know his name. We know his phone number. We have been in conversations with him for days. He is not anonymous. He is terrified."

This is confusing. If the alleged male AP was so terrified why is he doing these interviews and letting his identity become known all-over the world? He is rather flamboyant in the interview and does not appear terrified. He seems to be enjoying the attention. MOO

CW is a tortured soul. Murdered his family and destroyed so many lives. He has ruined his own life - not that I care about his life. So many people lives have been devastated and will never recover from it.

Yes, or all for show....ala, we asked for this because we knew it would exonerate our client. But that darn crude oil (that our client chose...but we won't mention that in the same breath).

Also, wasn’t the forensic “expert” they wanted to use for this DNA extraction totally discredited by some of his prior actions ?

Every time I try to research this subject I end up with 50% of the contributors say yes, the other 50% dubious.
The one comment that stuck with me is that when animals die in tar pits, their remains are intact for a LONG time after and DNA can be extracted then....

iT is confusing. I think one reason is because there are a few different kinds of DNA they would be looking for.

For example, the animals in the tar pits, that have their DNA tested, that is their natal DNA. The DNA that describes who they are. what they are etc.

But there is also DNA on them from others who touched them or fought with them. Can that DNA, the 'touch' DNA be found after it was covered in oil/tar?

Now, please, excuse me for typing the next part, but I am trying to illustrate the differences---if the girls had been victims of SA, then I think there might have been DNA left behind to show that. The oil might have protected that.

But I think the DNA that would show who strangled them would be 'touch DNA" ---pieces of skin etc, left behind by the killer when they assaulted them. And touch DNA might not be protected in a large vat of oil, imo. If the girls were dropped into the tank, head first and moved through the oil, would the touch DNA have fallen away?

Shanann Watts’ father appointed representative of her estate
Shanann did not leave a will. But on Thursday in a Weld County Court telephone hearing, Shannan’s father requested that he be appointed as the personal representative of her estate. That means he will collect all of her assets, but it doesn’t mean he’ll automatically receive them. “Once that estate is collected and he’s figured out whether she owed any money or needs to pay any taxes – after that then he’ll distribute to who is entitled to receive it. It’s typically the spouse and that’s probably where the disagreement is going to arise depending on how the criminal prosecution of Mr. Watts goes,” Dan McKenzie, attorney with McKenzie law firm said.

If Watts is found guilty, Shanann’s father may use a state statute to block him from receiving her possessions.

“He will try and prevent Mr. Watts from getting the property under Colorado Slayer’s Statute which says you can’t benefit from someone you are guilty of causing the death of,” McKenzie said.

The couple’s Fredrick home is valued at more than $400,000 and is only in Christopher Watts’ name. During the telephone hearing, Watts did not object to the appointing of his father-in-law as the representative.

I hope they can sell the house right away. Otherwise, heating it and paying taxes and the mortgage is going to be problematic. Of course, the neighbors want it torn down.

Does it say which shop? Just wondering as a local, tia.
(I guess I could read it when I have time, sorry was being lazy.)

(The fetus abductor DL worked in a children’s consignment shop, I just thought it would be quite a coincidence if it was the same one, “Once Upon a Child”. She also advertised baby clothes for sale on CL which baited her pregnant victim. :( )

Sorry, I was gone all day. Im not sure actually! I havent gotten a chance to go back to the link. But yes, that would be very odd coincidence.

:) Welcome to Websleuths, DeeMor! :)
The possibility of steroids has been suggested here, but there is currently no evidence I'm aware of that CW used steroids.

Thanks for joining us!

MOO
When I look at his topless body, it looks like steroids to me. Check out that backyard lawn mowing picture of C.W.. I just googled “bodies with and without steroids,” and you can really see the difference in the arm and chest muscles. Of course, this is pure speculation, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member